“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2005

After reading all the reviews we were not too sure about staying there. I don't know why I worried. The rooms were clean, spaceous. They had a microwave, hair dryer, iron, can opener, toaster, refrigerator, coffee maker. All you really needed. The staff were professional and helpful. We were never offer or asked about timeshares. The pool and hot tubs were clean and there were always plenty of towels. We slept well and we did not hear outside noise except for the occasional car alarm going off. I would recommend this place to my friends and would not hesistate to stay there again.

Stayed April 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2005

After reading all of the reviews, I was terrified to get to the hotel, but all of my fears were soon put to rest. We had no trouble at check in, our room was fantastic, noise was never a problem, and the breakfast was great. The front desk was always helpful, and not once we were asked anything about timeshare presentations. We paid $78.00 Canadian per night, and it was worth every penny. Our family of 6 was very comfortable and happy with the rooms, which were spotless and plenty roomy. We ate from the breakfast every day for 10 days and were never dissatisfied - really, how much variety does breakfast at home provide???? We swam every evening in the pool, which again was always clean. We rented a vehicle and had no trouble finding parking spots. The shuttle service was fantastic. I have not one bad thing to say about this place - we will stay there again if we ever have a chance to get back. For those of you with all of your complaints - relax a little!!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2005

The Peacock Suites was a very nice place. The beds were comfortable and the shower stayed one temperature. Not very many TV channels, but when you stay in Anaheim you really don't have time to watch TV! Not the best continental breakfast but a continental breakfast is usually just the items they had. Which was cereal, toast, cinnamon rolls, fruit, and juice.

Casa Grande, AZ.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2005

My father bought our family of four a Disneyland trip package through Peacock. It included 3 nights & 4 Park Hopper tickets to DL/Cal. Ad. parks. In booking the rooms, I had a very favorable impression of the customer service. The woman I dealt with was very easy to talk to, and very helpful in getting all the paperwork in order. She told me that since she did not want to mail our tickets to us (for fear of them being lost), she would make a notation on our reservation that we would pick up our tickets (for parks and ART) at check-in. When we got to check in I was to present them with a gift certificate that specifically stated that I had to initial to receive these tickets. When we checked in, the fellow had me initial the paper and then.....nothing. He gave us our room keys and told us to see the "concierge". I told him that we were supposed to get tickets for DL & ART when we checked in. You can imagine the sweat that popped out on our brow!! He looked in the computer, he looked in an envelope in a drawer, he looked through a three ring binder and could not find any tickets in our name or any "notation" about us receiving them. He then gave us the tickets out of their ticket book - and had me sign a form stating that I was in receipt of them. To be honest, it wouldn't have surprised me to see charges for them on my credit card. So even though the issue was resolved at check in - it was irritating none the less.

He then told us to have our parking ticket "validated" by the concierge at a desk in the lobby. So we went over there and were given a sales presentation for a time share at the hotel! This one thing alone will be why we never recommend this hotel or stay there again. It is nothing but irritating to be hit with something like that when you least expect it, especially after a six hour drive over. What was really irritating to us was that she kept pushing us to come to one of the presentations - regardless of the fact that we have children and they wanted to go to Disneyland! Finally my husband said sure we'd come on Sunday morning. Then she told us we'd receive $100 in Disney Dollars as an incentive. I mean, the whole thing just seems shady and has that "used car" approach. I had to sign a forn stating that my husband and I had a combined income of $50,000 or more. I didn't actually read that until after we were in our room though.....

The room was nice. I had no problems with plumbing, beds, room size. Actually the beds are very comfy - but seem kind of small. Our two kids (14 & 9) slept in one and THEY were crowded. I know they are queen size, but it's still really small!

The hotel is very, very noisy. It seems as if they hire children to run up and down the halls at all hours of the morning and night! However, I can't blame the hotel for this - the parents need to keep a leash on their kids. But it is not a quiet hotel. And the door to our room was about an inch and a half too short, so light from the hallway spills into the room all night.

I realize that a continental breakfast is just that - small and light. But this one is a joke. They have four or five loaves of bread in the plastic bags laying around by toasters. There's three choices of cereal with a pitcher of milk sitting nearby (yuck!). The coffee is HORRENDOUS - I mean, really heartburn inducing. I put in four packets of sugar and two creamers into mine and it still tasted like motor oil. The sweet rolls are good, but they are the only thing offered as a bread besides the toast. There are small cartons of apple and orange juice. We ate at the IHOP the second morning because we just did not enjoy our breakfast there.

The sales woman did call and leave a voice message on the morning we were supposed to come to their presentation. We did not answer the phone even though we were in the room. Telemarketing on vacation - how fun! As ridiculous as it sounds, I fully expected our key cards to not work that night since we didn't go......

As some others have said, there are so many other hotels/motels in the DL area that are bigger, better, cheaper and offer more extensive free breakfasts that we will not ever come back to this hotel again. My dad was very disappointed that he bought the package from a time share company as well. Especially since there was never any notification that we would be propositioned for a sales presentation.

• Stayed January 2005
Lakewood, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2005

Just returned from eight days at the Peacock Suites in Anaheim, one of the "Anaheim Resort" area hotels. That means Disneyland, folks. We had high hopes, but they were quickly dashed. The Peacock is a Shell Vacation Club property, which means that it's a time share, but it also rents out units. Typically, time shares are pretty nice, and when we opened the door of our suite, we thought "OK". Two king beds, a sleeper sofa in a separate room, ample closet and drawer space, a microwave, coffee maker and a small fridge. Sleeps six (there were four of us). Check-in was a major hassle. We had rented through an owner, and then added two more nights and they didn't have our name down -- the owner's last name and my first name. To resolve this took something like half an hour, and then the "concierge" (translation: time share sales person) began pitching us. We declined as we wanted to get to our room and settle in. We had a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor, but the first thing we noticed was that people smoked on the balcony near our room, which filled the room with the stench of cigarettes. The carpets were stained. And the sales person kept calling us to see if we had received our "welcome package" (actually a couple of coupons for local attractions, a map and information about when the timeshare presentations were held. The real problems started that evening as the sounds of thundering herds of mighty jungle beasts filled the hall (seriously, it was a number of rather chubby small children running up and down the halls on our floor and the floor above.) Then that night, about 11:30, they began running what sounded like laps in the unit directly above us. Doors were slamming, feet were pounding, etc. etc. When we called to complain, we were told we had to know what unit was causing the problem. Days later, we were told that there was no one in our unit (even though we were) and there were more reservation problems. On check-out, they had credited our charges to someone else's credit card and then settled by cash. So, being honest, we had them run the charges on our card. While we are grateful we were able to have a convenient place to stay close to Disney and the freeways, we would never stay at the Peacock again. There are many and much better properties near the Disney area and you would be wise to steer clear of the Peacock, unless you enjoy smoky, sleepless, very noisy nights.

Been to Peacock Suites? Share your experiences!