“Try It - You'll Like It” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1150 Magic Way, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #8 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
Portland, Or
“Try It - You'll Like It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

If you go to Disneyland this hotel is worth the splurge. It is more expensive than the other adjacent 5 star properties, but it is the Location, the wonderful service and very friendly staff. Plus you get to enter the park one hour prior to the public. Highly recommend the Fantasy Tower this newly renovated property is a delight for all ages. Everyone loves the Lighted Headboard and Mickey's white gloves holding the lamps. A treat with a coffee maker and refrigerator as well.

Room Tip: -Take advantage of the early entrance, the park gets crowded quickly - Fantasy Tower upper floor po...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

1,194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
orange
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had a great 6 night stay in a 1 bedroom suite, the early entry to the Disney Parks is a real bonus. Our room was large and comfortable and the pool and spa area just great for a late night calm down. Best of all is the laundry facility which allows families on long trips with lots of washing time to do this at a very reasonable cost. We felt really at home here and the suite has lots of quirky Disney touches that add to the atmosphere.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony suite for a feeling of spaciousness. Remember that although the kitchen looks like...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Woodland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Just came back from a wonderful stay @ Disneyland Hotel. Decided to take my daughter last minute for her bday, so because of short notice I booked another hotel on Priceline which we only stayed 1 night & slept maybe 4 hrs. So we arrived at Mickey & friends parking structure@ 7:15 am to start our day & I wasn't feeling our other hotel, so I asked her do you want to see if they have anything & DLH. So we walked over there & were so glad we did! Jon @ the front desk was who helped us & what a help he was. Lucky for us they had rooms available as a walk up. W were put in Frontier Tower on the 14th floor & was all about Walt Disney himself, wish was really wonderful to see!!! The room had 2 double beds with the black & white picture of Walt walking through Sleeping Beatuys Castle on one wall. The wall the beds were on had a wooded carved headboard that goes completely across both beds of the castle with fireworks. And it plays music when you first turn it on. All the papers had Walt on them to. Really wonderful to see them brings him back. Because without him there would be no Disney!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Port Moresby, National Capital, Papua New Guinea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My first visit to LA as I usually bypass the place. This hotel was nominated due to its proximity to the Anaheim Convention Centre.
From that perspective it worked out well....a 15 minute walk to the convention centre.
The room I was in was well set up only issue was the connecting door to the next room.
A family with a young, noisy (make that whining) child tended to disrupt the quiet of the place.
My room was well appointed and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was also well designed so no issues at all.
Dining options are okay but all tend to be associated with Downtown Disney.
A major flaw from a business travellers point of view was there was no dedicated bar for a quiet drink after work.
Overall not a bad hotel for a few nights. Certainly a great spot if you're a family visiting Disneyland.

Room Tip: If travelling on business ask for a room away from family booked rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Nor Cal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Location, location location. Stayed here for the weekend, the proximity to Disneyland and California Adventure is great. Walk through Downtown Disney on the way. A little pricey I agree, however, how about the firework headboard, only in a Disney hotel! Our view was of the parking lot, not so great, but that's where the start and finish line were, so, kind of cool. Will for sure be back next year and do it again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Valencia, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Although I'm writing this review 3 months too late, I figure better late than never. For YEARS I've been wanting to stay @ the Disneyland Hotel being that I'm a MAJOR Disneyland geek;-) However, my boyfriend and I have an annual vacation fund we set aside in which we take several vacation trips throughout the year. Yet, due to some of the bigger splurging trips we take around spring and summer, our hotel budget by the time we take our 2 four day Disneyland trips in October and December is pretty limited. However this time the clouds parted and Angels began to sing as a friend of mine who works for a major software company was going to be holding an Expo in Anaheim and she was able to book a block of rooms at The Disneyland Hotel from their ususal $387+ rate to a discounted rate of $159. I was ECSTATIC and we booked the room for 4 days IMMEDIATELY!

