We were very, very disappointed with our stay at Ramada Maingate. We booked in May. For two x queen bed premium rooms. We had the email confirmation with us. We were given two x double bed standard rooms. The Ramada said this was ok as were charged less than what we were quoted in the email in May. If we had known what we requested and received written confirmation for wasn't available, we would have gone elsewhere.
We booked one room for 5 nights and one room for 6 nights. The extra night for one room was missed in the original booking, missed and pointed out at check in and still missed so we rang the night before to confirm. And the staff knew NOTHING about it. One muck up? Two? BUT three?????
The rooms all front the car park. And have a concrete path along the front of them. We were unlucky enough to have an elevator and an ice machine straight outside our room. Both were very noisy. Listening to people walk past your room at all hours of the day and night, and talk loudly whilst waiting for the elevator, was awful. No part of trying to resettle children at 3am because the loud people returning to their rooms woke them is ok. Insulation is DESPERATELY needed for the rooms.
The in room aircon was loud enough to be used as a sound effect in a movie. Absolutely DREADFUL.
The rooms were small, dark, without a central room light and despite the 'reduced' rate because we didn't get what we had booked, we were disgusted.
We all agreed the included 'breakfast' was inedible. After shuffling through the cupboard sized 'breakfast room' for doughnuts, unripe fruit, sugar cereal and toast that the toaster wouldn't brown after 3 attempts, we gave up and left.
There are only two washers and two dryers for over 180 units. If you plan to use the laundry, plan to wait a long time for your turn.
All of the above is before the current construction of a new building/s. Which means there are trucks and machinery and the corresponding reversing alarms going through and in constantly between 8am and 5pm.
All in all, a bad experience on so many levels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within Walking Distance of Disneyland. If you are searching for an accommodation near Disneyland, the Ramada Maingate At the Park is a great option. At the Ramada Maingate at the Park you're in the heart of all the fun and excitement of the Disneyland(R) Resort. The accommodation is located across the street from Disneyland, so there is no need to take a shuttle. Your family's choice for an Accommodation near Disneyland. Staying here is convenient and enjoyable for all families seeking an accommodation near Disneyland. We have made many changes that are not seen in most other Ramada locations, specifically designed to benefit parents and children. For example, we offer a poolside complimentary breakfast. There is no more perfect combination; this allows parents to eat their breakfast while children play in the pool. Rollaway beds and cribs are provided with no extra charges or limitations. Rooms feature comfortable beds designed for quality sleep. There are fridges and microwaves in each room, so you can keep snacks in the room. There is also free complimentary WiFi for visitors to enjoy surfing the web. Unwind in a room that includes all comfort. Self parking and valet parking is available for a nominal fee. After you've hit all the sites and snapped all of those magical photos, you'll find a stay at the Ramada Maingate at the Park is just what you need to unwind. With rooms as inviting as our service, we are waiting to make you feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Ramada Anaheim Maingate/At the Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Maingate - At The Park Hotel Anaheim
- Ramada Inn Anaheim
- Disneyland Park Anaheim
- Ramada Anaheim
- Ramada Inn Maingate Disneyland