“Magical Disney experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Canberra
“Magical Disney experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I visited with a friend and our daughters so we were in a 2 bedroom suite. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, the service was amazing. The room itself had two balconies and a separate loungeroom and was big and spacious. We all loved the litlle Disney touches like the Mickey lights and taps and the castle headboard.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
Sedro Woolley, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I have two kids, ages 7 and 10 and we've taken them to Disneyland several times now. I finally convinced my husband to pay a little extra to try the Disneyland Hotel and I'm glad we did! Especially since all the remodeling and construction are done now. It was amazing! I loved, loved, loved it and I was sad when it was time to leave. Staying at the Disneyland Hotel made me feel like I never really left the park. I've tried many other hotels in the area, but the newly remodeled Disneyland Hotel has them all beat in my opinion. The staff were all Disney friendly and the service and quality of everything was excellent. I've stayed a lot of places and I've never been more happy or comfortable in a hotel. It also helps that I'm a big Disney fan though.

The check in process was quick and easy. The man who checked us in was friendly, and he gave my kids autographed pictures of their favorite Disney characters. We had a deluxe view room on the 7th floor of the Adventure Tower. As soon as we walked into the room I knew I was going to love staying there. The newly remodeled room was clean, comfortable, and had an amazing view of the pool area. I loved the floor to ceiling windows, it made the room seem so bright and cheery. At night, it was relaxing to look out over the pool all lit up and my kids always wanted to fall asleep with the curtains open. The bathroom was clean and sparkling. We ordered extra towels one night and housekeeping was quick to bring them.
Downtown Disney separates you from the parks, but its a short walk to the Monorail, and after a pleasant ride you're dropped off right in the middle of Disneyland Park. The Monorail doesn't have a stop in CA Adventure, but because you're a resort guest you can use the Grand Californian's entrance. It's a farther walk than the Monorail, but still convenient. I've stayed in hotels directly across the main entrance from the park, but I prefer to stay at the DH from now on because, in my opinion, you can't beat taking the Monorail directly into the park. Using the Monorail and the GC's entrance into CA Adventure, you never have to wait in a line at the main gates of the parks. And, as a perk, you get early morning entrances every day to either Disneyland or CA Adventure. I like to buy a lot of souveniers and I loved being able to have them sent to the hotel so I didn't have to carry bags around all day. They're sent to the bell desk and you can pick them up the following day after 7am.
Eating on a Disney trip is going to be expensive, and aside from bringing your own food there's not much you can do to help that. We brought a lot of food for breakfast and snacks in the park, but most of our meals were eaten in the park. On our last night we ate at Tangaroa Terrace, and I wish we would've tried it sooner. The food was really good and they also had some good breakfast options. I recommend getting a quick, light breakfast and getting straight to the park in the mornings. For a character dining experience, I recommend Goofy's Kitchen. Its a buffet and the food has been excellent every time we've eaten there. Each character that comes out goes around to every table. There's nothing to do but enjoy your meal. There are also several places to eat in Downtown Disney.
The pool was big, and the waterslides were fun. My kids loved it. There were also life jackets available, which was really nice.
The Disneyland Hotel had everything we needed for a fabulous stay. From eating, to sleeping. Morning to night. I only have one complaint, and its not even a big one, the laundry room is too small. I don't think there are enough machines for the size of the hotel. The night I did laundry, all the machines were in use and people were even taking other guests clothes out before the cycles were finished so they could use the machines. This caused some problems between a few guests and security had to get involved because items were mixed up and missing. I ended up staying until my laundry was all done because I didn't want anyone messing with my stuff. All in all, I highly recommend staying at the Disneyland Hotel for anyone who wants to get as much Disney as you can on your vacation. For me, there's no place else I'd rather stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I recently suprised my kids by flying them on Christmas morning to Disneyland for a week of vacation. After months of online research we decided to spend the money to stay at a Disneyland property. I did not get the suite, which I should have. But for the money the room was clean but very small. 5 people with luggage gave us no room to move. The bath was the smallest I've seen with one sink. Trying to get ready or shower was impossible. If you do stay here stay the Grand Californian in the park. Much nicer and not that much more expensive. Loved the park but if we go again I'll find somewhere out of the park.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is the second time my family of 5 has stayed here in the last 6 months. First - yes - it is expensive- but it's Disney. I fully expect that coming here and so should you. Pluses: the location can't be beat - the monorail is a short walk away as in no more than 2 blocks away - we hop on this and get right into the park or back to the hotel for a swim break. The rooms are all upated and nicely furnished. The beds now have LED lights for fireworks around the ornate headboard and music. Our even had a large balcony. Kids had room service one morning with Mickey Mouse pancakes. The staff is very helpful and kind. There's a laundry mat in the hotel which we of course used and a cafe for fresh coffee and pastries in the am. One evening, we had a drink just us adults, in the Tiki Bar which was a hoot - volancos going off, etc! There are constantly characters roaming around for on the spot photos and my eldest daughter aged 14 got danced around the grounds by Goofy and was smiling ear to ear and laughing so hard- truly a memorable moment we all cherish! Minuses, can be very crowded, rooms with perfect views of park are scarce - only 6 in the Fantasy tower. If you wat Starbucks you have to walk thru DT Disney into CA adventure - which I did (I'm from POrtland, what can I say?) Overall, we love it here and get most of our character photos in with no crowds or waiting before we leave for the park.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This hotel is expensive...BUT... It has so many little touches that will make your trip amazing. The light up bed head plays music, the Mickey Mouse hands holding light and all the old photography from years gone by at Disneyland make this place special.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We decided to immerse our family of 4 in the whole Disney experience & stay at the Disneyland Hotel. The whole resort complex is beautiful & clean. The hotel is only a 15 minute stroll through Downtown Disney to the front gates of either Disneyland or California Adventure Park & worth the extra cost compared to some of the cheaper hotel options. At the end of a long day you know you don't have far to go to get back to your room & the pool area was great. We went to Goofy's Kitchen for dinner & played charades with all the characters which our kids are still talking about. Also our 8 year old had fun counting all the Mickey Mouse touches in our room when we arrived. The attention to detail is amazing. Just a couple of minor negatives. We stayed in the Adventure (middle) tower on the 3rd floor & the elevators were either full or very slow. Also there is music playing all night long in the lobby which you can hear in your room but after a long, tiring day this did not worry us too much. Overall we had a fantastic time in the 4 days we stayed at this hotel & would definitely come back & stay again when we can save up the money!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We picked this because it has more Disney charms than the beach theme one. We have view of the pool . I think we would prefer California adventure IF we got the room their . Walk is a bit far ... As we are thai ... We are not used to walking a lot hahaha. Bathroom tub is so shallow and over flow easily. Nice firework imitation on the bed rest

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Disneyland Hotel? Share your experiences!