I reserved 3 nights at this location and got room 310, a HUGE dbl. queen room. After a very thorough search I found it to be very clean and most important absolutely bug free. Check-in/out was very fast and friendly.
They have a free continental breakfast of the usual doughnuts and cereal, milk, juice and coffee. Everything was fresh. Room had the regular toiletries as well as a safe, hair dryer, fridge, desk and table. They were cleaned and restocked daily. The beds were soft and fairly comfortable. Linen was clean and newer. It was a quiet stay on the 3rd floor. This location does have an elevator that is very clean, fast and smell free. They also have a pool that was under refurb during my visit.
The parking is tight but we never had issues finding a spot. The lot is a little under lit, however I felt safe. The outlying area seemed rough but I never had intentions on walking anywhere. Speaking of which, Disneyland is about a 10 minute drive and for sure NOT walkable with small children.
They do have "resort fees" and a higher tax than other places in the area. I've stayed at another Choice Hotel very close with the same amenities and no resort fee, so do your homework. This particular spot was cheaper even with the fees. My charges were as quoted from Choice.com but was told at check in they'd hold just $20 on my card and it'd be released Wed. I find out upon home arrival that it's actually $103.72 until Friday. $60 in overdrafts, a very rude Econo desk clerk, 3hours of I can't tell you the name of a manager or supervisor AND a useless Choice customer service clerk later I'm not the happy "see you next time" customer I left as. It actually took game playing on my end to trick them into giving me the info I need to get the issue resolved and contacting the apologetic staff at Quality Inn (the sister hotel) to try and fix my issues. The accountant there was able to contact my bank and release the hold prior to Friday. A BIG HEADACHE. I almost gave the staff an A+ for customer service but after all this I'm thinking a D-
In short I'm not sure how I feel about this location. I enjoyed my stay but enjoy my money more... IF I return I think I will deal only with cash deposit and payment... IF I return.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Maingate Hotel Anaheim
- Econo Lodge Maingate Hotel
- Anaheim Econo Lodge
- Econo Lodge Anaheim
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Econo Lodge offers great accommodations for Disneyland hotels including Disneyland vacation packages for families who are seeking a reasonably priced hotel which includes daily breakfast in their Disneyland packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Olotels, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Econo Lodge Maingate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.