“Staff Is Still Amazing, Rooms Need Updating” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #37 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
Seattle, WA
“Staff Is Still Amazing, Rooms Need Updating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel once again and let me say that John, Lupe, Mike, Deborah and all of the staff were really exceptional. This goes for housekeeping and maintenance as well. They remember your name, anticipate your needs and go out of the way to assist you with everything. For this reason alone I'd stay here again.

The breakfast procedure has changed since I last visited. Now you fill out a form in the evening and hand it in with a designated pick-up time for the items you want. I'm guessing they were getting cleaned out by families stocking up for day trips to Disneyland and this was one way to combat it. However, I often forgot to do this or selected a time for pick-up that turned out to be inconvenient when the next morning rolled around. They were kind enough to re-accommodate me, but towards the end of my stay I stopped doing it because it was such a hassle to predict my mornings.

The rooms in this hotel really need updating. The first room I was in smelled strongly of mildew and stale smoke and they switched out the air conditioner (great service as I mentioned), but it didn't really help. A noisy family moved in next door so I ended up changing rooms due to the smell and the noise. The next room I got was great so maybe that was a blip.

The value for the rooms and location are excellent and it looks like they've updated the pool chairs since my last stay. With a few fast food and casual restaurants nearby this hotel is a great choice if you have a longer stay in the area.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CLI820, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel, we are delighted to hear the staff provided you with amazing helpful and friendly service, in particularly thank you for acknowledging our staff by name. Our staff takes great pride in providing the best possible experience for all our guests. We truly value your review and we are looking forward to our hotel renovation in 2013, as it’s in the planning stages right now. We look forward to your next visit with us and happily remain at your service!

Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great location with nice surroundings and food options. Worked well for group of 15 attending a conference at the Anaheim Convention Center. Easy access to Disneyland and Downtown Disney as well. Very freindly staff and definately a safe environment. Would reccomend and will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stay in a lot of Marriott's, and have Gold status. This is not as nice as what I expect from Marriott.

The staff is friendly and the property outside is well maintained, the pool area was clean. The rooms however have made me decide not to stay here next time I'm in town (I'm travelling to Anaheim for business). First of all, it smells like old-hotel-used-to-be-a-smoking-room. For a suite it is very small and awkwardly laid out. Where the tub meets the floor has some awkward trim laid that doesn't match up with the wall or the tub. As a result, there was a lot of blackness lurking and that grosses me out in a bathroom.

Housekeeping kept turning off my AC which resulted in me coming back to a stuffy, off smelling hotel room each night. It was 100F outside during the day, there's no reason to turn off my AC.

There was no luggage rack, forcing me to put my suitcase on the desk, leaving me no desk space. And there were five hangers. For an extended stay place?

I also really didn't like that I had to go down, pick up my breakfast, bring it back up to my room, cook it, eat it, and then go back downstairs. This is the first Marriott I've been to that has this setup with no place to eat downstairs. Breakfast was very basic, few fruit options, only one protein option.

These may sound petty but when you travel a lot for business, these are really annoying. For families looking for an affordable place with a kitchen, it's fine enough, except for the bathroom, which is why I rated it Average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank vermonterk
CLI820, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your comments, all the feedback from our valued guests help us immensely in being able to better provide a comfortable and great stay for all our guests. We are happy to hear that the staff was friendly though at the same time we are terribly sorry that you experienced some inconveniences with your guest room and our complimentary grab n’ go breakfast. We will definitely review your comments more closely in order to address them appropriately. Additionally, we are happy to say that a renovation is on order for the hotel, although it does operate with a preventative maintenance program. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to better serve you in the future.
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Had a great trip over to Disneyland and the "2012 Gay Days, Anaheim"! Stayed with friends who happened to book with points so the stay was free for us. We were in a 1 Bedroom Suite, with a comfortable pull-out couch. Kitchen area was nice and clean! And staff were great! Special shout-out to Mike, Graham, and Lupe for being very knowledgeable and providing great customer service!

Breakfast was decent. But then again, anything is good for being free, huh? They have breakfast slips for you to fill out and hand to the Front Desk the evening before. The next morning, you stop by their cafe and pick up your breakfast that is already prepared for you. Breakfast items included Hard-Boiled Eggs, Cereal, Yogurt, Juices, and Fruit.

