“Enjoyed our stay!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Enjoyed our stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I felt the need to review this hotel because I was worried to stay here with all the bad reviews I read! Firstly, people would be much better off to do some reading on the hotel website before booking and staying somewhere, all the problems of 'no self parking!' And 'no cleaning service!' Are stated right on the website, so that's not the hotel's fault it's the people who book and stay there seemingly without any research on the hotel at all which I find strange, I never stay somewhere without reading up on it first. Anyways, yes there is no cleaning service unless you stay four nights or more because it is a timeshare hotel. We don't care about that because we never have housekeeping come to any of the rooms when we stay anywhere, call me paranoid but I'd rather have an undone bed than random people in my room with my belongings. Secondly, the valet parking was a blessing because the parking lot was always full and would be very difficult to navigate your car thru to find a parking spot. The breakfast was not the best we've ever had at a hotel but certainly not the worst. We were full every day before heading to disneyland and this really cut down our daily food costs. The bagels and donuts were always fresh, the boiled eggs were hit or miss (some were very over boiled and tasted weird, some were perfect), the yogurt was good and that's about all I tried. We had no issues with noise level in the room. We heard some steps above us but nothing more than we've ever heard in other hotels, we were at the end of the hallway so hearing people in the halls wasn't an issue either. By the way, there's two layouts for the king suites....one has the bathroom right by the door as another reviewer said and didn't like but the other layout had the bathroom in the master bedroom. So if that matters to you, ask ahead of time! Ultimately, we enjoyed our stay and did not have issues with the hotel. We also used the ART shuttle for disneyland and it was great!

Room Tip: If you don't want the bathroom by the entry door, ask for the other layout.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
PeacockManager, Manager at Peacock Suites, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your honest review. We will share these with our staff! We also appreciate your tips for other guests who might want to book with us here at the Peacock Suites. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Andover, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

First, the staff was very friendly. I would rate them as 5 stars. The facility has missed what I would classify as core competencies. My room was not serviced during my stay. This is typically not a big deal since I re-use my towels, etc. But, it is nice to come back to my room with a freshly made bed, trash taken out, etc. I was also frustrated that the vending machines on 3 of the floors was "sold out." Again, not a horrible offence, but it is nice to have the ability to purchase a soda when you want one. My biggest frustration was the reservation process. I took the reservation of a colleague who could not travel. My stay was 2 days shorter than the original reservation. I called the day before my arrival to change the reservation. I was told to notify the front desk upon my arrival. I did so, but was told to call the front desk the night before my departure to confirm. I did so, but was charged for the 2 additional nights. I was frustrated most because in the back of my mind I was telling myself "I knew this would happen." I travel frequently and reservation changes just don't typically work like that. I would not recommend this location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
PeacockManager, Manager at Peacock Suites, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We will be making some changes to our in house processes for reservation changes to ensure that all guest changes and requests are immediately handled. With your feedback we can continue to enhance the guest experience. Thank you for guiding us on what needs improving.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed there with my daughter and 3 grandchildren. What I did like was the room was nicely decorated, it had 2 tv's and 2 DVD players and the beds were very comfortable. Also the staff was very friendly. Now my dislikes. I was unhappy with the pillows they were hard. The walls are very thin. We heard all the conversations in the room next to us and in the hallway. And let's not forget about the alarm clock that went off in the room on the other side of us, we had to call the front desk at 1am to go turn it off. My biggest complaint was no maid service! I love coming back to the room and my bed being maid and the garbage emptied and towels replaced. Luckily the maids were easily found cleaning the rooms of people checking out so I could empty our garbage and exchange towels. Also they charge you 10.00 a night for parking, plus it's valet so you really should tip which is another cost. They do have breakfast but it is continental. Apples, yogurt and hard boiled eggs, the rest are carbs. Also they tried to get us to use the bus to go to Disneyland, it was the same to drive and park. The bus is 5.00 for adults and 3.00 for kids. Parking at the Disneyland lot was 16.00 and the buses come all the time no waiting 30 min for the bus.

All in all this place is NOT worth what we spent.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Peacock Suites S, General Manager at Peacock Suites, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate the time you have taken to offer your honest feedback regarding your recent visit. As a timeshare resort we offer maid service only after your 3rd night with us, this is also part of our ongoing effort to reduce our carbon footprint. However if new towels or trash pickup are needed we are always here to help with that and make your stay a positive memorable experience. We apologize this was an inconvenience and hope to see you and your family again on future visits to Anaheim.
Duncan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

HHhhhhmmmmm......I kinda confused on some of these reviews...I think we are talking about the same place. Peacock Suites in Anaheim?

