“Ramada inn on katella” 3 of 5 stars

1331 East Katella, Anaheim, CA 92805   |
Ranked #96 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
“Ramada inn on katella”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2004

we stayed at the ramada inn from Oct 17th-22nd.
We got to the hotel at 10:30 am after our long drive and I was hoping they would let us check in early. There weren't any rooms avail at 10:30 am but there was one at 11:30 am after we had breakfast. So I was really pleased. check in was a breeze. We used a travel company so everything was already paid for and ready to go. The rooms were average in size. The beds were queens(2). and the bathroom was cool. I didn't notice any pest(ant's etc). however my only complaint was no cable tv. But I admit that was my own fault because I assumed this ramada had cable since the other ramada's i've stayed in had cable. Cable would'nt even have been an issue but since there was a storm for two days of my stay it really could have come in handy. They provided a free shuttle to disneyland every hour. And they had an onsite resturant. We ate at this facility once. The food was good but they had ants and insects crawling on the floor. So we didnt go back. But the children eat free if your a ramamda guest. Thier pool was small although i dont know if it was heated, it was way to cold to swim during my stay. They also have a video game room wich my two boys 8 liked even though it wasn't a huge arcade it served it's purpose. Room service was okay except twice they opened the door before we could say " hey were still in here". We ordered a microwave and a fridge for 5 bucks a piece a night. And they both worked well. Overall i'd say for the money I spent this was a great place to stay with plenty of room for my family of 5. Ohh and the front desk has internet access for 2 dollars gives you 15mins. And the fish tank was nice for the kids as well. feel free to email any questions.

Families
Couples
Solo
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2004

We stayed at this Ramada the second week of April and had a great!!
time. The grounds and pool were very well kept and the staff were very courteous and helpful. Free hourly shuttle service to Disneyland was a big plus. The onsite restaurant was excellent. Great food, great prices and even a 10% discount for guests. I would definitely reccommend this accomodation.

San Diego , CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2003

Will we get this hotel thru this Website and we went there and we were ok with the room and the hotel in general but they only have this Indian restaurant and we ate there and then we had food poison The pool is so dirty one night I wan looking out side the window and to my surprise I found two people making love in it yackkkkkkkkkk And the parking lot is bad very bad if you come after 9:00 pm there is no chance of finding parking spot so u have to really pray to God for parking spot The housekeeping was ok they were coming every day and cleaning and giving us new towels The carpet is another story it is dirty and we had to put the comforter in the floor so we do not get some thing from it when we even do not take our shoes off until we go to sleep but just in case if the kids went with out shoes from bed to bed The good advantages about this hotel that is close to Disney land .

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2003

We much enjoyed our stay here. Staff were extremely friendly, management came out to say hello etc. The full service restaurant provides incredible prices and very good food/large servings. Kids enjoyed the large pool and coin-op games while we liked the size and layout of the hotel property. Too far to walk from Disney, but the shuttle was clean, new and very regular - even the driver was incredible. All in all, excellent value for the money BTW - granite counter tops in the rooms!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2003

I had booked this hotel BEFORE I read the terrible reviews it had gotten and was quite worried about the choice I had made. I was expecting the worst, and when we arrived everything went great from check in to check out. The rooms were clean and spacious. There was no noises to keep us awake and the staff was great. The hotel offers a free shuttle to and from Disneyland, and that was a nice touch. I plan to stay there again on my next visit.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2003

When my mom booked the hotel room she asked for a room near the lobby.... we were placed about as far away as you can get from the lobby! We asked 3 times to be moved finally my mom thretened the Better Business Burrow and they moved us..... into a room that smelt like pot had carpet stain of God knows what ANNNNNNNND bed stains... if you know where i'm going! the employees were rude the room sucked and the pool was dirty! Never Again!!! Best western, Sheraton and Jolly Roger are much better!!!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2003

We actually booked through Walt Disney Travel as a "Good Neighbor Hotel". First impression of the place was alright, I can understand the lobby was under reconstruction and the place looked like a Motel. Fine. Our room reeked of something like sweat and cat urine; we took off our shoes and discovered the carpet feel like dry goo. Our feet were--PITCH BLACK-- and so we decided to lay the sheets on the floor for our protection. Secondly this was a surprise because the room looked brand new, and the bathroom smelled like new paint & stuff (which was fine). But in the morning we found out the shower floods the bathroom if you don't keep the spray low. It was like the Mississippi River in there! We came back from Disneyland later the next day to find that our bathroom shower curtain was torn down and left on the floor for us to put up. Why they did that I have NOOO clue. Had the beds not been made up everyday, we would never have known housekeeping was there. We NEVER had new towels even despite calls to the front desk every day, I considered going to Target to buy a new set for the stay! And then came the BRATS from upstairs. Ok, I have a 3 & 5 yr old. We're not going to be the quietest in the world, but at least we try to be peaceful. On July 3rd, we awoke to stomping and LOUDDDD horseplay from the rudeness of the new upstairs tenants around 1am. I swear there must have been 5 kids to that dinky room. We called management, and were told they'd take care of it, blah blah blah. We called the front desk so many times we thought we'd have to call the police to enforce the city's noise ordinance. We went through three nights of this. And then when we got back on our 4th night from San Diego around midnight, we found out all our keycards had been deactivated. I went up to the front desk and was told because they weren't sure we were staying the whole time, they automatically did this after the 3rd night. Hello! We PREPAID for this dump! And I had to go back yet again because the first time Travel 2x's to express our concern over the $125/nt (!!!!!) stay, and were told they'd have to do an investigation and get back to us. Nobody did. We wrote WDT a letter, nobody responded still. Your best bet would be anything without RAMADA in the name.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
#1 of 115 in Anaheim
4.5 of 5 stars 1,453 reviews
TownePlace Suites Anaheim
TownePlace Suites Anaheim
#46 of 115 in Anaheim
4.0 of 5 stars 318 reviews
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim (1 BLK/Disneyland)
Hotel Indigo Anaheim
Disneyland Hotel
#9 of 115 in Anaheim
4.5 of 5 stars 1,768 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange

Been to The Katella Palms Hotel at Disneyland Resort? Share your experiences!