“Great family experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Fremont, California
“Great family experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stopped off on our way back from skiing in Bear Valley. We were 2 families with 4 kids between us. They had no problem seating our large party. I was a little worried about taking a shot on this restaurant but was wonderfully surprised. They have a huge menu.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fried chicken. I'm still dreaming about it. My buddy had breakfast. Beware, the portion sizes are big. My son's hot dog was huge. I even finished it off with a blueberry.

The best part was our waitress. She was so sweet. My daughter left her jacket there and she ran across the street to the Mark Twain Museum where we were visiting and gave it to us.

It was such a wonderful visit, we drove back from the Bay Area the following weekend to have lunch there again and spend more time at the Mark Twain Museum.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bear Valley, California
“Fun place, Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012 via mobile

Weve been here three times, we like to go after church. We never have to wait long, waitstaff is friendly & attentive. Food is good. I appreciate the ability to adjust what I order, never had a problem! Love the 50's decor, records, etc. TV's with the weather or a game playing.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, CA
“took a chance and??”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

It was great. All kids and wife were happy including myself. Great service.

Visited December 2011
Vancouver, Wa.
“Good food, long wait for meal!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Typical family diner. Our food was good, waitresses were pleasant and tried to be accomodating, but getting our food took forever!
Not many choices in Angels Camp, but if in the area again, I'd try someplace else.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, CA
“OK food, great for kids, family”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

This place is a good diner type eatery if you need a low hassle, kid friendly place to go while staying in the area. Obviously locals eat there. I had the chicken fried steak which was good and filling. They were very accommodating to my 3.5 year old son and had plenty of coloring books to keep in occupied. This was nice after 4 hours on the road with him. Also, they served Breakfast all day.
The salad bar was pretty basic, not like some whole foods thing so dont get your hopes up.
Bill for 3 people was $32. Not bad.

• Visited January 2011