I booked this hotel with a recommendation from a friend and after reviewing the website saw the pictures and could see that it looked ok - it wasn't a 5 star resort, but for the amount of time that we would be in our room it would do. We ended up taking an 'upgrade' to a 'suite' and what we got was probably worse than if we had just stuck with the 2 queen beds - it was basically the same size as a regular room but with a wall dividing the two beds. My sister also took this 'upgrade' and her experience was just as bad as ours - but she had ants in hers. The carpets are disgusting, the bedding feels dirty, the room smelled like a musty old folks home, our faucets in the shower constantly dripped and after trying to tighten them as much as I could the entire tap screwed right off and then the water constantly ran. We had a crib in our room, which didn't come with any bedding, we basically had to put a towel down underneath our son.There is a free continental breakfast, which consisted of donuts, toast, cereal, apples and oranges, and biscuits and gravy. It would have been nice to see more 'healthy' food, and not just rely on fruit.
We saw that they were renovating some of their rooms but I think we were in the block of rooms that hadn't been touched in a very long time. I feel like with taking the upgrade we lost out on getting a half decent room. When we wrote our review directly to the Ramada they came back with a response of 'the next time you come and stay we will ensure you are in one of our renovated rooms'. I'm sorry, but we won't EVER be back to stay at that hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within Walking Distance of Disneyland. If you are searching for an accommodation near Disneyland, the Ramada Maingate At the Park is a great option. At the Ramada Maingate at the Park you’re in the heart of all the fun and excitement of the Disneyland® Resort. The accommodation is located across the street from Disneyland, so there is no need to take a shuttle. Your family’s choice for an Accommodation near Disneyland. Staying here is convenient and enjoyable for all families seeking an accommodation near Disneyland. We have made many changes that are not seen in most other Ramada locations, specifically designed to benefit parents and children. For example, we offer a poolside complimentary breakfast. There is no more perfect combination; this allows parents to eat their breakfast while children play in the pool. Rollaway beds and cribs are provided with no extra charges or limitations. Rooms feature comfortable beds designed for quality sleep. There are fridges and microwaves in each room, so you can keep snacks in the room. There is also free complimentary WiFi for visitors to enjoy surfing the web. Unwind in a room that includes all comfort. After you’ve hit all the sites and snapped all of those magical photos, you’ll find a stay at the Ramada Maingate at the Park is just what you need to unwind. With rooms as inviting as our service, we are waiting to make you feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Ramada Anaheim Maingate/At the Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Maingate - At The Park Hotel Anaheim
- Ramada Inn Anaheim
- Disneyland Park Anaheim
- Ramada Anaheim
- Ramada Inn Maingate Disneyland