“Can't say enough...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Santa Barbara, California
“Can't say enough...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We just came back home from an amazing stay at the Disneyland Hotel celebrating our anniversary and I honestly can't say enough about how well taken care of we felt and what a great time we had. We traveled from 2/7/13 - 2/9/13, had two rooms and traveled with myself, my husband and our two adult (20 & 21) sons. Our rooms were both very clean, large and had a great view of the pool for our "kids", we were across the hall and had a beautiful view of Downtown Disney (we literally sat on the bed and watched the fireworks). The only (very minor) bumps in the road were when we arrived, no bellhops came to help us with our luggage, even though I very clearly saw one guy leaning up against a luggage rack just standing there, and it was slow when we arrived, but the four of us were able to get our bags from the taxi to the luggage counter with no problem so it wasn't a huge deal at all. Also, the water pressure in our shower was really low but the bathroom was clean, the towels were fluffy and the bed was so comfortable that I had a hard time getting out of bed in the morning to go to the park for early entry (another plus of staying on site)!

We always save up to get a Concierge level room, and I highly recommend it if you can swing it. It's a nice place to get away when the parks and Downtown Disney get too crowded. They have a beautiful spread for breakfast, wine & cheese and desserts and always have various snacks and cold (or hot) drinks out all day. The staff there is top notch. Through the years coming here, Edgar and Maria have been there and always make my entire family special and make sure all our needs are taken care of. It really does take your vacation to the next level.

After this latest trip to the Disneyland Hotel, my husband and I decided that we would rather go to Disneyland half as much to save up to stay here than going more and staying somewhere off site. The entire staff here made such a fuss over our anniversary from the second we checked in, we felt so spoiled and very special. A great time was had by all, very highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
Calif.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Just stayed at the Disneyland Hotel last week Tues.-Thurs.. We normally stay at a motel nearby that is less than half the price of this hotel and offers free parking, breakfast, and shuttle service to Disneyland. Normally when we go to Disneyland it is a family vacation so we are together all of the time and safety is not such an issue. This time my husband was going for business so he felt better about us staying on property since he wouldn't be with us for one of the days. We are also annual passholders this year so we got a little bit of a discount on the room.
This was our first stay at any Disney resort so we were excited about our stay. Upon arrival at the hotel the young lady who checked us in was as one reviewer put it indifferent. She did ask if it was our first time staying there but didn't do anything to acknowledge it. We were not asked if we had a special occasion, not given any thing special, just checked into our room. We did have a deluxe view room which is a pool view(there were no more standard rooms) but I think our room was supposed to be on a lower floor and she put us in a room on the 7th floor of the Adventure Tower which we had requested when we made our reservation. Our room was at the end of a hallway by an elevator and ice machine but we never heard them. The room was quiet the only noise I heard was muffled voices from the next room when I was in the bathroom getting ready to leave one day.
Compared to where we usually stay the room was very large and bright. The only thing I would have liked was to have a vanity area outside of the bathroom so that it makes getting ready for the day a little easier. The room was clean although I did have housekeeping come in and clean the top of the desk and the entertainment center as those were sticky when we checked in. The bathroom floor did have some hair on it but it was very clean the next day. The housekeeping staff that we encountered were all very nice. We needed extra towels one evening and they brought them up quickly. The room was already made up when we came back to use the pool around 2:00pm the second day.
We did use the pool and waterslide even though it was a little chilly outside. We have a 10 year old boy so there was no way we were getting out of that. The waterslide was fun and the pool was nice and clean. The water was warm but could be a little warmer this time of year. Lots of lifeguards although there were only about 6 of us in the pool. The hot tub was nice, not too hot as some can be.
I do think that for what you get, the rooms are overpriced. It really was an average hotel experience. I think that since you are a guest at the hotel and paying so much to stay there that you should not have to pay the parking fee. Disney doesn't need my $15.00 for my car to sit in their parking lot when no one has given me a service. Also, since you are paying so much a night, I think they could provide better toilet paper. It was some of the cheapest stuff ever. I really wanted to have a "magical" experience, but it just didn't happen.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Reading through TripAdvisor reviews after our trip, we find kindred spirits who have experienced the remarkably lacking Disneyland Hotel service. Our experience included indifferent valets and front desk staff, as well as impossibly-long phone hold times, and a room service staff incapable of creating an ice cream sundae from the limited room service menu (which includes ice cream).

We were already prepared for the small rooms and had paid the high price, but we will explore alternatives before returning to a hotel that doesn't care about our patronage.

Room Tip: When we asked for a king bed we were given a corner room that is slightly bigger than the standard r...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I visited with a friend and our daughters so we were in a 2 bedroom suite. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, the service was amazing. The room itself had two balconies and a separate loungeroom and was big and spacious. We all loved the litlle Disney touches like the Mickey lights and taps and the castle headboard.

