“Amazing staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #58 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
“Amazing staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a Robotics Competition early up late in. What a deal to wake up get breakfast and come "home" to a clean room and flat screen tv. For a great price. The cleaning staff was professional and thorough. This is an older hotel and we could hear the kids next door but nothing too loud you can't go to sleep. Shannon at the front desk was astounding. She held our luggage after we checked out and went walking around. The landscaping and gardens are beautiful and worth the stay. Thank you Quality inn for making oir trip a great one.

• Stayed April 2012
GMQualityInn, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for the kind words about your recent stay. I must congratulate your team for coming in first place! We are so proud of all of you and the hard work and dedication that you have shown. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to another win next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

This is a basic hotel, nothing fancy, but then who spends a lot of time in their room while visiting Disneyland. It was clean with comfortable beds, microwave and refrigerator. One of our rooms had no hot water the first morning but it was fine the rest of our stay. The room with two queen beds had plenty of room for an inflatable bed. There's no elevator to the second floor. The complimentary breakfast was good. You have some road noise but it dies down at night. It's a 10 minute walk to the Disneyland hotel which leads to both parks so you can take a break mid day if you want to. There is a small store with beverages, snacks and the small foam ice chests you can take into the park right next door along with a Denny's and a great Pizza place.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the street are quieter. There's no elevator so go for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
GMQualityInn, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We love to hear about all of our guests experiences and are grateful for any suggestions made. We look forward to your next visit.
loomis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Family of 5 with youngest at 8yrs old. We travel to DLand about every 2-3yrs and have always stayed across the road from the park entrance. The location was great for getting quickly into DLand, however the cost has always been around $130/night. WHen we tried reserving this year, the cost jumped to $180/night. That's why we reserved at the Quality Inn. Initially, we were concerned about the switch because even on a budget, we did not want to be in a bad hotel for 6 nights!! I can tell you, the Quality Inn is every bit as nice as our prior Hotel (Park Place), and a lot less expense. You're not getting DisneyLand quality, but it's a clean hotel and close enough to the park to walk.
We spent 6 days at the hotel (daughter had a volleyball tournment for 3 days and we spent 3 days at DLand). We upgraded our room to the "suite" as we had 5 in the room. The suite package provided us a little larger room with fold out bed. The larger room allowed us to bring in 2 ice chest and a small folding table (our plan was to eat a few meals in our room and it worked out well). The room was clean, with no issues of "non-working" items. The TV was a 32" LCD (although we did not watch much TV). Small pool and spa, which was fine for the kids to get wet. The continental breakfast was actually better than the prior hotel we stayed at. Eggs, sasuage, waffle maker, toast, donuts, oatmeal,fruit, and the other standand stuff you'll find in a continental spread. The breakfast is served from 6-930am in the lobby. They did a good job keepign everything stocked. The lobby is small and gets busy starting around 745am. By 815am, it's really busy, so if you can get down there by 7am, you'll have more room to get what you want. They did not seem to mind that we took items back to our room. There should be no need to want more out of a continental breakfast. There's one ice machine on ground floor and worked fine. We used it to keep our ice chest cool. The beds come with 4 small pillows. If you want more, ask right when you check in as they run out of extra fast. Getting to DLand is a solid 15min walk (expect 20-25 if you have little ones). You'll go thru Grand Calif and then thru the Disney mall. It was close enough for us that each day, we went back to the hotel for lunch and short nap, then went back to teh park so we made this walk a few times. If this might be a challenge for your family, just load everyone in the car and drop off at Grand Ca. Have dad take car back to hotel, and he can walk back and meet up with everyone. The Grand Ca does not seem to mind the extra traffic as many people take this path. In summary, everyone has their own hangups about specific things that they are willing to deal with (which is why the reviews are all over the map), however, from our experience with other hotels around the park, they are all around the same age and condition. Spending an extra $50/night is not getting you a better setup. I can't say you won't be disappointed, however, you should not fear reserving this hotel for your stay. Upgrade to the suite and get an upstairs room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Kingwood, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

We had booked a 3 night stay but left after 1. We arrived on 03-15 with the intention of going to Disneyland for 2 days. Upon arrival in our room, we immediately noticed that the carpet was filthy. There was a crusty white stain on the carpet in front of the refrigerator that I'm hoping was milk. The carpets were disgusting and felt grimey. Our feet turned black after less than 5 minutes walking around without our shoes on (this is not an exaggeration). The room smelled musty. I notified the front desk of this problem and was told that there were no more rooms and they were sold out. I immediately cancelled the next 2 nights of our stay. The young man at the front desk tried to explain that possibly the "shampoo was not rinsed out of the carpet completely" when they recently cleaned them. I assured him these carpets had not been cleaned anytime recently and reminded him about the stain. I explained my concern was that I have a child with respiratory problems. At that point he offered to find us a room at one of their affiliates. My family was exhausted and we opted to stay but told the clerk if my son began to have problems we would move. Fortunately, my son's asthma didn't flare up.

