“Don't even !” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Anaheim West

You added Ramada Anaheim West to your Saves list
Ramada Anaheim West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 S Beach Blvd, Beach Blvd & Ball Rd, Anaheim, CA 92804   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #96 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Spruce Grove, Canada
“Don't even !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

December 26 to 30th.. Oh my God! For 70.00 plus tax. It was not what I thought it would be..Lets start the room smelled really bad. The coffee maker still had old coffee in it. The fold out couch well the springs went right though.That just the first part of it. The bathroom was very dirty. We showerd with socks on. My daughter found blood on the walls. My kids did not want to stay there but everything was booked. On kid she used her t-shirt on the pillow case and I slept on top the bed. We did not allow housekeeping in, did not want anything to be stolen. The loby was really dirty and dust everywhere seems they did not know what a mop was for. The housekeep staff did not used soap and water to clean the room. I don't thing they even own one. One person got a room get this they charged him 170 a night. and the room did not even have pillow cases. They are trying to paint do something ..omg.. it was not clean at all..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
chicago, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed here for a night - hotwired for $60/night (a friday). This is a great hotel option for someone looking for an Economy Disney Trip and you do not plan to be at the hotel often but just need a place to sleep.

We checked in late as our flight was delayed and the man that checked us in was very nice. There was another person in front of us but the man moved through check in very quick and was courteous. He answered all the questions I had about the park along with suggestions for times/fireworks, etc. We were so tired, i forgot to ask what kindof room we had and we walked into our room with 1 king bed. There were 3 of us but we were so tired, we managed fine.

The room was clean and had a fridge and microwave which would be nice if you are staying there for a few days. Nothing fancy or horrible about this room... just a standard motel room.

They have free breakfast in the morning with fresh fruit, the standard waffle maker thing, juices, breads and cereal. We grabbed some fruit for the road and were off to our next destination. Although our trip was quick, we had nothing bad to say about our stay. If you are thinking about staying here for a longer trip... some things to consider.

Free Breakfast is a plus and very proximal to the park. That road has so many hotel/motels. You will need to drive as it would be a far walk or you can use that bus but if you have more than 3-4 people in your group, better to drive as same price and no need to wait for bus. The pool looked very small so i wouldn't consider that a selling point however, if your kids are young and just need some water, it might be fine.

Overall would go again if i was looking for something again in that price point. We ended up staying Courtyard Marriot Sunday on our way back through LA which was much nicer as far as "stars" however more money.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ANAHEIM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Not impressed with the staff and less with the rooms offered. Staff was condescending, did as little as possible to accommodate a client. Unsure as why I was given sub-standard rooms. I felt attitude and service were based on how reservation was made and by appearance at time of check-in. My reservation was cancelled without my knowledge or consent due to running my debit card prior to my arrival/check-in. Charged $10.00 more per night when I made my reservation the charge had tax & fees included) I had never had this problem booking thru this web site before. When we arrived, there wasn't a TV in the room; we reported to the front desk immediately and they implied that we had taken the TV.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was surprised with this property. For what I paid I expected the bottom of the heap. The managers are clearly trying to make it stand apart from what you typically get in this price point. Our room had two queens and a sleeper sofa which was perfect for me and 4 teenagers. Overall, the room was reasonably clean and you can tell it had been recently upgraded. The TV was a nice flat screen and the bathroom had tile that looked newer. The shower head was a massaging type that actually rotated as the water came out. There was plenty of space on the vanity by the sink for all of our toiletries. The free Wifi connection was decent, we were all able to connect on both computers and cell phones.

We did take advantage of the breakfast, but it is minimal continental with waffles. You get muffins, danish, fruit, toast, bagels, waffles, juice (Sunny D-grape-apple), milk, coffee. That's it. My big disappointment with the breakfast was powdered creamer. I just really think that any time you are advertising "free breakfast" liquid creamer should be a minimum, no matter how much your room costs.

The biggest downfall to this property is the location, which is unfortunately out of their control. I was surprised to see a prostitute right outside the window when we were eating breakfast at 7am. I did some searching online and discovered this property lies on a stretch of Beach Blvd called the "Mile of Madness" because it's known for prostitution and drug activity. There was also a homeless man going through the hotel dumpsters while we were there. Even during the day, it was sketchy... lots of loitering and people going nowhere in particular. We weren't there much so it wasn't a huge problem but it does make me question whether I would go back.

It's too bad about the area because the managers of this hotel are really trying hard to make it nice. The front desk people were always friendly whenever I was in the lobby. If you are on a bare-bones budget, this is probably a decent option. But if you can afford to spend a bit more and get in a nicer area, then you probably should.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We just got back from a California Vacation booked through Southwest Vacations. This hotel was one of the cheaper hotels and I have to say next time we will be spending a little more money.

The hotel was cleaned everyday and I did not see any bugs coming out of the celiling :) The beds were very hard :( and they are a little noisy because the door does not shut all the way ( we had to put a chair in front of ours, so it didn't bounce:() The TV was a little fuzzy and pretty old. We didn't use the Microwave, but we did utilize the Fridge, which worked great. There was a blow dryer in the room, although I called and they said they did not have them in the rooms, so I brought my own, We did have an iron and a ironing board though.

The conitinental breakfast was not the best, but it held us over until we were out and about. The one complaint we had was the small breakfast area was not big enough for the church group that was there and other guests. I recommend that you check occupancy prior to going to the hotel :)

If you are going to Knotts Berry Farm, this is a great location, but if you are only doing the Disney Parks then I recommend you stay closer to Disneyland because it is about a 15 minute drive.

The hotel staff was so amazing and very helpful.

I hope this helps the families traveling to Cali :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Anaheim West? Share your experiences!