“It Not Your Dads Marriott” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #54 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
Oakland, California
“It Not Your Dads Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great place for family with kids. 1 - 2 bedroom suite with kitchen, the property inside and outside is clean and well maintained. Good breakfast, free and fast WiFi to.
close to angel stadium, Disneyland is a 5min drive. Restaurants and *bucks across the parking lot. Not your dad Marriott but great for family that do not have marriott $$
Good place to stay at Towne Place Anaheim. Yes I Recommend

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I wanted to try a new Disney hotel option and we gave this place a try. Needless today we won't be back. The price was fantastic and now I know why! This hotel is just old, the ceilings are low it feels very budget if you know what I mean?! The front desk guy was super nice and helpful but that's the only plus here. The breakfast was really weird and really bad! They give you a slip of paper and have you pre- order and take it to your room. Not a fan of this and the muffins tasted like they came straight from Dow chemical.... Blah!! Thumbs down on this property!

• Stayed October 2012
CLI820, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your review of the hotel. These reviews definitely assist in improving upon and maintaining a high level of guest satisfaction for all our guests. We are happy to hear you were provided with friendly and helpful service and appreciate the acknowledgement of our staff member(s). Nevertheless, your comments will be examined more closely. Again, thank you and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was more than satisfied with my stay here. The rooms were clean and the full kitchen was nice. The staff was fabulous and helped us with anything possible. Good location close to Honda Center and Disneyland. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel once again and let me say that John, Lupe, Mike, Deborah and all of the staff were really exceptional. This goes for housekeeping and maintenance as well. They remember your name, anticipate your needs and go out of the way to assist you with everything. For this reason alone I'd stay here again.

The breakfast procedure has changed since I last visited. Now you fill out a form in the evening and hand it in with a designated pick-up time for the items you want. I'm guessing they were getting cleaned out by families stocking up for day trips to Disneyland and this was one way to combat it. However, I often forgot to do this or selected a time for pick-up that turned out to be inconvenient when the next morning rolled around. They were kind enough to re-accommodate me, but towards the end of my stay I stopped doing it because it was such a hassle to predict my mornings.

The rooms in this hotel really need updating. The first room I was in smelled strongly of mildew and stale smoke and they switched out the air conditioner (great service as I mentioned), but it didn't really help. A noisy family moved in next door so I ended up changing rooms due to the smell and the noise. The next room I got was great so maybe that was a blip.

The value for the rooms and location are excellent and it looks like they've updated the pool chairs since my last stay. With a few fast food and casual restaurants nearby this hotel is a great choice if you have a longer stay in the area.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel, we are delighted to hear the staff provided you with amazing helpful and friendly service, in particularly thank you for acknowledging our staff by name. Our staff takes great pride in providing the best possible experience for all our guests. We truly value your review and we are looking forward to our hotel renovation in 2013, as it’s in the planning stages right now. We look forward to your next visit with us and happily remain at your service!
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great location with nice surroundings and food options. Worked well for group of 15 attending a conference at the Anaheim Convention Center. Easy access to Disneyland and Downtown Disney as well. Very freindly staff and definately a safe environment. Would reccomend and will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stay in a lot of Marriott's, and have Gold status. This is not as nice as what I expect from Marriott.

The staff is friendly and the property outside is well maintained, the pool area was clean. The rooms however have made me decide not to stay here next time I'm in town (I'm travelling to Anaheim for business). First of all, it smells like old-hotel-used-to-be-a-smoking-room. For a suite it is very small and awkwardly laid out. Where the tub meets the floor has some awkward trim laid that doesn't match up with the wall or the tub. As a result, there was a lot of blackness lurking and that grosses me out in a bathroom.

Housekeeping kept turning off my AC which resulted in me coming back to a stuffy, off smelling hotel room each night. It was 100F outside during the day, there's no reason to turn off my AC.

There was no luggage rack, forcing me to put my suitcase on the desk, leaving me no desk space. And there were five hangers. For an extended stay place?

I also really didn't like that I had to go down, pick up my breakfast, bring it back up to my room, cook it, eat it, and then go back downstairs. This is the first Marriott I've been to that has this setup with no place to eat downstairs. Breakfast was very basic, few fruit options, only one protein option.

These may sound petty but when you travel a lot for business, these are really annoying. For families looking for an affordable place with a kitchen, it's fine enough, except for the bathroom, which is why I rated it Average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CLI820, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your comments, all the feedback from our valued guests help us immensely in being able to better provide a comfortable and great stay for all our guests. We are happy to hear that the staff was friendly though at the same time we are terribly sorry that you experienced some inconveniences with your guest room and our complimentary grab n’ go breakfast. We will definitely review your comments more closely in order to address them appropriately. Additionally, we are happy to say that a renovation is on order for the hotel, although it does operate with a preventative maintenance program. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to better serve you in the future.
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Had a great trip over to Disneyland and the "2012 Gay Days, Anaheim"! Stayed with friends who happened to book with points so the stay was free for us. We were in a 1 Bedroom Suite, with a comfortable pull-out couch. Kitchen area was nice and clean! And staff were great! Special shout-out to Mike, Graham, and Lupe for being very knowledgeable and providing great customer service!

Breakfast was decent. But then again, anything is good for being free, huh? They have breakfast slips for you to fill out and hand to the Front Desk the evening before. The next morning, you stop by their cafe and pick up your breakfast that is already prepared for you. Breakfast items included Hard-Boiled Eggs, Cereal, Yogurt, Juices, and Fruit.

Thanks again for an awesome visit!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to TownePlace Suites Anaheim? Share your experiences!