“Clean and conveniently close to my Great Grandson!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Angels Camp
Missouri
“Clean and conveniently close to my Great Grandson!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

I was referred to this motel when visiting from Missouri. Very clean rooms, free internet in the front office and Espresso, what more could I want? How about a free muffin and juice in the morning?

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sacamento
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

I totally agree with Alongcameaspider67 'STAY AWAY'.This is a dump the carpet is filthy that I put on pair of my color socks rather then getting my white sock black.The beds are hard and blanket and bedspread was old and had holes in them.The bathroom was cleanliness thing in the place ,I would had rather slept on the floor in the bathroom.Then in that hard bed and filthy carpet.You need get 'CLUE' you need major renovation.The color and sound is bad on the tv and come on people my grandmother has a VHS. I also over hear the word "bed bugs" to.I agree Alongcameaspider67,place with bedbugs is the last place I stay.So stay away if you don't want bring bed bugs home with you.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

This place was my worst nightmare coming true. The floor is stained and where ever you walk, your feet get dirty! The TV has bad color and needs to be updated (so we can at least watch DVD's and not just VHS tapes.) Actually, the whole place needs to be updated. And I was walking to get some ice, and I overheard the words "bed bugs" by someone! I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to stay at a place where they have bed bugs!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
antioch, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

I totally agree with Randie_8...avoid this place at all cost!! My husband and I came to attend a concert at Ironstone Father's day weekend 2008. Our room was not stocked for new clients--had to get towels, soap. We had the room next to office and someone forgot to turn off the nite bell in that room--guess the staff must sleep in there sometimes- so when a late arriver rang the bell--at 12:30am- it woke us up. The worst was the carpet---so filthy we had to wash our feet before getting into bed and made sure we put socks back on when we got out. disgusting. The owner never even called me back when I called to complain--guess he doesn't care. We tell everyone we know not to go there. Save your money

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
mlee88, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Angels Camp, responded to this review, February 24, 2009
Toothdeb,I am sorry to hear that your stay at the Angels Inn Motel was not up to your standards. I work closely with the owner in her off site office and we unfortunately were never made aware of your call. In regards to the carpets, we periodically steam clean them and are in the process of that currently.
Salem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

August 29, 2008
Reviewer: De
My husband and I went for a weekend trip for a concert in Murphys California. Because of our last minute decision, Angels Inn was the only hotel that we could find with a room. Never again will I stay at this motel. The beds were like sleeping on rock (very old and very hard), the room was dark and the air conditioning didn't work very well. We were on the second floor and when you walked to the stairs to go down, you could feel the breezeway bowing underneath you - did not feel safe at all. This motel needs to do some MAJOR renovations and upgrade the beds. Considering they still had vacancies and nobody else did, they should get a clue that it is time to do something about the disrepair they are in.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The Bed
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Thank you De for your comments. In an effort to be energy efficient, we tried 34 watt energy saving light bulbs which proved not to be bright enough. Currently we are exchanging every bulb with 95 watt bulbs. In addition, we are working on upgrading the mattresses.
Palo Alto, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

Room:
The double queen room was spacious. It included a coffee maker, microwave, and mini fridge. They also provide a VCR with the small TV, and you can rent videos for $2.50/night from the lobby. There is no DVD player.

Clean:
Room and bathroom was clean, with no odors or stains. The bathroom was typical for a motel and clean. The tub was clean with no discolored caulking, a pet peeve of mine! According to their website, the motel was built in 1992-1993 but it seemed very well maintained and new for that age.

Quiet :
he complex has 3 2-story buildings. Two of the buildings face the street and one of them is recessed behind the pool between the two front buildings. We stayed on the second
floor of one of the forward buildings, facing away from the road. If people are walking and talking outside your room, you can hear them, but the rooms seemed to have reasonably good sound insulation between the rooms.

Location:
Angels Inn is on the northern part of Angels Camp. The town itself has a Long's, Rite Aid, KFC, Burger King, and importantly a Starbucks! It is on the main road as is most of the motels in town. We live in the Bay Area and used Angels Camp as a staging ground for a Bear Valley family snow vacation. It is about 2.5 hours from San Jose vs 3.5 hours to get all the way to Bear Valley. So if you are leaving the Bay Area in the late afternoon or like us are packing procrastinators, then its nice to be able to leave at 2:30 pm and get somewhere in time for dinner. For travelers more familiar with the Lake Tahoe area, Angels Camp is sort of like driving from the Bay Area to Auburn (north of Sacramento) and staying the night, before driving up to Truckee and/or Incline Village.

Amenities
Small outdoor pool that may be nice in the summer. Coin-op washer and dryer. Free WiFi internet. The Wifi worked in the bathroom! Free muffin delivery to your room in the morning between 7 am - 9 am.

Local restaurants
Mike's Pizza is well regarded although we did not eat there. We had a great family dinner at Rodz Grille which is on the South part of the town just two traffic lights away from the motel, between the Chevron station and the Kragen Auto Parts on the right side of the street traveling southbound.

Staff
Very friendly and wanting to be helpful, but the staff member that helped us was not that familiar with the town's restaurants herself. But after asking some other people, she gave us a good recommendation that resulted in a good family meal at Rodz Grill.

Pet Peeves
- only 2 bath towels and 2 face towels in the room. Have to go down to office to get more.
- TV remote control did not work
- cheap coffee cups
- no free shampoo and bath gel, just cheap motel soap. We brought our own from previous stays at Hyatt and Le Meridien.
- beds were a bit too soft for our tastes but not atypical

I would stay here again! We booked direct on their website and they had an internet special as well as offered us a discounted corporate rate.

• Liked — Clean and quiet for the price
  • Disliked — TV remote didn't work
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2007

Our family of two adults and one child stayed here in late June. When we arrived we got a nice standard room but it was next to a big group of people who camped outside the room to party and smoke cigarettes. We conveyed our concerns to management who kindly upgraded us to another room in a quieter section of the motel with no extra charge. I was very happy with the room change and responsiveness of management.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Travelodge Angels Camp? Share your experiences!