“First timer at Disneyland” 4 of 5 stars

Disneyland Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1150 West Magic Way, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #10 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
San Jose, CA
“First timer at Disneyland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here on 9/25 - 9/29. It was our birthday gift for our 4 yr old daughter. Checking in was a breeze. Booked 2 adjoining rooms for our stay. Our family was a party of 5 plus grandpa & grandma. One room was a deluxe 2 queen bed & the other was a deluxe 1 king. Both rooms was on the 7th floor, Adventure Tower, clean & faced the pool area. Hotel was a short walking distance to the monorail & not quite that far from front gates of Disneyland. Pool area for kids are great with fun water slides for them to enjoy while taking a break from Disneyland.

Yes, price is a bit expensive, but worth the convenience if you have little ones. Would definitely stay here again IF we come back to Disneyland.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Booked a 1 night stay for my boyfriend's surprise birthday this past weekend. We were in the Frontier Tower on the 5th floor overlooking the pool area which was nice. Our room came with 2 queen beds and a twin size sofa bed. Accommodated 5 adults comfortably. We didn't get to enjoy the hotel too much cause we got in early Saturday morning. Did a pre checkin-in, left our bags with the bell desk and took off to the parks. Check-in was fairly easy and quick. Leaving our bags with the bell desk was easy as well. About 2 hours after check-in, I got a text from the hotel telling me my room was ready and it had the room number but didn't say which tower so I had to call front desk as we were walking back to the hotel from the parks late at night. It was about 12:30am and we were drained. I called the bell desk to have our things brought up and it took them about 10 minutes but that's cause he was on another run. No biggie. Headboard was awesome! View was awesome despite it being night time and windows being dirty from the outside.

Suggestions for hotel:
1. Clean the exterior of the windows cause they're really foggy. Can't see too much.
2. When texting guests, also leave which tower the room will be in.

Overal experience, GREAT! Definitely overpriced but hey, it's Disney. It's expected.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Glastonbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I opted to stay at the Disneyland Hotel for a discounted rate since I was attending a conference there. I had hoped for a room on the upper floors, but got a room in the Fantasy Tower on the second floor facing the pool. It's not a bad view, just not what I had asked for. Was incredibly jet lagged after my trip so took quite a long nap and ended up waking up at 4 am. Kept hearing music playing and couldn't quite figure it out, nobody was at the pool. Then I realized it was likely coming from Downtown Disney which is just a short walk away. Ridiculous to play music that loud in the middle of the night. Glad my hotel room didn't face Downtown Disney, could you imagine how loud it would be then!? Anyways, regarding the actual hotel room, I was impressed. Spacious, well maintained. Bathroom was spacious with cute Disney light and faucet fixtures. Hot water. Unimpressive shower head. Beds were comfortable, lots of pillows. Really cute headboard that lights up and sings, I left it on all night as a nightlight. Empty mini fridge. No stains/wear of the carpet. Large TV. Liked the quick service restaurant Tangaroa Terrace, located just across the pool. Able to bring food back to my room which is nice because I traveled alone. Negative features: old plumbing, can hear when people above you flush their toilet or run the bathtub. Could hear people in the hallway from bed. No free breakfast. About a ten minute walk to the parks. For the price I would probably stay here again...

Room Tip: I would not recommend staying on the Downtown Disney side of the Adventure Tower as the music is inc...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed here again for a meeting, and the renovations have been completed since our unfortunate visit 2 years ago. The front desk check-in was prompt, but they clearly did not want us to linger and ask questions. The room was clean, spacious, and updated. I love the twinkle lights on the headboard. The cleaning service was variable -- why bother to put up signs about saving the planet by hanging your towel up, if they're going to replace it anyway? Single serve coffee packs were stocked 2 at a time (one decaf), so only one of us could be caffeinated one any given morning. The new pool area was lovely, and it was fun to watch the lifeguards do a safety drill with backboards one morning. It remains a very anonymous place to stay, albeit quieter.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Only good thing is early entry to parks. The only reason we opted for the hotel was having an infant. Would I stay there again - no! But I don't intend to go to Disneyland again - totally crowded (even on a week day in October.) I'm sure every parent of young children feel a need to take them - fortunately I am no longer in that category.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We always knew Disneyland Hotel would be good, but this far exceeded our expectations. We were on the 11 th floor in the Frontier tower which was quiet and relaxing. We overlooked the pool area and had a great view. The room was big enough for five, one on the fold down lounge. Nothing was a problem, everything was magical. We especially loved the light up bed heads. It was wonderful to experience this with the children. We will definitely come back!

Room Tip: High room with a view. If you want quite then the Frintier tower, if you don't mind noise other...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Transfered from the Grand Californian ( who were full) as wanted to stay one more night around Disney. We were not disappointed . My 3 young boys & Husband all preferred the pools, Restaurants at the Disney Hotel. The check in was great, room immaculate with a great view over the pools. The highlight was a breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen, which was very exciting, for my 6 yr old twins who got a cupcake and Happy Birthday song from the Staff. If we were to return this would be our first pick. Much more family orientated than other places we stayed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family