“HOrrible "management"” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Anderson Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Anderson Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Anderson Inn
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   2688 Gateway Drive, 2688 Gateway DR, Anderson, CA 96007   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Anderson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Susanville, California
“HOrrible "management"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The so called manager who seemed more like an 18yr old chick with no education warned my family that we were getting complaints on either side of our room that our son was "laughing too loud". My son is a good kid. We dont let him run wild, his dad tickled him and he laughed and the people on either side of us who had dogs barking were complaining?? When we said well we apologize but what about the dogs barking on either side and this "manager" said if we didnt ike it we could check out. SERIOUSLY?! Then she refused to refund my money saying we caused immense amount of problems. My fiance is ex military and I work for a govt. agency. I have never been treated so poorly for no reason.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Turlock, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed one night while in town. The room was very clean and tidy. The room(s) appeared to have been updated recently and everything was nice. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful upon my late arrival. During my visit to Anderson, the weather was exceptionally hot and I was grateful to be able to return to my room at the hotel and enoy the air conditioning!

I will definately stay here again on my next visit to Anderson.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Anderson, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

After Our fire loss, my 13 member family stayed at this hotel. We reported everything wrong with the rooms as the problems came up. After we checked out (1 week stay) the hotel mamanger charged us 250 dollars for a cabinet we already reported broken to house keeping. At the time of check in, the staff assured us there will not be any charged without authorization. They didnt even call me to let me know that there were charging 250 dollars! The mamager refused to refund the amount, even though we had proof of telling house keeping as soon as we knew it was broken. AND they did this after my family's house burnt down. Do not recomend to anyone.

Fortuna, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My family had a mimi reunion and had 4 rooms for a two day stay. We were all impressed by the rooms. They were clean and nicely furnished. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was better than a lot that I have had. The breakfast room is a little small and can get crowded, but there are nice little tables in the hotel rooms so we ate there. The location is great with lots close by. We will definatly stay here again and will reccomend to friends.

Philomath, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

LOVED staying here. The staff was so nice and the rooms were spacious and CLEAN! Breakfast was fantastic. Would definitely recommend staying here!

Napa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Don't let the newly renovated rooms fool you, this place is disgusting! We booked a room with two queen beds, was a little worried when we pulled up as this is not the kind of place we normally stay at, but booked it on recommendations of a family member who lives in the area. Walked in our room and was pleasantly surprised, the room was very nice. Took the kids down to the pool which would have been okay if there wasn't empty beer bottles all over the place, nevertheless the kids had a good time playing. When it was time for bed I pulled down the sheets on one of the beds and noticed something on the inside of the top sheet, upon further inspection I realized it was dried SNOT! I then notice little black BUGS crawling around all over the sheets! I yell at my daughter who had already got under the sheets in the other bed to get up and when she does I see BUGS crawling around on that bed as well AND when it couldn't get any more DISGUSTING....it does!!! Not only was there BUGS in the other bed as well, but there was dried BLOOD too!!! So, I have SNOT and BED BUGS in one bed and BLOOD and BED BUGS in the other bed!!! Needless to say I was beyond disgusted and beyond furious! When I called down to the front desk to speak with the sorry excuse for a manager she didn't seemed surprised by the things I was telling her, as if this was something she hears all the time. She offered to come change the sheets, when I not so politely declined her feeble attempt to rectify the matter she then offered to call Motel 6 to see if they had a room for us....are you kidding me!!! Honestly, at that moment there was nothing she could have done to make it right but her nonchalant attitude and her "offers" were offensive and only making the situation worse. When I told her I wanted a refund, I was told she could not give me a refund because I booked through an online travel website and would need to contact the website for reimbursement. After contacting the online travel website I was given a full refund but it took almost 2 weeks, but the entire ordeal was disgusting and traumatizing.

UK - South West
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We only spent one night at the Best Western Anderson Inn. Unfortunately, we checked in very late in the evening and were allocated a room which suffered from a very strong cleaning / chemical smell. It was late and we were so tired that we did not go through the trouble of asking for a different room... The room was very very hot - if you stay there, I would recommend avoiding the room straight above reception! Not sure if other rooms are better, but this one was particularly warm and the air con very noisy...

Breakfast was absolutely great though - plenty of choice, good fresh produces and coffee was excellent. Very friendly staff too at the check out desk....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Anderson Inn? Share your experiences!