“Studio room very dated!” 3 of 5 stars

Seascape Resort
1 Seascape Resort Dr., Aptos, CA 95003   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Aptos
San Ramon, Ca
“Studio room very dated!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

We have stayed at this resort in the 1 and 2 bedroom units and were very satisfied. This time chose a studio and were very disappointed. It was dark and dreary, almost no pictures on the wall and bedspread very dated (room 313).
The resort fee $40.00 is extremely high for someone who doesn't use a gym (across the street) or internet access.

Sanderlings Restaurant on the property is excellent!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

PROS: We had a great expereince with this place from making the reservations to checking out. The rooms are GREAT. We had room 215 bedroom suite with parshal view and it was a full view with the beautiful trees. The golf cart ride to the beach was great, we have two young children and a lot of beach stuff to take down so this made it so easy. They have a phone at the beach for you to have them come get you.When the tide goes down at the beach you can find sand dollars that have died and washed up. We found several whole ones. The food was great also at the hotel. Very kid friendly place. The pool was worm kids were swimming in it even in the rain. The grounds are very clean and beautiful. Short drive to Santa Cruz, Redwoods. There is a coffee shop (really good coffee) across the street from hotel, Seascape Maket (all organic), video store, great pizza place.

Cons: Bring your own movies, the hotel charges $12.99 for a movie and $2.99 an episode for a half an hour kids show. There is HBO and other things on that you don't get charged for but not much on for the kids. Also when ordering room service they charge 25% graditude and then the waiters wait around the room for a tip. I am not tipping again after the 25%. Call me cheap.........Also I always felt they service was waiting for a tip but when you stay there you are charged all of this with your stay so I felt bad not tipping but it was already being done.

Other than that we had a wounderful stay and can not wait to go back there again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Richmond, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

I wanted to treat my husband for his birthday, we were originally going to stay at our timeshare in Tahoe but didn't feel like taking the long drive up. I saw this place online and decided to take a chance. From the time we checked in to the time we checked out we had such a good time. The resort is top notch, it reminded me of the Atlantis in the Bahamas at night. The room was everything that we expected and were accustomed to having, the service was extraordinary, we were treated so well that I will definitely be going back at least once a year from now on.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

Brad & Joey here. We went to Seascape for our second trip this year. We just love it. We have gotten used to traveling to places with 2 bedrooms, kitchen, balcony or patio to hang out in ever since we bought at Villa La Estancia in Nuevo Vallarta. Our villa 1302 has all of that as well. We just can't stay in regular hotel rooms with the family any more without being so dissapointed.

Seascape has everything we look for. Spacious rooms, great views, walk to multiple restaraurants. We like not having to get back in our car once we arrive at a resort. The prices at Seascape are much cheaper than renting two hotel rooms.

The restaurant on site is outstanding. You can also walk across the street to the market, coffee shop, pizza place, Asian food, Mexican food. It's all right there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Rancho Corova, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

We went to the Seascape Beach Resort in Monterey Bay California for our 23rd year anniversary. When ever I plan a trip I don't let my wife know where she is going. All I tell her is what she needs to take to wear, I have been doing this for years now. She actually likes this as it something for her to look forward to, the unknown. This one year I took her to Tahiti, boy did she get a kick out of that. Now back to this hotel. This was also a surprise and boy did she enjoy herself, I had flowers in the room waiting. They put rose peddles in a heart shape on the bed for us and through out the room. They had also left us 3 chocolate covered strawberries next to the flowers. The view was great, our own patio faced the ocean, it even had a barbecue on the patio. Our room had the jacuzzi tub big enough to fit 2 people comfortably. While we were there we had the Fire to go on the beach, my wife enjoyed it so much we did it twice. They take you down to the beach in a golf cart, set everything up for you. They give you waters, smores, the sticks and start the fire for you. You have enough fire wood to last at least 2 hrs and enough smores to take back to the room with you. We were there for the wine tasting they had along with the 4 course meal. Once again she loved the food and wine and we meet some nice people at our table. One of the nights we had the in room massage for two, that was great and very relaxing. I would definitely recommend this hotel to couples and even families.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

It was your typical resort, but the view and proximity to the beach was lovely. It seemed to have everything we needed. However, the price was too steep. There was nothing extra-special about it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

I have just returned from a day business retreat at this facility. Overall, I enjoyed myself and this was my second stay there.

The Good
The location is amazing. Can beat being an easy walk to the beach. The grounds, though spread out, were lovely. My kids would have had a blast but I didn't bring them.

Staff was great. Front desk did a good job with some specific issues and the concierge and dining room folks were outstanding.

Room was nice. Clean but not fancy. Handy to have a coffee maker in the room. Kitchen would have been great had my kids joined me.

The Bad
The food at the meetings was fair. Dried fish that disappointed. The place is a bit isolated if you don't have a car. Since I did, this was not a problem but people should really be warned of this ahead of time.

The Ugly
Some of my colleagues felt poorly after one meal. Not clear if it really was the salmon but one wonders...

Tips
Eat nearby at bittersweet. This was a great dinner. Each course was better than the one before it and I was reasonably impressed with the fact that it was relatively cheap for what we got.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Seascape Resort? Share your experiences!