We booked in September for a stay in early December and got a good rate for our family of 4. In addition to that, the email confirming our reservation contained an online coupon for National Car Rental, which allowed us to save 30% off our car rental. Not a bad deal at all!
As many have said before, the hotel's proximity to Disney is excellent. As can be seen from my attached photo, the Tower of Terror in Disney's California Adventure was so close to our room. If you can't bear the 10-15 minute walk, ART bus no.2 stops directly in front of the hotel to send or pick you up form Disney for USD3 one way or USD5 for a day pass.
Breakfast is pretty basic and even if you don't eat meat, other options are enough to keep you full. Note that the staff strictly enforce the 10.00 am deadline as they have to get the dining room ready for the Indian buffet lunch, which commences at 11.00. As for that restaurant, we had dinner there one night and found the food to be quite good with generous portions.
Service was good, although there was no bellhop to assist us with our bags. Overall, I found the ladies of the day shift to be friendlier than the guys who manned the night shift, although both were shifts were efficient. Housekeeping was excellent, greeting us warmly every morning to attending to all our requests. On the way to the airport on check-out day, they even called the cab to alert us about certain items we had left behind (we had actually discarded them).
During our stay, the cable TV was upgraded to Full HD which added a plethora of entertainment options on the tube.
The hotel is also convenient for driving, as it is located just off the I-5 freeway and has ample free parking. We were able to secure a courtyard parking spot every day, and there are many more lots available in the basement.
There is a guest coin-op laundry room which we pretty much had to ourselves during our stay.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a family trip to the greater LA area.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Anaheim Hotel Anaheim
- Ramada Plaza Anaheim Hotel
- Ramada Anaheim
- Anaheim Ramada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Anaheim, just a short distance from the Disneyland Resort, and the Anaheim Convention Center, the "Ramada Plaza Hotel, is the best kept secret, in the southern California hotel industry.In recognition of quality, and excellence, in 2010 & 2011, we were chosen, "Best of Ramada", an award only given to five Ramada properties all throughout California.We pride on our service, let us be, your home away from home.Many amenities are available to you as our guest, among them: Free American Buffet breakfast every morning, Wi-Fi, exercise room, heated pool; Jacuzzi, sauna, and meeting rooms (upon reservation for the later one) are also available. The hotel is located near major shopping areas, attractions and the beautiful Southern California coastline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Olotels, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Venere, Wyndham and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Plaza Anaheim Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.