“O.A.R.S. White Water Rafting 5 nights / 6 days Lee's Ferry to Phantom Ranch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of O.A.R.S. California Rafting - Day Tours

O.A.R.S. California Rafting - Day Tours
2863 Hwy 49, Angels Camp, CA 95222
+1 209-736-2597
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Angels Camp
More attraction details
Owner description: Recognized by National Geographic Adventure as “The Best River & Sea Outfitter on Earth” and Outside magazine’s runner up for “Best Outfitter,” O.A.R.S. is among the most trusted names in the travel industry. Since 1969 the company has set the standard in first-class rafting & sea kayaking adventures with unparalleled experiences in the most iconic national parks and wilderness areas in Western North America and abroad.O.A.R.S. caters to active travelers of all ages and abilities with experienced, professional guides and top-notch equipment and today offers more than 75 unique itineraries worldwide, including one-day and weekend escapes. Over the last four decades the California-based company has positively affected the lives of more than 500,000 travelers, due to their ability to meet the diverse needs of their broad spectrum of clientele—more than 60% of passengers return for additional trips or are referred by past guests each year.
Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
“O.A.R.S. White Water Rafting 5 nights / 6 days Lee's Ferry to Phantom Ranch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My 15 year old son and I went on the 5 night/ 6 day white water rafting trip through the Grand Canyon putting in at Lees Ferry and hiking out at Phantom Ranch. It was SOOOoooo much fun!! What a great bonding experience and a lifetime of memories we shared.

We chose O.A.R.S. rather than a motorized raft trip, and so glad we did. Instead of a rumbling, vibrating engine, we got to hear the natural sounds all about us.

The guides were wonderful! They were knowledgeable about both historical and geological facts regarding the Grand Canyon which they readily shared.

The day hikes, which were optional, were also an important part of the trip for us. We got to go on trails only accessible from the river and so well tucked away, that unless you have a guide to point them out, you'd miss them.

The guides were so well organized, working like a well-oiled machine. The food was exceptional! And all we had to do was show up when called to eat :-)

Lots of social interaction was created with fun games to play.

But I believe the best part, was watching my son bond with other kids his age from all areas of the US and form friendships that he's still keeping up with thanks to Skype and FB.

We will definitely be going on another O.A.R.S. trip in the future!

I HIGHLY recommend O.A.R.S.

Visited July 2013

Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Middle fork American river”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

The trip was fabulous. The rapids very good class three. We went during the week and it was still slightly crowded, but not bad. Our guide was very knowable and experienced. She took some unnecessary risks and put us in a very dangerous flip in a more difficult shoot at the end. Some kids were definitely freaked out and I sustained a substantial contusion to my left lower leg. Would I do it again...... Definitely yes!! life is not risk free so go for it!:)

Visited August 2013
Calaveras County, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Best Outdoor Adventure Rafting Company in California”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great guides, good company with admirable values. A nice variety of river trips from the beginner level to advanced. The meals on the multi-day trips are particularly fine.

Visited May 2013
Fort Washington, MD
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Rafting (and camping( the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

OARS (an international rafting company) is based on Angels Camp, CA. The trip I am writing about is in the GRAND CANYON, not in California.

OARS has an international reputation as a quality operation for river adventures. We recently took the 5 day trip on the lower Colorado River in the Grand Canyon. We are in our70’s and this was a “bucket list” item. Here is what I wrote to OARS: “Our 5-day trip on the Colorado River the in the Grand Canyon (June 11-15) was all that you promised. Of course, we were awed by the spectacular beauty of the river and the massive canyon. Who could not be? But we were also awed by the competence, energy and personalities of the guides and swampers. They worked so hard and they provided attention and care to all, not to mention great stories, historical information and lots of laughs. It was clear that each of these representatives of OARS truly loves the Grand Canyon and truly loves introducing the Canyon to your clients. This truly was a never-to-be forgotten experience and I’m glad it was on my “bucket list” in our 70’s!”

Visited June 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tuolumne 2 day LIFE CHANGING!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had never been rafting before and expected the worst, we started at the OARS right above Groveland and to my suprise it was the best trip I had ever taken, the most fun I've had in a long time and some of the nicest people I've ever met. Salsa Sean was my guide, he was AMAZING!!! VERY EXPERIENCED AND FUN!! Absolutely loved him. All the guides and gear boat guides on my trip were good people with sincerely sweet personalities. I would recommend this trip to anyone and everyone. Especially the location I went from, good people.

Visited June 2013