“Can't beat the location! ” 4 of 5 stars

You added Tropicana Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Tropicana Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1540 S Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #44 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
“Can't beat the location! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

If you're not looking for a 5 star resort, within walking distance from Disneyland, this hotel is for you. This past visit was my fourth time staying at this hotel and I will stay again! You cannot beat how close it is to the park. The rooms are a little outdated, but the beds are comfy and the staff on top of everything. Housekeeping was super nice and even left little flower towels in the bathroom.
Only complaint is they took away the breakfast. :-( But, there is plenty to eat around where the hotel is, not to mention the park, plus a little shop with OJ, coffee and anything else you might need on your stay. Expect to pay a little bit, but that's all due to the location. Even IHOP is going to cost a bit more than normal.
If you are driving, try to check in around noon to 5pm. I have found that parking has been tricky (tight and a good walk from our room) if we get there after 5pm (this trip we checked in at 9pm, we're very lucky to get a spot). But, for the additional $9, I felt like my car was safe and secure. No issues other than not being able to park in front of the room, but that's only tricky with unloading and loading.
One last thing: if you want a view of the fireworks, book a suite. My parents did and we watched the fireworks from their balcony 2x. Great view!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Patricia C, Manager at Tropicana Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us here at the Tropicana Inn and Suites. We appreciate your comments and feedback. Thank you for being a loyal guest and we look forward to being of service to you again next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Magnetic Island, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Tropicana Inn is located almost opposite the entrance gates to Disneyland. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. They ave a "corner store" where you can purchase groceries, basic medicinal items, souvenirs, alcohol and a cafe. No dining room but only yards from Ihop, Denny's, McDonalds as well as Downtown Disney.. Rooms are slightly older but very clean and comfortable. If visiting Disneyland, this establishment is ideal for all your needs.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your compliments and feedback. Customer service is extremely important to us here at the Tropicana Inn and Suites and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again next time!
Bothell, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We visit Disneyland park at least twice a year and have since 2007. We have tried several other hotels on Harbor Avenue and have found Tropicana to be our favorite. The rooms are always clean and the staff is always helpful. They recognize us when we check in and treat us like family. I work in the hotel business so I understand what it takes to keep things rolling along. Some places really need to work on presentation and paying attention to what the guest is saying. The staff at the Tropicana does this very well and we really appreciate it. That being said, going on vacation from a business hotel to a resort property hotel is an enlightening experience. I'll stick with a business hotel to work in.

Thank you Tropicana for always making our stay pleasant! We'll see you again in the fall.
The Hawks

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Patricia C, Manager at Tropicana Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Hawk Family,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and you are right! You are like family to us. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to having the fine privilege of seeing you again on your next visit to Anaheim.

Warmest regards,
Norton, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had nothing but wonderful people to deal with, from reservations on up. It is an older hotel, but clean and comfortable. We rented 5 rooms for a wedding in the area and was very pleased. A short walk to Disneyland and close to ihop so my family was happy!

Room Tip: Book early, rates change fast!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Patricia C, Manager at Tropicana Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Catlinn2014,

We are pleased you and your wedding party group enjoyed their stay at the Tropicana Inn & Suites. It's guests like you that make our jobs enjoyable and rewarding. We look forward to having the privilege of extending our hospitality to you on your next visit to the Disneyland area.

Warmest regards,
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

It was our annual Disneyland trip. The Best Western was booked so we booked our rooms at theTropicana next door. The rooms are smaller, but clean. The convenience store underwent renovations and is very nice including a coffee shop with just about anything you may need or forgot. It's right across the street from the main entrance so convenient. Just wish the rooms were a little bigger. They know families are cramming themselves in these rooms. If we needed a roller bed, it would not have fit unlike the rooms at the Best Western. Would I stay there again...only if I couldn't find accommodations elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your honest review....We take comments such as yours very seriously. Rollaway beds do get tight in some of our guest rooms. The square footage in our guest rooms do vary and we apologize that you were less than satisfied. Other than the size of the room we hope you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Tropicana Inn & Suites and had a great vacation making a lot of Disney Memories to cherish.

Best Regards,
Gresham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I always check trip advisor before booking a hotel and I have stayed at several hotels near Disneyland over the years but this trip I was looking for an affordable hotel that was close to the park as I did not want a long walk or to take the ART. I booked through southwest vacations and so my choices were limited to what they had available. I was a little hesitant in booking this hotel due to some of the reviews I read. Let me just start off by saying that I would stay here again. I stayed here for 3 nights with my family of 5. Some say the rooms are small and yea they aren’t huge however it was plenty of room for my family (we had a double queen room and our kids range 5-12), it’s not like you spend a lot of time in your room. The room was clean and I have an eye for detail with that stuff. When we first got into our room I noticed there was no shower curtain so when we left for dinner I mentioned it to the front desk, they apologized and when we came back there was a shower curtain. The next morning the toilet was leaking a little bit and the tub was having a hard time draining. We mentioned it when we left for the park and they asked if it would be ok to send maintenance in, we said no problem and when we got back it was all fixed and there was never any issue with it. Little things like this are bound to happen and I was very pleased with the quick and efficient response time. All of the staff from the front desk to the housekeeping was all very friendly and nice. We used the pool several times and it was clean and nice as well. There was one time we used the pool and there were no towels when we got there but within 5 minutes here came a big refill of towels, so they keep an eye on that stuff. Also I have seen reviews of housekeeping not coming in and cleaning up while people stayed and we never had that problem, obviously they probably do the rooms that people are checking out of so that they can get new people in first but we always got ours cleaned with new towels etc. My only complaint is that our room was right outside of a smoking area and you could smell smoke through the AC unit which I didn’t care for. I’m sure if I had said something we likely could have been moved but it wasn’t worth moving our stuff. I just know next time I stay I will ask to stay away from any smoking areas. I also did not hear any noise from any other rooms (we were on the first floor). Our refrigerator and microwave worked great. If you are looking for an affordable place with close proximity to the park I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Patricia C, Manager at Tropicana Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Cecilia,

It is always a pleasure to receive comments such as yours and we greatly appreciate the time taken to write this review highlighting on the quality of service you and your family experienced during your most recent visit. Our guests are of the utmost importance and we strive to assure that each guest checks out of the Tropicana Inn & Suites with pleasant and fond memories.

Our Designated Smoking area is located on the ground level at the front of the property on a small patio. I would like to suggest for your next visit to "Happiest Place on Earth", one of our third floor rooms that offer a fantastic view of the famous fireworks presentation from the outside corridor.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have the privilege of seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Enjoy your summer!
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

The location is great, right across from Disney - fair walk across the street. The rooms are a bit small for 4 people. Beds are comfortable. Place is quiet and clean. McDonalds is right around the corner for a quick breakfast before going to the parks. We'd be happy to come back here the next time that we go back to Disneyland.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive and memorable experience during your most recent visit to the Tropicana Inn and Suites. We are glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and we look forward to being of service to you next time!

Been to Tropicana Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!