We stayed one night at the hotel for a family trip to Disneyland and California Adventures.
We arrived a little after 9am but unfortunately they could not check us in until the regular check in time (3pm) but gave us a parking pass to keep our car their for the day while we visited the parks. We also prearranged for a scooter from Apple for my dad which was only $30 per day, (compared to $50 at the park or $40 from the place next to the hotel) which was waiting for us when we arrived. This is another great feature of the hotel that they allow companies to drop off and pick up from their location without the guest being there at the time. .
At check in time, we got to our room (we picked a superior room) and found it to be clean and well appointed. Although my 5 year old screamed because she found a baby spider in the bed, I think it was just a one-off because I did not notice any other signs of infestation.
The beds felt comfortable when we went to sleep but my husband and I both complained of back aches in the morning,but that might also have something to do with hoofing it though disney parks all day pushing children in strollers.
I found the breakfast area to be a little congested in the morning, I thought the coffee tasted horrible but the fruits and cereals were enough to fill the kids up for a day at the park.
There have been some complaints about the noise do to some of the renovations at the hotel but I can't say that was really an issue for us. We did hear the family next door but that seemed to be because the kids were screeching rather than just regular noise ( conversations/ the tv).
It is an open concept hotel where the hotel room doors open to the outside, We could hear every time a family walked by,luggage being rolled or maintenance cart being pushed because the concrete makes everything echo. I think if they got some outdoor carpet, it would help with noise reduction.
The staff were friendly and efficient. We would stay here again and plan on doing so in Aug. with family that is visiting us from Canada.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within Walking Distance of Disneyland. If you are searching for an accommodation near Disneyland, the Ramada Maingate At the Park is a great option. At the Ramada Maingate at the Park you're in the heart of all the fun and excitement of the Disneyland(R) Resort. The accommodation is located across the street from Disneyland, so there is no need to take a shuttle. Your family's choice for an Accommodation near Disneyland. Staying here is convenient and enjoyable for all families seeking an accommodation near Disneyland. We have made many changes that are not seen in most other Ramada locations, specifically designed to benefit parents and children. For example, we offer a poolside complimentary breakfast. There is no more perfect combination; this allows parents to eat their breakfast while children play in the pool. Rollaway beds and cribs are provided with no extra charges or limitations. Rooms feature comfortable beds designed for quality sleep. There are fridges and microwaves in each room, so you can keep snacks in the room. There is also free complimentary WiFi for visitors to enjoy surfing the web. Unwind in a room that includes all comfort. Self parking and valet parking is available for a nominal fee. After you've hit all the sites and snapped all of those magical photos, you'll find a stay at the Ramada Maingate at the Park is just what you need to unwind. With rooms as inviting as our service, we are waiting to make you feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Wyndham, BookIt.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Ramada Anaheim Maingate/At the Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Maingate - At The Park Hotel Anaheim
- Ramada Inn Anaheim
- Disneyland Park Anaheim
- Ramada Anaheim
- Ramada Inn Maingate Disneyland