“Why stay anywhere else?” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1150 Magic Way, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #6 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
San Jose, California
“Why stay anywhere else?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

After many trips to Disneyland over the years I remain impressed by their commitment to quality. Although the Disneyland Hotel is an old property, they continue to update and keep everything in great shape. Keep in mind this is not overly impressive or elaborate but there's something about it that just makes the visit that much more "Disney".

True to Disney form, everything is clean, neat and in working order. The staff is friendly, competent, and very accommodating.

If you prefer a more luxurious experience, the Grand California is phenomenal albeit expensive.

• Stayed March 2013

996 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel is superb. Disney touches everywhere, excellent service, beautiful rooms and tons of kids activities. All 3 of the hotels in the Disneyland resort are close together and guests can use all 3 pools and amenities. We used Pinocchio's workshop(childcare) in the Californian Grand and it was excellent. Our room in the frontier tower had a decent view of the parks and we could see the fireworks from our room on nights where we were not in the park.
The pools are fabulous and a welcome break from the parks in the middle of the day! We loved being able to walk to everything and the extra magic hour alone was worth staying here! The parks were so busy during our stay that without that we wouldn't have got on some rides.
It is expensive though but I guess you get what you pay for. So many advantages to staying here that you just have to roll with the cost!

Room Tip: Adventure tower would have the best view of the parks.
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had always wanted to stay at the Disneyland hotel & finally managed it on a girls trip away!
Had a fantastic room in the Adventure Tower which overlooked Downtown Disney plus the 2 Parks....even the dreaded ferris wheel at California Adventure Park (never again....reminder to self regarding being scared of heights.)!
We also paid for access to the club lounge which was so worth it & I would recommend this to anyone.
A nice continental breakfast laid out every morning plus afternoon teas (we never made it to these) & drinks & nibbles in the early evening plus late evening. Always a friendly face to greet you & bring you your beverage of choice (bubbles please).
The check in at this hotel made me think I was at the happiest place on earth already! So helpful & friendly.
The room was just adorable with the bed headboards lighting up like the Disneyland castle & playing "when you wish".... just magical!
Such a lovely big room (night time turn down & chocolates were very much enjoyed).
Shame it was so cold that the pool wasn't much fun ... so many lifeguards watching one little whale (me) in the pool was a bit overwhelming.. so I didn't stay long.
Would stay here again in a heartbeat & wish I was heading there now!
Loved this hotel, loved its proximity to the monorail & the restaurants, just wonderful!

Room Tip: Definitely Adventure tower with concierge service!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The price is steep, but seriously, there is nothing like staying at the Disneyland Hotel and being walk only 5 minutes to go straight to the Disneyland Theme Park and California Adventure. I loved my stay here and the rooms are quite nice.

Room Tip: Try to get joined rooms if you have a large group. It's a great experience.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Guerneville, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

For me, Truly the Happiest Place on Earth. I have gone to Disneyland 4 times a year my whole life. I am 43 now, and it is still the only place I feel at home. I have only been able to afford the DL Hotel a few times in my life, but it is worth every penny. My husband and I have decided we will go half as often, just to stay there. The difference is this... When I am at Disneyland, no one in my family can get me to leave (from an hour before the open I am at the gate, and in the park until they kick me out after closing ;) It is the my Happy Place! However, when we stay at this Hotel, I feel like I am ALWAYS in my Happy Place. I could just lay in bed and look up at the Headboard, lighting up with fireworks and playing a Disney melody, and stay there all day. Every detail is perfectly Disney. One day I hope to be able to afford the California Grand, but I LOVE this hotel, I never worry about my kids, they can go to the park, Downtown Disney or any where in the Hotel and it is all connected, so I don't worry about them. And believe me, if my kids were wondering around with out me, anywhere else in LA, I would worry. It is a safe family environment that is Heavenly. The staff is so happy (and not fake), the rooms are beautiful!! One of our favorite restaurants is the Steak house at this hotel, and the tiki bar is a great place for quick, inexpensive good food.

Room Tip: View of the pool is less expensive and very pretty at night :)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We took a family trip with kids and grandkids - 12 of us in all for a Disneyland/CA Adventure on Easter. We booked the 3 bedroom suite for one night and it was perfect. The suite was clean, the linens wonderful. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were quiet. the living area between the rooms was just right for kids to hang out together between trips to the park. The staff could not have been nicer and more accommodating from the bell hop who stored our four cars worth of bags until we could check in later in the day, to the front desk people who gladly answered all questions. I had called the day before to find out about parking all of our cars ahead of check in and they said no problem and comped all four cars for that day and the following day. After check out we spent the afternoon at the pools - all of which were terrific for the kids with slides and shallow play areas. We ate pool side, ordering from the restaurant there. the food was just fine. We then headed back to the park for the rest of the evening before heading back home to San Diego. Our stay at the hotel made a busy weekend very enjoyable.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

A bit pricey of course but you get great service, support and accommodations. Premium views are great but I am not sure that they are worth the $100 extra per night.
Overall, everything is clean and well appointed. The rooms are spacious and have the Disney flare without being to childish.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disneyland Hotel? Share your experiences!