The walls were so paper thin that we could hear the baby next door crying all night, which kept my husband and myself up most of the night, then we were awakened at 6:30AM by the sound of screaming children that weren't ours, rather the one's next door. When I pulled the sheets back to get up in the morning, I found old blood stains on the sheets. If you are looking for a hotel in the Disneyland area, pay a little bit more and stay somewhere else, anywhere else!

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else! Traveler beware!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights in January 2012. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and kind in taking our last minute booking when we arrived.
This is a two star hotel. Don't expect anything fancy and you will not be disappointed. We were happy with our accomodation, a room on the ground floor. The bedroom was in need of a makeover, and the wardrobe was broken, but otherwise it was clean and neat. The bathroom was designed for disability access and was huge. It had been recently renovated and looked lovely. The area was quiet and we slept well.
Breakfast is for those who love sugar and carbs. A lot of donuts, and similar pastry products on offer. There was some fruit and yoghurt for healthy choices.
The location is the real key to this hotel. It is across the road from the Disneyland Hotel and Parks. The nice lady at the front desk showed us the short cut through the Disney car park to the main gate. The total walk time to the park gates is only 9 mins, only 3 mins difference than if you were staying in the Disneyland Resort. The money you save by leaving your car at the hotel is well worth it. There are restaurants also within walking distance from the hotel. We would stay here again, as it is good value for those who want more to spend at the parks.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stayed here while in town for business. I stayed in two different rooms over two separate weeks. I knew I wasn't staying at the Marriott, so my expectations weren't very high. This hotel exceeded my expectations! The rooms were clean and provided everything I needed. The breakfast was a decent continental breakfast. The keyword is CONTINENTAL. If you expect eggs, bacon, sausage, etc., you need to look for a place that provides a HOT breakfast. I was able to find something to fit my need every morning. The WiFi signal was poor in the room I was in at the rear of the hotel, which was disappointing. However, my second room in the front of the hotel had a good WiFi signal. The pool was heated and comfortable to swim in during the cool winter month. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a clean place on a budget!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Branson, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Okay, I have stayed here before, and Id was very disappointed in them the first time. But with a big convention in town, this was the only hotel we could find under $100 a night with a breakfast, so we crossed our fingers and gave them another chance. Overall, pretty good stay. The pool and hot tub were clean (although there was so much chlorine in the hot tub that my skin felt like it was getting sandpapered off) and our room was very clean and though a little older, pretty well maintained. The walls are very thin though, so expect to hear every move your neighbors make. Let's just say I was very grateful that the baby next door didn't start to cry until we were already up.
Staff was nice, the off part was...breakfast.
Okay, first of all, I admit to being on a low carb diet. I don't, however, expect a hotel to cater to my needs and have tons of bacon and or sausage or anything to get me started in the morning. Usually, there is something that I can have be it eggs or yogurt, just SOMETHING. This hotel had carbs carbs and more carbs. I finally found one lonely little tub of sugar packed yogurt and that was the best they had to offer. No eggs, no sausage, no bacon--they did have corn dogs...yes,...microwaveable corn dogs for breakfast. Out of desperation, my husband finally ate one of those. and the carbs weren't ... well... quality either. The "fresh fruit" basket was full of vintage selections at best. The apples were small and honestly looked like they had been sitting in the basket for a couple of weeks.
would I stay here again? Possibly, if none of the other choice hotels were available for a reasonable price. and, I was much more impressed with these guys then I was last time, but if you are expecting a good quality breakfast with your room, go somewhere else--unless you like corn dogs.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
GMQualityInn, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
I am pleased to announce that our "normal" breakfast is back. We were in the process of adding a kitchen to the property and were temporarily prohibited from serving any food that was prepared. We have completed the project and have now begun serving eggs and sausage once again. This time we added the waffle irons due to many suggestions from our guests. We are also considering breakfast burritos (pending guest feedback). I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again and give us your thoughts about what else we can improve or add.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park? Share your experiences!