“Will never go back!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Antioch

You added Ramada Antioch to your Saves list
Ramada Antioch
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2436 Mahogany Way, I-4 & Somersville Rd/Auto Ctr, Antioch, CA 94509   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Antioch
california
“Will never go back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2006

We had a very bad experience. My son was playing in a baseball tournament and we arrived at the hotel and hour before he had to be at the ballpark., thinking we had plenty of time to unload our suitcases, and relax a few minutes before going to the ballpark. I had made reservations for 2 rooms, 1 room for 2 adults, and 1 room with 2 adults and 1 child (13), which I requested a roll away bed for, since both rooms were queen rooms. I had the confirmation in hand with both confirmation numbers, and the receipt that showed I had already paid for the rooms. When we checked in, I was told that Hotels had made a mistake because Ramada only had us down for 1 room. I was told that Ramada doesn't have anything to do with any reservation web site, and that I could get my second room, by paying for a third room and then I would have to deal with getting my money back from Hotels myself. After 45 minutes of debate, I asked to see the manager on duty, since there was a sign that said "manager on duty", and was told she was at home. I insisted to speak to a manager, and she was called. After another 30 minutes, the manager had instructed the hotel personel that they do have to follow the reservations, that I had and that if it was in their computer wrong, then it was their error. We finally got our rooms, without paying again, but we missed over half of my son's game. We got back to the ballpark at 10pm, tired from playing 2 games. The roll-away bed had not been brought in, so from 10pm until 12am I called 3 times and was told that someone was working on it. The last time I called at 12am, I was told that I would have to do without, because no one there had the key to the room that had the beds. I had put my son and husband in the queen bed, while I waited for the roll-away bed, so I slept on the floor! Three other families from different ball teams had trouble with the wrong reservations and were actually leaving the hotel, because they only got half the beds they requested, all three of their reservations were mixed up, and that was just in the 1.25 hours I was at the front desk trying to get in to my rooms.

Michelle
Turlock, Ca

• Stayed August 2006
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2005

THe Staff at the Ramada Inn Excelled in performance during my stay from a quick check in to bright smiles and curteous employees. The breakfast was wonderful with their belgum waffles and other items. there was something for every member of my family. I would highly recommend this hotel to any travelers.

Jeanette Glatfelter

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2005

Hundreds of lady bowlers there for three days and we unfortunately chose this hotel because of it's locatiion in relation to the bowling alley, Aug. 18,19, 2005 WRONG!
Filthy street people (bums) walk in the side doos of the breakfast room, take what they want in the food offered paying guests and walk out without anyone questioning them! Then they hit up ladies eating on the patio for money, on their way to the street. When I questioned the desk clerk she informed me with a snit attitude that, "She was back here and couldn't be there (breakfast room) too!
Very rude clerk. Manager not available to discuss this with. Also male employees "hang out" on the patio like street people on a daily basis, no uniforms, and you have to strip over them to get to the office. Just a disgusting display of dark, dingy, tacky way of doing business. Several husbands of the other lady bowlers experienced rude service and bad conditions. Intend to notify the owner of this Ramada Inn.

• Stayed August 2005

Travelers are raving about these Antioch hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2004

This Ramada needs an upgrade. The rooms are worn and tired. The exterior looks homey but the rooms feel old and cold. I suggest the Holiday Inn Express in Brentwood.

Been to Ramada Antioch? Share your experiences!