We just had a 3 days 2 nights family retreat here two weeks ago and had a wonderful time. Here are some goods and bads:
1. The location is great! As others mentioned, the whole resort is located on a cliff facing ocean. The view is just wonderful and it just minutes away of walking to the beach. We had a great time walking and building sand castles on the beach.
2. It *IS* a big resort (not just a hotel), with rooms ranging from regular hotel guest rooms to 2-3 bedrooms beach villa so your experience may vary, depending on what type of rooms you are getting. We stayed at 401 and 403 (two two-bed rooms villa) and even these two condos are different. IMHO room 403 is nicer than 401. 403 has bigger and newer screen LCD TVs (LG, with HDMI port), and larger kitchen. Room 401 has a extra (useless) small living room and a smaller kitchen, and a smaller TV. Room 403 also has newer dishwasher. Each bedroom has a small (27"?) LCD TV with separate DVD players. Both rooms were very nicely maintained (kudos to the maintenance team and the cleaning lady! good job!), especially the kitchen area (wow the cooking range was so clean that I was REALLY impressed). That said, this is definitely not a 4 - 4.5 stars type of hotel, the deco and the bathroom is more like a apartment (e.g. corian counter-tops in kitchen and bathroom, NOT granite, etc.). Just so that you know what you can expect.
3. The staff are VERY friendly and helpful. You get free golf cart ride to and from beach (which I believe was included in the resort fee). They also have 3~4 swimming pools, tennis court (need extra charge and slightly off-site), a small basketball court, ping-pong table, fitness center (quite nice), and a resort village with some mom-and-pop restaurants (pizza, Chinese food, etc.), and so on. So if you are bringing your family with you, I think you will love it.
4. I believe that above the main lobby area there is also a night disco club where sometimes people host their wedding parties here. When we arrive, we actually heard very nice Hawaiian music coming from the main lobby area, for a while I felt that I'm in Hawaii (so cool, without have to fly to Hawaii, I get to enjoy that ambiance here in SF bay area!) However the next day (Saturday) it was so quite, make me wondering why. I suggest the management (if you are reading this review) to host some Hawaiian (or Mexican) theme evenings to attract more local SF bay area people, I think people would appreciate that and love it.
5. We also love the electric BBQ Grill. We called in advance and knew they had this so we enjoyed outdoor BBQ with sunset right before our eyes... very nice experience!
1. Again, I would hope that the deco can be nicer, and some of the furniture can be a bit more updated (some of them do show its ages and the sofa bed even has some stains on it). Room 403 has a updated iPod speaker/alarm, while Room 401 has a really OLD SONY cassette/CD player. My guess is that each unit is owned by different owners (time-share or something), which is why each room has slightly different equipment and furniture.
2. Some of the resorts have their own DVDs for guests to check out, but NOT with this resort. I think they want you to rent the new released movies from their in-room LodgeNet system, which I can understand, but it would be nice to at least provide some DVDs for guests to borrow. There is a DVD rental store nearby though, but we didn't check it out.
3. The first day when we arrived, one of the swimming pool was so crowded, and we noticed that a lot of them didn't have the key card to enter the swimming pool. The fact that the whole resort share with the same hiking trails and beach with the larger community did raise some concerns for us, as we didn't feel safe to keep the backdoor open all the time. Maybe the management would be able to do something about this.
Overall a very nice stay, would recommend this for family retreat type of trips!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Seascape Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seascape Resort Aptos