Thanks again for an awesome visit!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kevin Charles M
Acton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here two nights because we were going to disneyland for two days. I stay at Marriott's quite a bit for work so I had a couple of free nights from Marriott and this is one of the hotels we could stay in. I usually can count on Marriotts to be quite nice but.......

I was surprised to see hair in the sink, on the ledge above the toilet and in the toilet. This just always grosses me out in any hotel that I stay in. I expect them to be clean. The bathroom also had drippy stains on the wall and where the tub meets the floor was pretty dirty too. The couch in the "suite" also had a huge stain on it. Needless to say I did not sit there.
The beds are also very small in this hotel. They say they are queens but they seem more like fulls. I asked to be moved to a room with a bigger bed and they said all the beds are the same size. Very strange.......

The staff was nice and the area that the hotel was in was decent too. It is right next to Angel stadium. It is not within walking distance of disneyland. There is a shuttle offered for $4.00 for an all day pass. But, just a warning it only comes every 60 minutes at the top of the hour. Not every 10 minutes like the lady at the counter told us. We loved that there was a starbucks in the adjacent parking lot.

They offer a free continental breakfast. You order what you want the night before and they pack it up for you the next morning so you can take it back to your room. Its just the basics- yogurt, cereal, bread, juice etc......

I have stayed in many of the hotels in the Disneyland area and many of them are used and abused due to the amount of traffic they see, but I do expect them to be cleaned properly. I probably will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in 323- its right next to the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
CLI820, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel, we are pleased to hear that the staff was friendly and the hotel’s location provided some good accessibility. We do sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced in your room during your stay. We are excited to announce that there are plans for a renovation next year and comments from our valued guests continuously assist us in making improvements to our overall operation. Our ultimate goal is provide a great experience for all our guests. Again thank you for your review, we hope to be able to better serve you in the near future and happily remain at your service.
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This place has a lot going for it ...

1. Super friendly staff. Everyone greeted me nicely and acted like they actually cared. Wow - what a concept! I wish more businesses had employees like this.
2. Convenient location. It's an easy walk to Angels' Stadium and the Honda Center. For Disneyland, there's a shuttle that picks up passengers in front of the hotel every hour.
3. Freebies. Free wifi, free parking, and free breakfast (order the night ahead; continental-style offerings such as cereal, English muffin, bagels, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, regular muffins).
4. Kitchens. Full size refrigerator, electric burner stove, dishwasher, full sink, and ample cabinets/counter space. Also stocked with pots, pans, dishes, and utensils.
5. Couches. The layout is like a small apartment with plenty of room for the couch, armchair, and flat screen TV.
6. Well-maintained and fairly up-to-date decor.
(last, but by no means least :))
7. Starbucks. My fellow addicts will be happy to know that there's one just across the adjacent parking lot. You'll have an cappuccino in your system within 5 mins.

Needs work:

1. Pool and jacuzzi looked like it could use a good scrubbing.
2. Carpet on the stairs and in the hallway starting show wear & tear.
3. Watch out for the excessive charges to watch "in theaters now" pay-per-view movies. After finally locating a movie I wanted to see, it asked me to okay a charge of about $17. Seriously? That's outrageous. I know it's the cable provider's fault, but it kind of reflects badly on the motel and made me just give up on locating a movie to watch. Plus, the movie menu is cumbersome to navigate.

Bottom line: I'd stay here again for sure to be near Angel Stadium or for visiting Disney. It's may not be the best motel in the area for attending conferences at the Convention Center because it's not close enough to run back and forth to one's room.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank mf-sandiego
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

WE stayed in a two bedroom suite and it was great for 2 couples. We each had our own bedroom and a 'living room' for relaxing. The kitchenette was great for snacks and to get a break from restuarants. The beds were excellent. The staff was friendly and accomodating and provided excellent customer service. The only negative was the hide-a-bed couch in our room was quite beat up and not very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ken P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Residence Inn Anaheim Hills Yorba Linda
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
#1 of 114 in Anaheim
4.5 of 5 stars 1,592 reviews
The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort

Been to TownePlace Suites Anaheim? Share your experiences!