Anyways, I will talk about our stay. I knew before we went that there was a little construction going on so I asked to have a room as far away from the construction as possible and they accommodated us completely.
Before we arrived, I had asked if I could have a couple of things delivered to the Hotel before we got there and they had no problem at all, and they had my 3 packages waiting for me when we arrived.
We arrived quite late and my little ones were hungry but everything in the hotel was closed. When I called the front desk and asked if there was anything around, the extremely nice girl at the desk asked what I was looking for and I said anything...just something for my little ones to snack on to cure their hungers. She told me to give her a minute and she would see what she could do. about 10 minutes later there was a knock at our door and a security guard handed me a paper bag. Inside the bag was a bunch of snacks, from oatmeal cookies, gummies, trail mix and other goodies.....she even found a couple of disney princess note pads for my little girls. She went out of her way to go round up that stuff for us. That was so sweet.

The room was great....One bedroom with 2 queen beds and a hide-a-bed in the living room. It was everything that you need for a 10 day Disney Vacation. The rooms are small but laid out very well. The beds were comfy, one pillow wasn't comfy but the other was nice.

The pool and hot tubs were nice.

The valets were very kind and helpful.

The Giftshop had lots of great Disney stuff and lower prices than the park and a good selection of medicinal stuff....(i.e...Midol...lol.....children's tylenol and gravol)

The breakfast room was great. Lots of great choices....quick and easy.

The A.R.T. system that takes you to Disney is a very great thing.

To all the staff at the Peacock Suites....especially the girl that made up the goody bag for my girls (you know who you are) Thank you so much for making us feel so welcome. You were all great.

All in all.....I would definitely stay there again and recommend that you give this place a try.

P.S. It sounds like a lot of the complaints in other reviews could of been alleviated by doing a little more research on the locations you choose. A lot of the issues I have read about were in the information section of the confirmation I received when I booked my stay. (i.e...we were fully aware of the valet parking just by visiting their website)

Room Tip: When traveling to any Hotel, always call ahead and ask if there is any construction going on while y...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your visit with us! It is our number one priority to have all of our guests leave with a positive impression and a lasting memory of their time at Peacock Suites. We pride ourselves on service and it is exciting to see that our team was able to create a wonderful moment for you and your family! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit and thank you again for your posting.
Southwest Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

The staff at Peacock suites was outstanding and the whole place is very clean. Disney was a 20 minute walk through a little bit of a sketchy area. The breakfast area was above average with cereal, doughnuts, yogurt, toast, bagels, fruit, juice and coffee. However, the room we were in, after asking for a quiet room, was the loudest room we've ever stayed in. We are timeshare owners and have traded to many places and we stay in hotels often when not using our timeshare units but have never dealt with so much noise. The street noise is awful with nonstop horns, police sirens, screeching tires and cars accelerating trying to make the nearby traffic light. There would be no sound difference if we had slept on a cot in the highway median. We had a room with a large, floor to ceiling, window. The window extended lower than the floor and there was a gap between the units floor and the window; you could have probably passed things between our room and the one below us in the gap. We could hear clearly every word the people below us said due to that gap. There seems to be no soundproofing at all between the walls or floors and if we weren't listening to the people below us, even though they were talking in lowered voices, we could hear every step the ones above us took. There were a couple spots in our floor that felt soft and I'm sure the people below us were annoyed hearing us step in those creeky spots. I wouldn't do it again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, noise from other guests is sometimes out of our control, but none the less we will do everything we can to make sure everyone who stays at the hotel adheres to our posted quiet times. We apologize for your experience and look forward to hosting you and your family on your return visit to Anaheim. Thank you.
Lansing, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

