“Some of the best homestyle cooking around” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 60 Restaurants in Aptos
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
San Salvador, El Salvador
“Some of the best homestyle cooking around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

A stop at Red Apple always means a heaping plate of quality food. There is nothing that they don't do well here, all with a homey warm feel. The Huevos Rancheros are my favorite, but after 20 years of visiting, I think I've tried it all. The menu has always had the classics-omelets, pancakes, scrambles, bacon, toast-while the specials board shows off their creativity. A must for breakfast.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Aptos, California
“recycled food?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have to admit it has been a few years since I have been there, but at my last visit I am pretty sure they took a plate of food from in front of the lady at the table next to us and gave it to my friend. My friend was served the wrong meal, and shortly after advising the waitress, the same waitress took a meal from the table next to us that had already been eaten off of (just a bit, but a few bites is still a few bites). Not two minutes later my friends "right" plate suddenly appears in front of her, and the other lady gets her plate that looks suspiciously like the plate that was just sitting on our table in front of my friend. I haven't been able to eat there since. The food IS tasty though...you just have to hope it is untasted first.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hughson, California
“Excellant Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had to replace our old place that was closed 2 years ago the December. We have found out new place for breakfast when we are at New Brighton. Great food and price is just right for what you get. For you men if you get there at the right time the eye candy can get get us married ones in trouble.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lafayette, California
“Hearty breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

A large variety of menu options to fit any taste with big portions at a reasonable price. On Sunday there was a 3 piece musical group playing background music making a enjoyable experience.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aptos, California
“sunday brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

dine inside or out----------good size portions of food! tasty!the hollandaise sauce lacked the lemon zest but overall the food was delicious. the bacon was the BEST!!friendly servers but alittle slow. :)

• Visited September 2012