“COCKROACHES! AVOID THIS PLACE!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Anaheim

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Anaheim to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Anaheim
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   727 South Beach Boulevard, Anaheim, CA 92804 (Formerly Magnuson Hotel Anaheim)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #53 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Napa, California
“COCKROACHES! AVOID THIS PLACE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Aug 7-11 to celebrate my son's 21st b-day. Rooms 302 & 308. I ws so embarrassed coz I booked the place for my sis. Their whole room smelled like Urine. They left for Ayres. Our room need carpets to be replaced. Several old stain. Room had 2 queens. My main complain when we got back in our room, Ryan front desk, came to drop something off. A cockroach was half flying in my room by the bathroom. He said he was gonna talk to manager in AM. We couldn't find another hotel because they were all booked. The next day, we caught 5 other cockroaches. I showed to Francisco another acting manager, and he and May says it's water bugs. They are one inch big and would you like to find that crawling between the sheets? They are cockroaches, not water bugs!! They assured me I would get a discount but May and Francisco only gave me a $10 discount out of $410 dollars.. These people will lie to you and take your money. It's not worth the stress!! Avoid this place! I don't know who's writing these reviews, but you're better off somewhere else. 3 Other people were complaining about the smell of urine on the second floor.

Room Tip: Avoid this place! It's very unclean. I can't imagine where they store their food for the bre...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Overall, a decent inn at a good price. Staff was friendly and helpful, making us feel wanted. The beds were comfy and clean. The carpet could have been cleaner. Our white socks became quite dirty from the carpet, plus we discovered many baby roaches in the room. (Between 6 & 12.) At least they were babies, so it was a recent problem! The hotel upgraded us to a different/larger room the next night and we had no problems there. Being from out of state, I watched the TV with nervousness as criminals caused problems on streets in LA, after Zimmerman/Martin verdict. Nothing materialized around the hotel and I never even heard a siren, so the neighborhood must be good. It's conveniently located close to Knotts, between Knotts and the beach. It was a 15-20 min. drive straight down Beach Blvd. to the beach. The complimentary breakfast was a real time-saver and the quality wasn't bad. When I discovered that I left a nice pair of shoes behind, the hotel told me how I could arrange to ship them home. It became a real hassle for me, who knows nothing and have little experience shipping items. They did exactly what they said they would do for me though. I wish they could have given more "service" in that situation, then bill my CC a fee, but they did fulfill their promise. I would certainly stay here again, only next time I'd pack my belongings more carefully.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was traveling with a very small infant and requested an early check-in, not only did the receptionist refuse, she proceeded to tell me why such a request was impossible. Early check-in is obviously not a requirement, but as a courtesy many hotels will at least check to see if rooms are clean and available. She refused to even check for me. Also, the following day the water was disconnected for 6 hours and was not turned on when they said it would be. I needed to wash and prepare bottles for my son, and was extremely disappointed to find this out after I specifically chose this hotel over another because I have had good experiences with Baymont in the past. As with anything else great customer service goes a long way and just wasn't there with some of the staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Oroville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We visited this hotel purely by an accident of booking - looking for a place near Huntington Beach - and were pleasantly surprised by our luck. The front office staff was wonderful all through out the stay - from our middle of the night arrival to helping and advising us when Hotwire's incompetence caused a problem with our reservations. We stayed in a regular room and then moved to a family suite. Both were just right - with microwave, refrig, coffee. Clean and comfortable and kids loved having own bathroom and bedroom in the suite.
We used the Jacuzzi and pool - both just the right temperature and not crowded. Pool towels were available at the pool. Service staff were nice and helpful.
One of the best services was the full breakfast - hot and cold high quality items - eggs sausage, B&G, name brand cereals and yoghurt, waffles etc etc. This really adds to the value when you are traveling with a family.
The location was not as near the beach as we thought, but it is a great location anyway - a 20 min drive to multiple beaches, close to 405 and 22 freeways - great for theme parks.
I will be staying in the future - even when visiting San Diego - it would be worth the drive.
We had stayed at the Hilton in Carlsbad the few nights prior - which had essentially the same rooms, no breakfast - not even coffee in the lobby!, a smaller refrigerator. So for the price we got a great value at this Baymont - I liked it better at half the price.
The Wi-Fi was a bit confusing - they have multiple or something?? but we eventually were able to use it.
I had a minor disability when visiting there - and they were helpful with this also.
We liked it so much we stayed an extra night.
Finally - we had read some of the reviews (possibly on Hotwire??) that were not so good - so again a great surprise.

Room Tip: I think the family suites are a good idea - having the 2 bathrooms really helped and hat costs less...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Anaheim? Share your experiences!