“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
NJ
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have stayed at various Disney Vacation Club hotels at Disney World in Florida - which we find to be generally very nice. This was our first trip to Disneyland and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

Everything seems to run very efficiently and all staff encountered were extremely friendly and helpful. The pool area is well maintained and the poolside waiter service is an excellent bonus.

Room was clean and we'll maintained throughout our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
Tracy, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

As a family, we go to Disneyland at least once a year. This was our first time staying on property. For the cost of just this hotel stay, we can usually pay for an entire vacation (including food). I'm a big Disney fan and I was super excited when my husband surprised me with a Disneyland Hotel for our entire vacation!

We booked through priceline.com and paid extra for a "preferred room" and called the hotel to request a view of Down Town Disney so we could see the fireworks from our room. Well, we checked in around 10am and our room wasn't ready. We had tickets for the Halloween Party that day and we needed our room by 1pm at the latest in order to get ready. The guy at the front desk said he'll try to get us a room to see the fireworks & the pool. I thought he was doing us a favor. Turns out the fireworks/pool view is in the oldest tower. The wallpaper was peeling and it kinda felt we were tucked away and forgotten. The pool view was amazing, the fireworks not so much. One of the perks was you're supposed to be able to turn your tv to a specific channel and you could hear the soundtrack that goes with the fireworks. Ours didn't work. Neither did any of the "special" channels like bedtime stories or the world of color channel.

Another of the perks was if you left a card at check in, you're supposed to be able to charge purchases to your room at any Disney owned location. So one day I walked over to the Brand's White Water grill after hearing how great their food was and reasonably priced. I got all the way there, verified that I could use my hotel key to pay even though it was a different hotel, made the order, and. . . It didn't work. I had left my stuff back I my room so I couldn't pay with something else and I wasn't about to make that long walk again.

During this vacation, my youngest developed a nasty stomach bug (not Disney's fault). I got to the point where he couldn't go 10 minutes without having to go poop. Dumb mommy moment, I left our medical Id's at home. So I went to the front desk and told them of the problem with mini 's tummy and we are with Kiaser (yuck) and we needed a Kaiser facility. They let me talk to an on site nurse. After describing symptoms, nurse said not to worry but if he starts to throw up or get a fever to go see a doc. When we get home, the first thing I did was make an appointment with his doc. She said nurse was wrong and only gave a diagnosis for someone with an ulcer, which my 5 year old didn't have. She also said not to give pepto bismo to a little one with diarrhea as that causes the bacteria to grow while his system is trying to flush it out, prolonging the experience.

The hotel knew we were staying for a birthday, but we never received a birthday card. I've heard stories from friends who when the hotel was notified that someone wasn't well, they got a little get well card. We didn't :( Like I said before, it's like we were tucked out of the way. We didn't even get towel animals.

The headboard was very cool, and the kids and I really liked Tagarroa Terrace. On my birthday, I went to soak in the Minnie hot tub, that was lovely. Afterward I went be Trader Sam's to get a birthday drink. I tired an attendant just outside in the door door seating, she said she couldn't help. I tried walking up to the bar, after 10 minutes of trying to get someone's attention I gave up that plan. Flagged down a waiter inside the bar, he said I'd have to order at the bar if I wasn't at a table. Almost in tears, I sat down at the fire pit and waited for a host/hostess. One did come, I ordered a drink, 20 minutes later she came back with my order, I gave her my credit card to pay for the drink, 20 minutes later she comes back with my card and my check to sign. The drink was outstanding! But such a headache to get. I don't drink much, maybe one adult beverage every 4 months. Having one on my birthday while at the Disneyland Hotel was something I was really looking forward to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lompoc, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We come to the DL Resort several times a year and usually love the Disneyland Hotel, but lately we noticed a downgrade. Their accomodations used to be very good, but now we see cheap thin towels, like what would expect to see in a motel 6, add to that, the toilet paper is the cheap 1 layer toilet paper. A $300 a night room should be 5 star all the way, so shame on Disney.
We told them it was our 20th anniversary and they didn't even acknowledge it. In the past when stayed here for this event they'd decorate our room a little, or send a gift basket, or something, but no... the price went up and service and quality went down.
I am starting to think it's time to stay at a neighbotring hotel instead, because the Disneyland Hotel is just not worth the extra money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed for 1 night for my daughter's birthday. It was trully a magical stay. My daughter (and our family) was so happy with the accomodations, guest services, amenities, etc. We got a complimentsry upgrade with a room facing the pool area. The room was very spacious and had a couch that transformed into a single bed. This sofa bed was the most comfy sofa bes there is! We will look forward to staying here again!

Stayed November 2013
La Habra, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I went to Disneyland's Magic Kingdom with my 18 month old son for the first time with him. I was nervous about bringing him to a big place when he's still fairly young, but as soon as I entered the park, his eyes lit up from the rides, there are changing tables at all restrooms, and I can let him run around Toontown without worrying. We left tired but happy

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Walnut Creek, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed 4 nights and really splurged with a 2 room suite. Since my bedroom had 2 queen beds I took turns with each of the kids.The parents had their own bedroom and there was a pull out couch in the living room The kids (5&7) loved the musical lights they could turn on in each bedroom. There is a refrigerator and we did bring bowls and spoons so we could have cereal and oatmeal 3 of the mornings. (It would have been nice to have a microwave too) The coffee machine in the room was one of the worst i've ever seen and we never got a really good cup of coffee. If you are there in the off-season or leave the hotel early there is no line at the Monorail so that is a good way to get to Disneyland. Didn't find a short-cut to Adventureland however. There are 3 outdoor pools and one with a waterslide that the kids loved. If we did go back I would consider staying again, but would also look into some other property that would be much cheaper.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We spent four nights at the Disneyland Hotel at the end of October. We met our son and his family and stayed as part of his military rate. The hotel staff was wonderful, and gave us two rooms connected by a foyer — closing the outside door, and keeping the two inside doors open we had a suite and our two and four year old granddaughters were able to wander back and forth. It is expensive to stay on-site at Disney, but the visit is so much nicer and more fun when you do.

Room Tip: We were in the Fantasy Tower, and we had no complaints!