“A fun, reasonably-priced getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Seascape Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1 Seascape Resort Dr., Aptos, CA 95003   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Aptos
Hercules, California
“A fun, reasonably-priced getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Seascape is actually a collection of individually-owned condos managed as a hotel. We had been there two years ago and really liked it, so we went back. The unit we had rented on the third floor the last time we were there was available, so we were able to get it.

The place is really beautiful. We had a lovely ocean view, and the weather was perfect - no fog until the day we left, and temperatures in the 80's. Note: this is unusual weather for the area, so don't be upset if you do get some fog.

They have an exceptional deal for people over 60 - 20% off the room rate and off the restaurant attached to the property. You also get free WiFi and free access to the health club up the street, which has virtually everything - weights, machines, tennis courts, lap pool, an. They also have some really nice staff people.

The bar at the Seascape is spacious and the staff is friendly. There is outdoor seating around a fire pit which is a great end to the day - grab a glass of wine and sit around the fire pit while reflecting on your day.

I can't recommend this place highly enough. It's really a fun getaway and a bargain.

Room Tip: Get a room on the third (top) floor. There are elevators and luggage carts, so you won't have t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Mountain View, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We hosted a business event at Seascape last week, and guests also spent the night. The meeting rooms and logistics of the meeting were handled beautifully, and our food service throughout the two day event was great. The rooms are huge and well appointed, all of our guests were sad we couldn't stay longer to enjoy the beautiful property and beach. On prior trips, we've also enjoyed a beach bonfire with s'mores, one of the many really special things Seascape does really well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kirkland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Nice place, but some surprising gaps. When I checked in at 1pm, I was kept waiting for the next available room for more than 1 hour. I asked several times if anything had opened. Finally I pressed hard and they thumbed through any number of clearly available rooms. Clearly they just didn't want to swap anyone.

And the bedding us motel 6 quality at best.

Overall good, but really?

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have had the opportunity over the past month to stay at Seascape Resort while working in the area. I have had nothing but a great experience while staying. Actually for my needs I really have no reason to leave the property except for work, of course I do because there is much more to do than I have time. I have stayed in both the Villas away from the main building and the 1 bedroom flats in the main building and both have been very comfortable, clean with everything you need. The restaurants on the property are excellent and the staff have been wonderful. I have one more month before I finish my contract in the area so they have the next 30 days to change my mind about my review. Great place after all is said.

Room Tip: The villas are the best. I have stayed both sides of the main building and the main building.Villa 1...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Seascape has always been a resort I wanted to try. While the place was busy with guests I have to say I was disappointed. Our room was immaculate and comfortable. The staff was pleasant. However, our Saturday check in wasn't until 4:30 pm and Sunday check out was at 11am. Yes, our resort experience time was very limited! Wanting to maximize our resort experience, we dined at the on site Sanderlings Restaurant. The service was good and the food plentiful but nothing to write home about. It's not that the resort was bad it was just mediocre. I had expected more.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sept1468
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Life can be stressful, and we save up so that we can go here to unwind. They often have great special rates. Easy access to the beach, near tons of fun things to do, and a perfect place to be pampered and relax. Be sure to let them know your preferences when you book. We prefer the quieter areas away from the pools.

Room Tip: Families with children gather near the pools. Stay away from those areas if you are looking for qui...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Burlingame, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a really nice property. We had a two bedroom, 2 1/2 bath suite, that came with a fire place, a full kitchen, and three TVs, all equipped with DVD players. Anywhere you stood on the property there were amazing views of the beach, which was a little bit of a hike down the cliff, but they would send a golf cart to take your whole family down within a couple minutes of you calling. The property also has a decent playground for kids and paths to walk with views of the ocean.

Service all around was very strong and they provided room service to the suite. They also provide this s'mores making experience on the beach which is pretty amazing. The beach itself is pretty amazing, vast, beautiful, and generally empty.

I do need to note a few criticisms: (1) The business center is both a price gauge and poorly equipped. If it was one or the other, I could live with it. But when you are being charged $1 per printed page and $7.50 to get on the computer in the first place, its pretty frustrating to use hardware and software that feels like its ten years old (actually, the software was ten years old, I was unable to open an Excel document because it was saved in the most recent version which was not loaded on the business center computers). (2) The bathrooms are not great, the shower heads are pretty low and you have to crouch a bit when you use them. (3) The breakfast service in the dining room was pretty slow. If you have small children, stick to the room service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aptos
Rio Sands Hotel
Dream Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Capitola By-the-Sea Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Cruz-Capitola
Sanctuary Beach Resort

Been to Seascape Resort? Share your experiences!