“The people are wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Tropicana Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1540 S Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #44 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Norton, Kansas
“The people are wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had nothing but wonderful people to deal with, from reservations on up. It is an older hotel, but clean and comfortable. We rented 5 rooms for a wedding in the area and was very pleased. A short walk to Disneyland and close to ihop so my family was happy!

Room Tip: Book early, rates change fast!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Patricia C, Manager at Tropicana Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Catlinn2014,

We are pleased you and your wedding party group enjoyed their stay at the Tropicana Inn & Suites. It's guests like you that make our jobs enjoyable and rewarding. We look forward to having the privilege of extending our hospitality to you on your next visit to the Disneyland area.

Warmest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

It was our annual Disneyland trip. The Best Western was booked so we booked our rooms at theTropicana next door. The rooms are smaller, but clean. The convenience store underwent renovations and is very nice including a coffee shop with just about anything you may need or forgot. It's right across the street from the main entrance so convenient. Just wish the rooms were a little bigger. They know families are cramming themselves in these rooms. If we needed a roller bed, it would not have fit unlike the rooms at the Best Western. Would I stay there again...only if I couldn't find accommodations elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Patricia C, Manager at Tropicana Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for your honest review....We take comments such as yours very seriously. Rollaway beds do get tight in some of our guest rooms. The square footage in our guest rooms do vary and we apologize that you were less than satisfied. Other than the size of the room we hope you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Tropicana Inn & Suites and had a great vacation making a lot of Disney Memories to cherish.

Best Regards,
Gresham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I always check trip advisor before booking a hotel and I have stayed at several hotels near Disneyland over the years but this trip I was looking for an affordable hotel that was close to the park as I did not want a long walk or to take the ART. I booked through southwest vacations and so my choices were limited to what they had available. I was a little hesitant in booking this hotel due to some of the reviews I read. Let me just start off by saying that I would stay here again. I stayed here for 3 nights with my family of 5. Some say the rooms are small and yea they aren’t huge however it was plenty of room for my family (we had a double queen room and our kids range 5-12), it’s not like you spend a lot of time in your room. The room was clean and I have an eye for detail with that stuff. When we first got into our room I noticed there was no shower curtain so when we left for dinner I mentioned it to the front desk, they apologized and when we came back there was a shower curtain. The next morning the toilet was leaking a little bit and the tub was having a hard time draining. We mentioned it when we left for the park and they asked if it would be ok to send maintenance in, we said no problem and when we got back it was all fixed and there was never any issue with it. Little things like this are bound to happen and I was very pleased with the quick and efficient response time. All of the staff from the front desk to the housekeeping was all very friendly and nice. We used the pool several times and it was clean and nice as well. There was one time we used the pool and there were no towels when we got there but within 5 minutes here came a big refill of towels, so they keep an eye on that stuff. Also I have seen reviews of housekeeping not coming in and cleaning up while people stayed and we never had that problem, obviously they probably do the rooms that people are checking out of so that they can get new people in first but we always got ours cleaned with new towels etc. My only complaint is that our room was right outside of a smoking area and you could smell smoke through the AC unit which I didn’t care for. I’m sure if I had said something we likely could have been moved but it wasn’t worth moving our stuff. I just know next time I stay I will ask to stay away from any smoking areas. I also did not hear any noise from any other rooms (we were on the first floor). Our refrigerator and microwave worked great. If you are looking for an affordable place with close proximity to the park I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Patricia C, Manager at Tropicana Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Cecilia,

It is always a pleasure to receive comments such as yours and we greatly appreciate the time taken to write this review highlighting on the quality of service you and your family experienced during your most recent visit. Our guests are of the utmost importance and we strive to assure that each guest checks out of the Tropicana Inn & Suites with pleasant and fond memories.

Our Designated Smoking area is located on the ground level at the front of the property on a small patio. I would like to suggest for your next visit to "Happiest Place on Earth", one of our third floor rooms that offer a fantastic view of the famous fireworks presentation from the outside corridor.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have the privilege of seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Enjoy your summer!
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

The location is great, right across from Disney - fair walk across the street. The rooms are a bit small for 4 people. Beds are comfortable. Place is quiet and clean. McDonalds is right around the corner for a quick breakfast before going to the parks. We'd be happy to come back here the next time that we go back to Disneyland.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive and memorable experience during your most recent visit to the Tropicana Inn and Suites. We are glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and we look forward to being of service to you next time!
Central Coast, NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed at the Tropicana Inn & Suites for 3 nights in May. The motel is extremely handy for Disneyland as it is just across the road from the main gates. The room was a good size with a comfortable bed, a good bathroom and fridge and microwave. There is a store attached to the motel which sells a good range of items and there are plenty of restaurants within a stones throw of the rooms.

I may be going back to Disneyland in the not too distant future and would be very happy to return to the Tropicana Inn and Suites

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Customer service is extremely important to us here at the Tropicana Inn and Suites and we enjoyed the privilege of extending out warm hospitality to you during your most recent stay. We value your comments and look forward to being of service to you again in the future!
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

My daughter and I recently stayed here. This was our second time at this property having stayed here with the whole family 14 years before. The location, across the street from Disneyland is the best! We had no complaints at all about the motel. Check in was smooth, our room was basic but very clean, we had two queen sized beds and we were very comfortable. The room was quiet, we never heard our neighbours, above or beside us. The little store at the front of the motel 'The Cove' is awesome, providing basically anything you may need and good coffee. In the room we had a small fridge and a microwave which was very convenient. Our room was cleaned daily at an appropriate time and there were always lots of fluffy large towels provided. The pool was great, especially on the hot days while we were there to cool off in. Overall a very positive experience and I would recommend this property to anybody who doesn't need fancy and is looking for good value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
It's always a pleasure to read such complimentary comments. We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy taking a dip in our pool and getting snacks at The Cove Market. We value your comments and hope to see you again next time!
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed here for 7 nights while on a dance around the world trip in April 2014. Its very handy just across the road from Disney but the rooms are so basic. There are 2 double beds rather small but comfy there is a small bathroom with toilet and shower in the bath and then the sink is outside the bathroom which was strange. Tiny room. we had to jam a fold away bed in the corner next to the a/c unit so we couldn't turn that on at night as that person froze to death so it got really stuffy. We were also charged about US$27 per night for that crap foldaway, you could buy one for $50!! I would not recommend this hotel, look at the others first.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments. The Dance Around the World group had preassigned rooms so that everyone could be together. All of our rooms have 2 Queen Beds with the exception of two ADA rooms with roll in showers that do have 2 Double beds. The remaining rooms have 1 King bed, 1 queen bed, and there are kitchen suites that have the double queen combo and single king. After reviewing the group block, all rooms for Around the World Dance had rooms with 2 Queen beds. Rollaway beds are $20.00 per night plus 17% city tax. Upon request, we would have been happy to move you to a different room away from the group in order to fit the extra bed and make it more comfortable. Please give us another try on your next visit to the states and we will personally assist you with accommodations to suit your needs.

Best regards,

Been to Tropicana Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!