• Stayed January 2013
Sedro Woolley, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I have two kids, ages 7 and 10 and we've taken them to Disneyland several times now. I finally convinced my husband to pay a little extra to try the Disneyland Hotel and I'm glad we did! Especially since all the remodeling and construction are done now. It was amazing! I loved, loved, loved it and I was sad when it was time to leave. Staying at the Disneyland Hotel made me feel like I never really left the park. I've tried many other hotels in the area, but the newly remodeled Disneyland Hotel has them all beat in my opinion. The staff were all Disney friendly and the service and quality of everything was excellent. I've stayed a lot of places and I've never been more happy or comfortable in a hotel. It also helps that I'm a big Disney fan though.

The check in process was quick and easy. The man who checked us in was friendly, and he gave my kids autographed pictures of their favorite Disney characters. We had a deluxe view room on the 7th floor of the Adventure Tower. As soon as we walked into the room I knew I was going to love staying there. The newly remodeled room was clean, comfortable, and had an amazing view of the pool area. I loved the floor to ceiling windows, it made the room seem so bright and cheery. At night, it was relaxing to look out over the pool all lit up and my kids always wanted to fall asleep with the curtains open. The bathroom was clean and sparkling. We ordered extra towels one night and housekeeping was quick to bring them.
Downtown Disney separates you from the parks, but its a short walk to the Monorail, and after a pleasant ride you're dropped off right in the middle of Disneyland Park. The Monorail doesn't have a stop in CA Adventure, but because you're a resort guest you can use the Grand Californian's entrance. It's a farther walk than the Monorail, but still convenient. I've stayed in hotels directly across the main entrance from the park, but I prefer to stay at the DH from now on because, in my opinion, you can't beat taking the Monorail directly into the park. Using the Monorail and the GC's entrance into CA Adventure, you never have to wait in a line at the main gates of the parks. And, as a perk, you get early morning entrances every day to either Disneyland or CA Adventure. I like to buy a lot of souveniers and I loved being able to have them sent to the hotel so I didn't have to carry bags around all day. They're sent to the bell desk and you can pick them up the following day after 7am.
Eating on a Disney trip is going to be expensive, and aside from bringing your own food there's not much you can do to help that. We brought a lot of food for breakfast and snacks in the park, but most of our meals were eaten in the park. On our last night we ate at Tangaroa Terrace, and I wish we would've tried it sooner. The food was really good and they also had some good breakfast options. I recommend getting a quick, light breakfast and getting straight to the park in the mornings. For a character dining experience, I recommend Goofy's Kitchen. Its a buffet and the food has been excellent every time we've eaten there. Each character that comes out goes around to every table. There's nothing to do but enjoy your meal. There are also several places to eat in Downtown Disney.
The pool was big, and the waterslides were fun. My kids loved it. There were also life jackets available, which was really nice.
The Disneyland Hotel had everything we needed for a fabulous stay. From eating, to sleeping. Morning to night. I only have one complaint, and its not even a big one, the laundry room is too small. I don't think there are enough machines for the size of the hotel. The night I did laundry, all the machines were in use and people were even taking other guests clothes out before the cycles were finished so they could use the machines. This caused some problems between a few guests and security had to get involved because items were mixed up and missing. I ended up staying until my laundry was all done because I didn't want anyone messing with my stuff. All in all, I highly recommend staying at the Disneyland Hotel for anyone who wants to get as much Disney as you can on your vacation. For me, there's no place else I'd rather stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I recently suprised my kids by flying them on Christmas morning to Disneyland for a week of vacation. After months of online research we decided to spend the money to stay at a Disneyland property. I did not get the suite, which I should have. But for the money the room was clean but very small. 5 people with luggage gave us no room to move. The bath was the smallest I've seen with one sink. Trying to get ready or shower was impossible. If you do stay here stay the Grand Californian in the park. Much nicer and not that much more expensive. Loved the park but if we go again I'll find somewhere out of the park.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is the second time my family of 5 has stayed here in the last 6 months. First - yes - it is expensive- but it's Disney. I fully expect that coming here and so should you. Pluses: the location can't be beat - the monorail is a short walk away as in no more than 2 blocks away - we hop on this and get right into the park or back to the hotel for a swim break. The rooms are all upated and nicely furnished. The beds now have LED lights for fireworks around the ornate headboard and music. Our even had a large balcony. Kids had room service one morning with Mickey Mouse pancakes. The staff is very helpful and kind. There's a laundry mat in the hotel which we of course used and a cafe for fresh coffee and pastries in the am. One evening, we had a drink just us adults, in the Tiki Bar which was a hoot - volancos going off, etc! There are constantly characters roaming around for on the spot photos and my eldest daughter aged 14 got danced around the grounds by Goofy and was smiling ear to ear and laughing so hard- truly a memorable moment we all cherish! Minuses, can be very crowded, rooms with perfect views of park are scarce - only 6 in the Fantasy tower. If you wat Starbucks you have to walk thru DT Disney into CA adventure - which I did (I'm from POrtland, what can I say?) Overall, we love it here and get most of our character photos in with no crowds or waiting before we leave for the park.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disneyland Hotel? Share your experiences!