“NG room w Excellent location Stadium Amtrak Restaurants” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #51 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Encinitas, California
“NG room w Excellent location Stadium Amtrak Restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I did not like the room. The bed was the worst & most bumpy bed i've ever slept on. When I say bumpy I really mean bumpy. The run down kitchenette area seems like such a waste of space. I knew ahead of time that the room, furnishings etc..were old & dated from previous posts however o/a of its ideal location I had to stay here.
Although I disliked the room, I gave this hotel 4 stars because the front desk people were so so nice upon check-in & in the morning and because Angel stadium is a v short walk(8-9 min), as is Amtrak station (also 8-9min walk) as are restaurants & fast food joints (2-3min). All of that is worth a lot to me.

Room Tip: Try the "Catch restaurant" across the street. expensive but good food, fabulous bar &...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
JohnDAnaheim, Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for reviewing us on trip advisor. I am glad that our staff members were efficient and hospitable during your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and its proximity to the local venues. I am sorry you felt we are outdated and the furnishings are old. Some of our soft goods are still being used from before the renovation as not all items were replaced which maybe what you are describing but, we completed our Marriott 12 year renovation end of January. We are very excited about our update. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to wow you the next time you are in the Anaheim area and thank you again for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Convenient location for family trip to Disneyland. ART Shuttle system picks up guests in front of hotel every 30 minutes to take to the Disney parks (purchase shuttle tickets at front desk.) Hotel parking was easy and convenient. Free breakfast, includes cold cereals, muffins, whole fruit, oatmeal packets, boxes of raisins, yogurt, bagels/english muffins, and make-your-own waffles. Eating area is small, but guests cycled through quickly. Loved the 1-bedroom suite for our family of 5, where we could put the 6 year old and 4 year old on the sofa pull-out sleeper in the living room area, shut the door to our bedroom, and put our 8 month old baby in the pack n' play in the [sliding-door] closet. Mandatory to have separate, quiet and dark spaces to get kids to sleep versus sleeping everyone in one hotel room. Kids had a great time at the pool and hot tub as well. Would stay here again for our annual Disney trip.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JohnDAnaheim, Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Hello Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed our one bedroom suite and that you had an amazing time at Disneyland. We look forward to assisting you in the future during your annual family Disney vacation. Till next time.

TownePlace Suites
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was in Anaheim for one night to attend the Angel/Mariners game and chose to stay here based on the location. Upon checking in(earlier than the stated check in time), they did not have any rooms availible. I was willing to wait, as I could throw my luggage in the rental car and go grab some food in the mean time. The nice lady at the front desk told me she had anothe room that I would like and checked me in. It was a 2 BR suite. Very nice and spacious. Too bad I was only staying here for a night because this room had plenty of room for me to stretch my legs. The room was clean and comfy. Thanks for the upgrade!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
JohnDAnaheim, Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing us during your time frame in the Anaheim area. I am happy to hear that my staff went above and beyond to make sure that we could get you into a room as quickly as possible. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated two bedroom suite and we look forward to assisting you on a future stay with us.
SELMA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Wow! What a great hotel! The room was clean and quiet, and the beds were more comfortable than our beds at home! All those fluffy pillows! The decor was "modern", which is not exactly my taste, but the four of us had plenty of space in our suite, and I loved the kitchen! The continental breakfast was yummy, and Denny's is right next door. We traveled by Amtrak, the hotel was easily walkable from the station. Thanks for making our stay so relaxing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello Guest,

Thank you for rating us on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time here in Anaheim and we look forward to assisting you again on a future returning trip.
Austin, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I only booked one night here for our Disney trip to use up points but I wish I had booked our entire stay at TownPlace. It was great for our family of 5. I liked that our suite was spacious with two bedrooms and a sofa bed; it was clean and the kitchenette was well stocked with dishes and silverware. The Anaheim Resort Transit bus stops right in front of the hotel and a relatively quick ride to Disneyland. The only thing that I would suggest improvement on is the consistency of information the staff gives. I got conflicting information on prices for the ART bus fares and the Concierge told me over the phone I could get certain types of Disney tickets which when I inquired at the front desk was told they did not have. But other than that we had a great stay and would definitely return!

Room Tip: Two room suite is the best option for families
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JohnDAnaheim, Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Hello Guest,

Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you very much enjoyed your suite during your stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience in the communication with the Anaheim Resort Transit. I will follow up with the staff to make sure that issue is corrected. As of 4/7/14 it is $5.00 for an adult age 10+ and $2.00 for children ages 3-9. The shuttle will run for the duration of the Disneyland park operating hours and based on the season will run either twice an hour or once an hour. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next arrival.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Was given the wrong room...needed a handicapped room and was promised one...nope. Security lock outside was broken so anyone could come in the hotel at all hours....breakfast was not good either. Juice was out of order, waffles were "out of regular" barely any fruit. Not impressed with this hotel. Won't be coming back here. Staff was friendly but didn't offer to fix the whole handicapped room situation even though we stayed two nights.

• Stayed March 2014
JohnDAnaheim, Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you again for staying with us. After speaking with you prior to your departure in regards to this error with central reservations. We did follow up with our reservations manager at Marriott to make sure this type of incident doesn't happen again when a guest request is not applied to reservation. Thank you for bringing this to my attention when you checked out as I always like to make sure that guests are happy when they depart from the hotel. As we try and accommodate our guest the best we can by offering other solutions for things that fail which are out of our control. As we want all facets of the hotel experience to be exceptional. We appreciate your comments and concerns and all are being addressed and corrected. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you and your family that we are here to provide you with an excellent hospitable experience. We look forward to assisting you in your hotel accommodation in the future.
Fargo, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I was in Anaheim for business so I was not in need of a big resort hotel. This isn't a 5-star hotel nor are they trying to be. This was perfect for my needs. The rooms are updated, come with a full kitchen, and extremely clean. Housekeeping does a great job. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here in Anaheim. We look forward to your next arrival.

Been to TownePlace Suites Anaheim? Share your experiences!