“Wonderful little hole in the wall” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
california
“Wonderful little hole in the wall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Who would expect a meal like this in a little foothill town? We had a wonderful meal of freshly prepared food. The pasta with the bacon and shrimp is the perfect blend of flavors. The salads fresh and the focaccia bread was warm with an herbal crust. The soup was one of the best I have had. What made this night especially pleasant was the owner who came over to chat. His story about coffee was fun. Ask him for a maccaitoni!!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Rio Vista, CA
“Great Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

For years we have been stopping in Angels Camp for Pannini at the Pickle Barrel. Today we found that they are no longer in business. My wife and I thought we would give Crusco's a try.
We should have been coming here instead for some time. Our meals were well beyond our expectations and the service was quite good. We have found a new reason to get off the highway on the way to Arnold. We highly recommend it.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Leandro, California
“Relaxing, Delicious, Quality Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were in Angel's Camp for some R & R. My husband is a 'meat & potatoes' man and doesn't care for pasta. When he heard Crusco's was an Italian restaurant he didn't want to dine there. We dined there anyway and we are very glad that we did. Crusco's is a very nice Ristorante Italiano. The Focacia bread is delicious. The grilled New York steak topped with sauteed prawns & a lite sauce was deeeelicious! My husband loved his steak! It was nice to sit down and have dinner without feeling rushed to be served and rushed to finish our meal and get out. The owners/staff are friendly and accomodating. It's been a long time since my husband and I had a romantic dinner together and Crusco's is the perfect place to have one. Thanks to the men who recommended it to us from the Travelodge and from the Chicken Barn. Now we're recommending it to anyone who will be in Angel's Camp.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gardnerville, Nevada
“Deserves its Excellent Ratings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Four different meals, all excellent. No shortcuts: pasta cooked to order. Service is very good; takes a while for the entrees, but to me it's worth a little extra time for a meal that is fresh and cooked to order.
We chatted with the owner/head chef who has spent a lot of time learning her trade in Italy.
I am, eat, and cook Italian, and I would not hesitate to recommend this place.
Make reservations, even on weeknights.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner here. We showed up without a reservation and they found us a table even though they were busy. The food was great too. I only wish the A/C was working because it was only blowing warm air, so it got hot inside by the end of the meal. I hope they have it fixed by now.

Visited August 2013