“Delicious. Everyone happy!” 5 of 5 stars

(831) 662-7120
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sanderlings Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 60 Restaurants in Aptos
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sumner Ave.
Bakersfield, California
“Delicious. Everyone happy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Out family stayed at Seascape for a week and ate all over Santa Cruz, Monterey, and Aptos. We ate well too, but our final meal at Sanderlings was top notch. Our eldest son (10) ate the calamari, he loved every bite. The youngest son (7) got the skirt steak and ate it all. We all enjoyed the warm artichoke dip, it had a little heat (spice) and was a little out if the ordinary... But so good! I had the prosciutto and melon salad with chicken and my husband had the scampi pasta. No one was disappointed. And, we sat on the patio on a Friday night and enjoyed the incredible sunset over the ocean and the live music... Such a great dining experience!

Oakhurst, California
“Dinner with a View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were traveling as a group of 4 adults and an infant. We had made a reservation early, at 5:30pm as we didn't want to have long waits with the baby.

Pros:
*Sit outside - we had the most wonderful view of the water and the sunset, it was stunning. The sun can get strong, but they have umbrellas to combat it.
*Wine List - had great variety, some high end bottles, some 'grocery store' familiar, and local labels.
*Great seafood selection - as I would expect from any restaurant on the coast.
*I prefer to have a cheese course to finish the meal, over dessert. The server hesitated, I could tell it wasn't something he was asked very often. He did however check, and came back with the variety of cheese they had. The plate was put together beautifully, I was surprised, as it seemed to be made 'on the fly'

Cons:
*The outdoor patio needed attention, the ground was messy
*The golf carts used by the staff had a pathway right by the outdoors, which is fine, as the property is extensive, they need to get around quickly and efficiently. The reason this is on the 'con' list is because they are gas powered, and very noisy. Disruptive and smelly when you are trying to enjoy dinner.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Mediocre food with extraordinary view of the sunset”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

There were 5 adults, 2 teens, and two children in our party. The dinner menu entrees ranged from about $20 to $40. My friend requested a cocktail menu and happened to see an all-day lighter fare menu after the cocktail list. We all ordered from this lighter fare menu. My mother's hamburger was dry and overcooked. My Father's calamari was tough and the coating soggy; he did not eat it. My lobster bisque tasted like tomato bisque and did not have lobster meat in it. I explained to the waitress that I thought this might be tomato, not lobster, in a very friendly way. She said, "I know, it's just a hint of lobster. " I did not eat it. She took the calamari and bisque off the bill.

The french fries were good, and a salad was also good. The ribs were tender but the tangy barbecue sauce was just okay.

The appetizers came out with the meals, though they were ordered specifically as appetizers. I had been surprised the restaurant was not crowded at 7:30 when the resort was packed. Now you know why.

There were only two cocktails and two smoothies ordered. Everyone else drank water. We did not order dessert. The bill was $200. They add the tip on automatically for large parties. We were grateful we had not ordered from the dinner menu.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, California
“Fathers Day on the Patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Had a good meal out on the patio. The view is great and food is good. Good place for a romantic date. Would go again..

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Very tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Ate dinner here last night with my husband. We each enjoyed the neighbor specials. Great price and delicious. I had the scampi and linguini. They were tender and juicy. My husband had the ribeye. He said it was cooked to order and tasty. The view and service were great.. We will be back!

Visited April 2014