“Average” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Italian
Napa, California
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Average on everything. The Carrot cakebread was the best thing there. Maybe just go in for milk and cakebread

“Always great service but food is often poorly prepared.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been a Mimi's customer for 30 years and this location is consistently below the food standards that I have come to expect from all of the other locations I have visited. Upon entering, the greeting by the hostess staff has always been warm and friendly. The servers are friendly, courteous and helpful, though sometimes hard to track down when you need something or are waiting too long for your check. The real problem is in the kitchen. Quite often, I order one of their Signature Salads, a meal in itself. There is always an issue when I receive my salad. These salads have several ingredients but sometimes one or more of those ingredients are missing. Sometimes there is way too much dressing or no dressing at all. The worst problem is the preparation of the chicken that is an ingredient in some of the salads. A few times the chicken was over-cooked and beyond dry. One time, I sent it back and after the manager found out about it, he comped my meal. Good P.R. on his behalf. My latest visit was a new disappointing experience. The chicken in my salad had subtle tinges of dark pink throughout the pieces. An obvious sign of undercooked chicken. Who hires and trains these cooks? This is a serious health issue. I set aside the undercooked pieces and didn't complain because my schedule prevented me from hunting down my server and asking for a new salad with properly cooked chicken. As in the past, on my next visit to this Mimi's, I will have to customize my order and specify that I want my chicken thoroughly cooked. Unfortunately for me, the manager didn't pass by my table on this visit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Discovery Bay, California, United States
“Good price and great food choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Love the food and the service is also great. Chopped tossed salad and the muffins, to die for. Have a warm Bran muffin, anytime of day.
Great atmosphere too!

Visited June 2012
California City, California
“A bit disapointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

came and met some friends here for a get together, service was good but it was really just average food. our orders consited of cobb salad, (very large portion) a walnut salad (again large portion) eggs benidict florentine (eggs were kind of runny and sauce was VERY bland) and a veggie burger, (just ok)

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Antioch
“Breakfast at Mimi's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is a very nice place to have breakfast in the morning. Nice place and the service is very good.

Visited August 2012