My boyfriend and I went in the 3rd week of October of 2012 to celebrate my Birthday. Upon arrival I was so excited I could barely contain myself as I've been wanting to stay at this hotel for years to consummate our Disney experience as MAJOR Disney fans. When we entered the lobby I had a smile from ear to ear as I saw all the Disney touches that make Disneyland so magical. We went to the front desk and the desk agent checked us in pretty quickly and off to our Disney accomodations we went. Walking to our room we noticed that The Disneyland Hotel grounds were neatly kept and they had an awesome Disney themed pool area and the Enchanted Tiki Bar looked pretty lively and fun. Once we reached the Frontier Tower we went to our room on the 2nd floor and upon entering my excitement deflated a bit and I would be remiss if I didn't say that I felt a little let down.

I don't know what I was expecting in regards to Disney decor but for a room that is on average $387+ a night, we were pretty underwhelmed. My boyfriend and I usually stay @ 4+ star hotels throughout the year on our other trips and I can tell you unequivocally that the room would not have been worth the $387 price if we in fact paid that much. We were told that rooms were recently renovated which was nice to hear and there were Disney touches that in all fairness cannot be overlooked, but for the price, the room was better than average however thats not saying much considering the insane room rate which thankfully we didn't have to pay.

Some of the Disney touches included the subtle Mickey designs in the carpet, the subtle Disney fixture's in the bathroom, the few pieces of black & white photo art on the walls and the comfy beds with a Disney phrased pillow. My favorite touch to the room was the Disney head board that lights up and plays "A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes". So although there was some Disney Charm, there was really nothing about the room that was truly spectacular to warrant the price. In additon, when we first used the shower in our room, the water pressure was HORRIBLE. I read other reviews where guests made mention of this but this was REALLY BAD. Not to mention the water only went to like warm at best and when we called to inform the front desk, the front desk agent sounded annoyed and said they would have someone check it out. No one ever did of course. When we turned on the TV, almost EVERY OTHER channel was a Disney Vacation club infomercial. The variety of channels were lackluster which after coming to our rooms after the park each night and watching a little tv before going to bed was wrather disappointing. I know this is a family hotel so thats probably why they don't iffer any premuim channels but I feel thus us a miss as couples also like to enjoy the Disney experience who have no kids.

I know that the hotel likes to advertise how close they are to the park which they say provides convenience to the guests. However, they're not as close as they make it out to be. WHEN the monorail works i the morning, the arrival time is just minutes. But when it's not working, the walk is about 10 minutes which after a long day, can be a bit annoying especially when the Monorail isn't working or there is a 45 minute wait to get on which ends up being pointless. Also, there wi-fi is BEYOND slow. Couldn't barely get a signal on my phone and I read other guests complaining about this as well. Therefore, if you're planning to stay there for business...DON'T.

Overall, yes the hotel does have it's charms and yes it's great to experience it at least once. However, unless my boyfriend and I are offered the discounted rate of $159 again, there is NO WAY we would pay $387 a night for the hotel. It was a better than average hotel but NOT WORTH the average rate by a long shot. We still had a great time and got a great deal for our stay but wouldn't go out of our way to stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a discounted rate if you can.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed in a premium room at the Disneyland Hotel over New Year's and were very pleased with the amenities and convenience. Dis always pays such attention to detail, from the embroidered throw pillows and firework headboards to the Mickey hands holding the lights in the bathroom, it was a real extension of the spirit of the parks. Service and housekeeping was great and it was so nice to be able to walk a short distance to/from the hotel and parks without waiting for shuttle busses or taxis. Pool area was under construction so we "only" got to go on the waterslides and use 2 hot tubs and 1 large pool. Plenty to keep our 10 year old busy, even if it was super cold outside.
Trader Sam's Tiki Bar was fun but the service there was a bit slow, probably because there were so many people. Onsite restaurants were quick, convenient and Steakhouse 55 served one of the best meals we've had in a long time. Front desk, valets, housekeeping, and wait staff were all very friendly and efficient. While the hotel itself is quite large, we never felt like we were surrounded by people, unlike the parks - which were at capacity for 3 of the 5 days we were in them. It was a nice break to go back to the hotel for some quiet time.
Obviously the price of the room was more expensive than in a "good neighbor" hotel, but you pay for convenience and the experience. We did not take advantage of the early park entry offered to hotel guests, but appreciated it was available if we had wanted to get up at the crack of dawn to go. Watching fireworks out our hotel room window each night was a treat too. Would definitely stay at another resort property when we decide to go back if this is an indication of what they're all like.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Disneyland Hotel? Share your experiences!