“My Review” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
ROSAMOND
“My Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Pro: The prices were quite reasonable compared to the other Hotels in the area. It is convenient to Disneyland and there are many resturants to choose from. Con: It was noticed that it was quite noisy due to the people passing by while returning to the hotel from the park. The windows did not appear to suppress the noise and maybe replaceing them with double paned windows would help. It got cold during our stay and we had to climb a chair to adjust the temperature on the air & heat conditioner. This made it quite ackward in the middle of the night. It would be safer & easier if a better accessible wall thermostat was installed. It really needs to be updated.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Katie H, Management Representative at Ramada Anaheim Maingate/At the Park, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
We appreciate that you decided to share about your recent stay at our hotel. It’s great to know that you found the price and proximity to Disneyland to be enjoyable aspects of your stay :) Thank you for your suggestions regarding the heater – We always appreciate feedback as to how we may better accommodate our current and future guests to the best of our ability. Please know that the majority of guest rooms are equipped with remote controls for the heaters, and we are sorry if this wasn’t the case with your rooms. We hope to have the opportunity to have you are our guest again soon :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Polish first
delta bc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Great location 5 mn walk to the park gates. Good value if u take the breakfast into account, but no breakfast room , they are using the pool cabana and in December its a little chilly to eat by the pool, we took our tray from the room and went back with our food.
However the rooms are dated and the bathrooms are in serious need of an upgrade.
On the plus side flat screen tv, large fridge and microwave in the room. We stayed 3 nights and were only in the rooms to sleep.
Lots of parking, the pool and hot tub area have been updated and they are quite nice.
Would wait until renos are done to book here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
VALLEY SPRINGS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Once again Ozzy, Marshall and the rest of the Ramada Maingate Staff exceeded our expectations. Staff is always friendly and accommodating. Even with the renovations/upgrades that were going on during our stay, construction did not take place until after we left for Disneyland for the day. Will defiantly be back! Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights whilst we went to Disneyland. The Hotel is in a good location about 5 Mins walk into Disneyland.
The Hotel itself is very tired and looks like it has not had any work done since the seventies.
The bed wasnt comfortable and the shower and vanity taps were very old and not in good working order.
The WiFi was almost in-operable and very slow.
The Continental breakfast is provided in a little room near the pool with no seating area apart from pool furniture. The food provided was Ok.
The parking was good with plenty of room.
This hotel needs a revamp very soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re thrilled to announce that all but a few of our guest rooms have been recently renovated, with more plans for improvement in the near future, including a new building, guest rooms, front desk, and more spacious breakfast room! In addition we will be replacing hand rails as well as giving the entire property a new exterior color scheme. Please visit ramadamaingate.com for renderings and updates on this project. We are continually striving for new ways to further enhance the property for the enjoyment of our guests. We’re sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues with the Wi-Fi during your stay. This is not usually the case, and I do hope you reported these issues to the Front Desk, as we are often able to assist our guests with connectivity issues should they arise. We have also upgraded quite recently to allow for higher speed and increased bandwidth. We’d love the opportunity to serve you as our guest again on your next visit to the Anaheim resort area!
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed there again. Room rates are the best value across from the entrance to Disneyland.
Staff continues to be very good. Free parking is good. You can check in early, go to the park and come back later when your room is ready. The rooms are nice and clean. Beds are comfortable. Free basic breakfast with pastries, cereal, eggs, toast, orange juice, coffee, milk, tea. Until they get the new breakfast room built, remember to bring the tray from your room to bring back breakfast to your room. They have new pool and hot tub.
It is just a 5 min walk to DL and CA entrances. Easy to walk back to the hotel during the day if someone needs a nap or you want to bring the kids back to the pool mid day and get them out of the heat.
Look for their specials on rooms.

San Jose
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have an annual pass to Disneyland so I've gone quite often this past year. My first few experiences at Ramada have been great so I continued to book there each time I visit Disneyland. The rooms are fairly standard, the hotel management have generally been very nice, and the parking is better than other hotels in the area. To be fair, I've loved staying here each time due to the convenience, but now I may have to look for other hotels in the area due to the latest incident.

This last time I visited, I was not a happy camper. I was assigned a room on the 3rd floor in the back complex. I was aware that there would be renovations going on in the back complex during my visit, but to start the noise a little before 6 am that day was quite annoying. Later that morning, I went to reception and informed them of noise and asked to be moved to another room preferably at the front and on the 1st floor, but because they were sold out, I couldn't move which I was understanding of and accepted.

However when I went home to nap by toddler after the few hours at Disneyland passing all the furniture out along the hallway leading to my room, the noise continued, this time in the room next to mine with banging on the actual wall connected to where my baby and I were trying to nap. This I found unacceptable. If they knew they were going to do some serious hammering, perhaps, not book anyone into the room next to that room would have made more sense. I contacted the front desk to kindly inform them of the noise but this time the person who answered was not as pleasant. She noted that it was in my reservation notes that I was made aware by management of the renovations going on. Yes, I understand I was aware, but it is unfair for them to believe that because they inform us, that we as guests should tolerate any noise no matter the magnitude. The constant hammering ruined my nap and afternoon.

I have always stayed in the 2 story buildings on either floors, so my next annoyance was partly my unawareness of the thin ceiling and walls being in a 4-story building. Shortly after 10 pm, I received a knock on the door. The upset neighbor directly below wanted us to go to sleep because they complained they could hear us "stomping" back and forth. So I felt I was walking on thin egg shells trying to be courteous to the neighbors below us. This trip around was not as pleasant as in the past. Perhaps after renovations, I may come back, but for now, I may have to check other hotels in area. To be fair to Ramada, I would say they have generally been great, perhaps, it's just the renovations/expansion and being overbooked that made this an unpleasant experience for me. Time will tell!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. I’m very sorry that our front desk associates did not live up to our customarily superior standard of outstanding customer service. All staff members take immense pride in our ability to help guests feel comfortable and welcome, and I apologize this was not your experience. Please rest assured that our entire front desk staff is being re-trained to ensure that this does not occur again. Please know that your experience is out of the ordinary. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to show you that we value your patronage, and we would love to have you as our guest again on your next vacation! Please contact hotel management directly, and we’ll be sure that you are well taken care of!