“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Vancouver
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is my family's 7th visit to Disneyland and our first stay at a Disneyland Resort Hotel. We were not disappointed. Yes, it was considerably more expensive than the neighbouring hotels, yet we swallowed the expense to experience it - if only once. Well, now it's hard to go back to a neighbouring hotel. We've been spoiled. The rooms were very quiet. When in our room, we heard no hallway noise or noise from other rooms. The newly renovated hotel is really, really nice. We stayed in the Adventure Tower. Particular detail is payed to the bathroom faucets the Mickey's white gloved hand holding the light fixtures. My favorite of all was the giant sized headboard of the beds that would light up with twinkling lights. The room was large and extremely comfortable. It had a small fridge, which was very welcomed by us because we stocked it with breakfast foods. We are used to getting breakfast included at the neighbouring hotels - however meager and simple it is - it was always a kickstart to the day. The Disney hotel does not offer a complimentary breakfast, so we were lucky enough to have our car so we could take a trip to Safeway. This is one of the downfalls of the hotel. If we go to the Disneyland Hotel again and don't have our car with us (which we usually don't) I don't know where we would get a reasonably quick and inexpensive breakfast. The new swimming pools were great. We took advantage of the pools on some very hot afternoons. The downside is that some people put down their pool towels and toys to reserve their pool side chairs until the later in the afternoon when they returned from the park. It is extrememly annoying and frustrating when looking for a chair to lounge in and towels are reserving them for hours on end. I mentioned this a few times to the pool staff and they said there is nothing they could do about it. They do not want to upset and anger any guests! Two more things I was not happy with: this is a three week road trip we took and we needed to take advantage of their guest laundry machines - they were filthy dirty with built up grime and very, very stinky. Secondly, we found the housekeeping to be less than good. During our seven night stay, the bathroom got tidied, but never cleaned. Hair stayed in the corners and the sinks remained dirty. I was not impressed. However, the good took over the bad when we realized how convenient the monorail was, the early entries to the park, and the very close walking distance to the entrance to both parks. Having said all of this, I would like to stay at this hotel the next time we return to Disneyland.

Room Tip: Upon booking, request a room in the Adventure Tower. It is the closest to the Parks. Ask for a roo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I enjoyed my visit and stay at the DRH. The organisers of the FIVB Congress had problems with allocating rooms with DRH but after a long flight with a missed connection I was able to sustain my good humour thanks to the brilliant reception staff who got me a room which was excellent. Unfortunately I had to move the following lunchtime but this was to a slightly smaller room but of top class quality. The Congress facilities and accommodation were top class. I enjoyed the food and choices although some fellow-members were disappointed at the range offered being too repetitive and limited. I cannot agree. Facing another 24 hr flight I had room service the night pre-departure and it was excellent and good value. My first time in USA and this was the highlight.

Room Tip: Ask for Fantasy Tower
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We wanted to treat our daughter a great 7th birthday present by flying to Disneyland. We stayed at Disneyland hotel for 6 days and 5 nights and I can tell you the money & time planning this was worth it !! I purchased the package when booking the hotel and that alone was great ! All 3 of us got free lanyards, luggage tags & Disney pins. My daughter got a free signed picture from Mickey & Minnie, those little touches made my daughter so happy.
We also got to experience magic hour twice for both Disneyland Park & California Park. This is when they open the park to hotel guests only an hour before the general public is due which was so great as we got to go to all the rides which usually has a long line during the day :)
With the package you also get priority seating on some shows which was a plus since shows at Disney is awesome and getting a great seat is a must !
Since Disneyland Hotel made our stay perfect, will take the time to write this review.

Arriving from a 14hr flight from Australia, we were extremely tired. But once we arrived at Disneyland hotel, out tiredness went away very fast and with good reason. We arrived at 1030am and thought our room wouldn't be ready as check in is at 2pm which I was fine with, but much to our delight, our room was ready ! I wish I remembered the man's name who checked as in as he was exceptional ! He gave us a free room upgrade, made us feel welcome as soon as we arrived. Kudos to him and the staff as their customer service was AWESOME !

Next up was the room.. Oh it was such a great room ! Spacious with 2 queen sized beds, huge window overlooking the pool, great tv with so much to watch for the whole fam ESP my daughter. The bathroom was very clean with little Mickey Mouse details.
The headboard in the bedroom was of the famous fireworks which lights up and plays a song..

The hotel was very close to downtown Disney which was great ! Maybe a 10 min walk to the parks which isn't so bad as you have plenty to look at when you're on the way there.

As the front desk gave my daughter a birthday badge with her name, everyone in Disneyland and California park always greeted my daughter. This was so sweet. Disneyland is really the happiest place on Earth.

But more on the hotel. The pool was also a great feature. My daughter loved the monorail slide. There was also many lifeguards on site and paid lots attention to the swimmers.
For the parents, there were many sun beds and umbrellas around to make it more comfortable as well as waitress with menus so you can order food & drinks which was so great !

Disneyland hotel really went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable & memorable. Everytime I called the front desk they addressed us with our surname which was great and made us feel special.
Also one of the best thing about Disneyland hotel was that you will find Disneyland characters at different times during the day and night at the hotel which was also a lovely surprise. Kids & adults alike get very excited seeing Mickey & the gang out and about giving everyone a big ol hug !

Overall I recommend this hotel and we will definitely stay at Disneyland hotel again ! Everything from concierge, the hotel, the service was fantastic and cannot wait to come back again !

• Stayed October 2012
Henderson, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We've stayed at the Disneyland on occasion over the years. It's always a good experience, but one you definitely pay for. This trip was a surprise for our sons 7th birthday. This was the first time we have stayed in one of the remodeled rooms. The room was very well done, clean, big and modern. The light/musical headboard was awesome. The service was great and the room service food was awesome, highly recommended! The new pool was also great, the kids loved the new slides. We paid to have a special birthday surprise waiting in the room for our son. He loved it. It was a basket with some Disney stuff (Picture frame, Mickey stuffed animal, candy, Ears hat). Had a great time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here one night in October. We had the premium room because that is all that was available. I paid around $535 for that and no it didn't include tickets to Disney or a meal. In fact, that price included a annual pass holder discount. The price changes throughout the year and as you an imagine it doesn't get much higher than that.

Since we paid such a large amount I was happy that the service was amazing. Everyone from the valet, service desk, and bellman. Just great top notch service. The pools are wonderful- though we didn't get to swim. We had a wonderful view of the pools though. They are gorgeous as family friendly. The rooms have Mickey and Disney details everywhere. A delight for the kids and adults too! Many places to eat on site - like Goofys Kitchen. A fun ( and expensive) place for a character meal.

Will I go back with my family? You bet! But I will make sure to plan my trip during a less popular time of year. I can't pay those prices again.

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here when I was child and was happy to see when I came as an adult was still a great lace. I love the fact that they still have the character themed restaurants and the Customer service was still great. I stayed here for just one night but I will return I really enjoyed laying by the pool and getting into the jacuzzi.

• Stayed August 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

To start with, everything was sparking clean, the room was spacious, & the bathroom lovely and perfect in every way. Then there was the Disney magic: the musical fire-works headboard, the hidden Mickeys everywhere, the great service at check-in, and last but not least the VIEW! I looked out over Downtown Disney, and was able to see Magic Kingdom fireworks at night. The hotel was beautifully landscaped, including the pool area. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: My corner room in the Adventure Tower was a delight!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Disneyland Hotel? Share your experiences!