The one bedroom room is simple a Comfort Inn with a partition to create a bedroom and added a sink, refrigerator, and microwave along the wall. Beds are average comfort and the pillow are horrible. The room had an adjoining door to open to make into a suite. That door is not well insulated and the person in the other room kept there TV on all night. I asked customer service to ask them to lower the TV between 2AM and 6AM. Nothing happened. I have never had a problem with adjoining door letting in noise as clear as if the door was open. Consequently, no real sleep. I asked again but again nothing happened. The room had been recently remodeled so it was clean. The floor pattern was crazy weird. The hall door opened between the vanity and the shower/toilet area. So if you were dressing or naked, when someone opened the door a huge mirror allowed anyone in the hall passing to see. The pool was cloudy and had a super strong smell of Chlorine. Continental breakfast was super carb with only hard boiled eggs and oatmeal being the healthiest. If you are looking for a workout area, FORGET IT at this place. One VERY cheap treadmill and one weight station with very limited exercise potential and in a very tiny room. There is a Planet Fitness about 1.2 miles. Although we did not do Disneyland, they do have a shuttle that goes to the park. I did not use it. Disneyland is a mile away. The one bedroom is for two people and limited space to use draws and hang things. More people would mean lots of stuff all over. Hide a bed couch in living area. They have valet parking and the sign says,'Valet Parking Available' making you think you have a choice. Well you do not have a choice and it is $10 a day. At no time were we made aware of that extra charge and it was not found on their website and if it is it is not noticeable. The parking staff, provided by a outside company, was excellent. All parking is tight spacing. We were trading a timeshare week and what we got was a Comfort Inn. When we left, we had to stay at a Comfort Inn in Minnesota and it was the identical room. Not staying there again. Not worth the cost at least for the one bedroom and the sleep quality of noise between rooms with zero sound proof between doors for suite options.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Yucaipa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I should start by saying that I should be more upset that Hotwire had this place rated as the 3 star hotel with...95% customer recommended! Unreal. Can't believe that TripAdvisor has it rated so high either. In fact, I can't understand ANYONE recommending this place after what I just witnessed with my own eyes (AND EARS). Based on the rates I wasn't expecting this place to be on the same level as Embassy Suites, but DAAAANG!!! It took the word "suite" to a new low. I will break this place down for both the experience with customer service, hotel amenities, and then the rooms.

Customer Service - Nothing bad to complain about here. They all were friendly, helpful and efficient. Enough said on that, because that's were the experience takes a nose dive.

Rooms - This has to be the absolute worst built hotel I have ever been to. From the outside, the hotel has a somewhat inviting look. But you have to consider it is located between a Motel 6 and a 7-11 and right next to the 5 Freeway. As with Disneyland, facades are deceiving. This place must have used scrap plywood and hammered a few nails here and there when they built the walls and floors. There is absolutely no soundproofing whatsoever! Every pitter patter of the feet of the guests staying in the room directly above our room could be heard in deafening detail. Not only did the floor above us creak and crackle incessantly throughout the night, but ours did too so I felt bad for the poor saps in the room below ours because even treading lightly is no use. Creak, creak, crackle, bump, bump. That's all you hear. It didn't help matters that the family in the room above ours were constantly walking around. Maybe they decided to play a two hour game of Nerf basketball, because that's what it sounded like non-stop throughout most of the night. Add the freeway noise and cars and trucks buzzing by and you feel like you simply pulled off the side of the road and decided to sleep in your car. What a night!

The rooms are cramped. They are technically suites because the master is separated by a wall to the living space. However, our door would not stay shut and the door kept popping open when we tried to shut it. The other odd thing is the rooms have a full set of plates and silverware, a microwave, and a toaster. What is concerning is there is no kitchen sink or dishwasher which makes me wonder how many dirty plates have been washed in the bathroom sink or tub...not something I want to think about.

Speaking of bathroom, there was water damage around the tub. The wallpaper was peeling and the drywall was already rotting. There is nowhere to turn in the bathroom if you are trying to get ready with someone else. The moron designers put a door that opens right in front of the sink so you have to fully walk out of the bathroom first in order for someone else to get in. The toilet reminded me of a toilet on an airplane. Same loud noise and suction action. Another thing to add to the noise since you could hear toilets being flushed and tubs being filled in the rooms above, below, besides, and across the hall. I'm not kidding.

The hotel seems like it could have been built as a hybrid of a parking ramp and a hotel. Parts of each floor you walk outside and parts are inside. The pool area is a cement jungle. No sun except one little sliver of a space around the far west side. There is a sun deck, but it was closed due to renovation. Too bad, I probably could have slept there and had a better experience.

There is a breakfast room on the first floor. Don't get excited by the thought of a free breakfast. It is just a bunch of dried out breads and pastries along with every family heaping them onto their plate thinking they just scored because they saved $30 on breakfast. After you realize what low quality the food is (no hot food...just a microwave and toaster to heat up some generic Eggo's and bagels), you will understand free isn't always that good of a thing.

I learned that Wyndham is buying this dump as part of a buyout of Shell Hospitality, it's current owner. I don't know what the Wyndham can do to this place to fix the shoddy construction of the walls and floors. They may as well level the place and start over. I would gladly help. Heck, I'd even rent the bulldozer with my own money.

I would highly advise staying somewhere else if you are headed to Anaheim. You've been warned.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your honest feedback, it is our goal to exceed our guest’s expectations and continue to provide a wonderful vacation. I want to offer my deepest apologies for your experiences with us on your most recent trip to Anaheim. Although several of the comments were geared toward the building and design layout, i will meet with my team to address any areas we feel we could have improved. Thank you again for your comments and hopefully we will have a chance to provide you with amazing service as we have been noted!

Been to Peacock Suites? Share your experiences!