“GREAT STAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Anaheim

Save Saved
You added Ramada Plaza Anaheim to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Anaheim
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   515 West Katella Avenue (And Harbor), Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #34 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
SAN DIEGO
“GREAT STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in October and since it had been years since we visited Disneyland I looked at dozens of hotels in the area. The location was excellent, short walking distance to parks, several restaurants and shopping mall. The lobby was beautiful and the rooms were very nice, we were very impressed with this hotel and they price was excellent. The breakfast was very good, with a large variety of hot foods, cereals and fruit. The manager Arthur was so pleasant and helpful, he personally goes from table to table in the breakfast room inquiring about your stay and asking if you need anything. We were also able to purchase our park tickets for less than we would if purchased at the parks! The front desk personnel were professional and helpful. I would recommend this property to anyone visiting Disneyland/California Adventures.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ramada14252, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Anaheim, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us at the Ramada Plaza Anaheim. We appreciate your comments and use them as a way to improve so that we may provide a service that exceeds guest expectations. We are pleased to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one and we look forward to hosting your next stay in the Anaheim Resort area.

Ramada Plaza Anaheim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
NEW JERSEY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We arrived early and had to wait a little bit for our room, but ARTHUR whom I suppose was the Manager made sure that we had everything we needed to relax while waiting.. Fresh cookies and cartoon for the kids.. After 20 minutes we sent our 5 yr old to the counter to ask if our room was ready and sure enough, it was. The receptionist said she was weak to her cuteness but I'm sure we were just lucky.. The hotel is close to everything you need such as Pizza, Chinese , Mexican food and beer, wine and Souvenirs. Each day we saw ARTHUR and he made sure we were ok and asked if we needed anything. We had a very pleasant experience here and would consider staying again but Disney Ain't cheap .. Oh and the walk wasn't that bad at all . 15 min tops .. to parks . There are closer Hotels but we wanted an included breakfast and a fridge and a microwave in our room. So that's why we chose Ramada Plaza. All the boxes were checked !!!

• Stayed November 2012

antioch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

spent 4 nights here, and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Room was clean, staff was very helpful and friendly. The beds were extremely comfortable. I liked the secure underground parking. The free breakfast was phenominal. Not a skimpy doughnut, but a full breakfast with eggs, bacon, hash browns, etc. If you leave hungry, it's your own fault. The hotel is walking distance to Disneyland and close to major highways, making other california attractions easy to get to. A real 5 star hotel in my opinion

Room Tip: I would make sure to ask for a room facing Disneyland, if you want to see the fireworks each night
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my third trip to Disney, and my first time to this hotel. If I ever make it back, this is definitely where I will stay. The only thing I didn't like is that our room faced the back of the plaza next door. However, the room was clean, roomy, had a free safe, a microwave and a coffeemaker. The shower had good pressure, the beds were comfortable, and there were plenty of pillows. It had everything one would need, but the view was really the pits. Not that we went there for the view though, and it doesn't affect the rating I'm giving this hotel

We were within walking distance to Disneyland. I had read on the forums that by choosing a hotel 15 minutes away from the parks I would think every time I passed closer hotels that I wished I had stayed there. And I did. But then when I got to the room, and was greeted by their exceptional staff, I knew that I had made the right choice.

I chose this hotel mainly because I am a big breakfast eater, and this one had a full hot buffet. I was not disappointed in this. It filled us up and gave us a great start for the day, and saved us a lot of money. The first morning we were there, they had watermelon and orange slices for the fruit. After that there was just orange slices. Would have been nice to have watermelon every day, but that's just my preference. The breakfast was excellent.

Another word about our location is that we were just down the street from the Anaheim Garden Walk. We very much appreciated that, and the fact that there were so many restaurants there. Around the corner from our hotel was a little plaza (of which our room faced the back) that had a 24 hour Subway, a pizza place, a Chinese place and a burger place, as well as a souvenir shop. Across Harbor was a 7-11 and an ABC Market. So the location really was perfect. We never took the ART to the parks or back, but it was an option had we not wanted to walk.

There was a pool, which we never had time to use, but I did see a family out there and they seemed to be having fun. There is also underground, free parking, which I thought was outstanding. Again, we didn't use it. There was a smoking area at the back of the parking lot, with a couple of benches, although there was also a line of cigarette butts leading to it, so obviously not all the smokers made the trip back there.

The hotel also had free Wifi, which worked well, and two computers, with a printer, that was free for the guests. Came in very handy to check into the airline and print our boarding passes.

Now I've saved the best for last. The staff. This was probably the friendliest, most helpful staff I've ever encountered. Certainly of the three hotels I've stayed at in Anaheim, but probably the top of all the hotels I've stayed at. Every question we had, they answered right away. When I needed packing tape, they provided it. When the battery in our smoke detector started beeping at midnight, they sent someone up within 5 minutes to change it out. Every time we entered or left the hotel, they greeted us. And Arthur. was. amazing. He spoke to us every time we were in the lobby, opened the door for us when we went into the restaurant, and recommended a pizza delivery, which we didn't use, but appreciated it anyways. When we were waiting for our shuttle, he offered to call them for us if they were late (which they weren't). Nice, nice man, and a definite treasure to this hotel. If his boss is reading this, give Arthur a raise. ;-)

Thank you so much, Ramada Anaheim Resort for your exceptional service, great amenities, and a grand time.

Hi to Arthur from the sisters from Alberta. :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were booked to stay 5 days at the Holiday Inn Express next door with our son, his wife and grandchildren. It was closed for renovations. They put us in this Hotel. It was within walking distance to Disneyland. The staff were friendly. The breakfast was good. The hot tub was wonderful after walking all day. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. I would stay there again. The grandchildren loved the pool. They also had a sauna.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Ramada Plaza Anaheim

Been to Ramada Plaza Anaheim? Share your experiences!