We just returned from a quick trip to Anaheim, where we stayed at the Baymont Inn & Suites. We read a lot of reviews before going, and honestly, I was a bit nervous...but the price is unbeatable so we decided to give it a try.
Overall, we had a good experience at Baymont. Our room was nicely decorated and definitely clean. There were a couple of holes in the carpet that appeared to be the result of them trying to remove stains, but that really didn't bother us. It was at the back of the hotel and was very quiet. Although we could hear some movement upstairs, by the time we were ready to go to sleep, it had stopped and it really didn't bother us. Check in was quick and easy, and the front desk attendant was pleasant. When we got to our room we requested additional pillows. They came up with the pillows so quickly it actually startled me when they knocked on the door. They have flat screen TV's (it is honestly a pet peeve of mine when hotels have not updated to flat screens - I know, that sounds stupid, but I can't help it) and a nice selection of channels, including HBO. They don't offer on-demand, but we weren't in our room all that often, so it didn't bother us. The breakfast buffet was fine - not the greatest food, but it's free. They offered do it yourself waffles, eggs (not good), VERY thin bacon, cereals, fruit, fruit juices, biscuits and gravy (not good), bagels, etc. The hot food wasn't very good, but there were other options, so no big deal. Check out was quick and easy,
Some of the things we didn't like about the property: The neighborhood, as others have mentioned, is definitely not the best. However, once we were inside the hotel complex, we felt fine. The pool was closed while we were there. I have noticed several comments about this, so it seems to be a recurring issue at the hotel. They also had a sign up that their treadmill was out of order - although we weren't planning to use it, it bugged us that the amenities they advertised weren't really available. We did notice a smell in the interior halls - my husband thought it was because they had closed off the air conditioning vents in them and so there isn't much air movement. The smell did not follow into the room, so again, we weren't too bothered by it. The beds, although pillow top, are UBER firm. We don't love firm beds, so this was a bit a detractor for us. I am INSANE about possible bed bug infestations, and after having read a couple of comments about them at the hotel, I was very nervous. We thoroughly checked the bed, wall, mattress, pad, etc. before unpacking. There were no issues, and the mattress was INCREDIBLY clean - which made me feel much better.
If you are wanting to go to Disneyland, it is definitely a bit of a drive from the hotel. It is, however, very close to Knott's Berry Farm.
I would definitely stay here again in a pinch - I liked it well enough to go back. My only reservation, really, is the distance and convenience with Disneyland. Bottom line, with kids it is better to be closer to the park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Baymont Inn and Suites ~ Anaheim is a 94-room hotel conveniently located just a few miles away from Disneyland® Resort, less then one mile from Knott’s Berry Farm and Buena Park Raceway. The hotel offers an outdoor pool and spa, complimentary breakfast, complimentary parking, business center and wireless Internet. located, in the heart of Anaheim and Buena Park in Orange County and just 25 miles south of Los Angeles. The Baymont Inn and Suites ~ Anaheim is 5 miles east to Anaheim Convention Center and half a mile from Pirate's Dinner Theater, Soak City Waterpark & Medieval Times, just north one block of The White House and Adventure City. You won't run out of things to do staying at the Baymont Inn & Suites ~ Anaheim with many fine restaurants, shops and entertainment, are within minutes to Angel Stadium, Honda Center, Grove Theater, Crystal Cathedral, and just minutes from California Coast Lines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Anaheim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn And Suites Anaheim
- Baymont Inn & Suites Anaheim Hotel Anaheim
- Holiday Inn Express Anaheim
- Holiday Inn Anaheim
- Anaheim Holiday Inn