“Not A Very Good Best Western” 2 of 5 stars

Anaheim Hills Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5710 E La Palma Ave, Anaheim, CA 92807-2230   |
Ranked #98 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Philadelphia
“Not A Very Good Best Western”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2007

I booked this hotel through Priceline. It ws supposed to be a 2 1/2 star hotel but wasn't. When I found out that Priceline booked me at a Best Western I was pleased. I've stayed at a few in the past and was happy with them. This property is not deserving of the Best Western name.

I'm smiling as I read the reviews left by others because I've experienced many of the same thngs as other's did. They saved me the time of writing of writing the same review.

By the way, the web site said they had high speed internet. They do bu only a few rooms can pick up the wireless signal. I was lucky enough to pick up the signal from Keno's restaurant across the parking lot!

• Liked — My room was close to my parking space
  • Disliked — Most everything, actually
  • Stayed February 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Gig Harbor, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2007

Previous reviewers tended to dislike this place, so I was prepared to be deeply disappointed. Instead, I found nothing major to complain about.

I checked in for a New Years' stay and anticipated beat up rooms and hallways and lots of noise. What I got was much nicer. There is plenty of free parking close to your room. I perceived no unusual odors in the hallways at all...they are exposed to the outside so any aromas probably wafted in from the neighborhood!

My room was clean and in good repair. There was one stain on the carpet (appeared to be from a beverage spilled some time ago) but no other problems. The bed was very, very comfortable; I slept like a baby all four nights!

The only downsides were a strange choice of channels on the TV: Three HBOs, two ESPNs but no trace of the Weather Channel, LA's channel 9 or even PBS. Also, while a soft-drink vending machine and an ice machine were nearby, both machines were broken. The office staff weren't terribly friendly and didn't appear to know much english, but they did their jobs well and effieciently...this is a trait throughout Southern California, however.

This BW is fine for this area. If you're going to Anaheim to visit the Disney parks, there are far, far better choices closer to the parks. If, like me, you're visiting family in the Anaheim Hills, Yorba Linda or Placentia area, this place is just fine.

• Liked — An excellent location for Northern Orange County; not so much for the theme parks.
  • Disliked — Broken vending and ice machines; difficult exiting the property, going the WRONG way down La Palma!
  • Tips/Secrets — If you're bringing pets, be sure to mention this in your reservation!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Alberta, CAN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2006

We booked this motel because family members who lived nearby thought it would be a convenient location in relation to their place as well as all the theme parks. They were right about it being fairly convenient to their place, and I see in other posts that people had mentioned the close proximity to the freeway, shopping centre and nearby restaurants. HOWEVER - this motel is one that I would never recommend to anyone. The passageways are dark and smelled of something I never could quite put my finger on, possibly a cross between mold and urine?? The pool was not clean, not even my completely easy going two year old would venture into it. The room itself was a good size, but I would hope so as it was a 'suite'. The second bed in the room (sofabed) was not made nor was there anything to make it with; when we requested sheets we had to go to the front desk to pick them up and make the bed ourselves. Not once during our three days was the sofabed attended to. The sheets and other bedding was in poor repair and I lost count of the cigarette burns in all of the bedding. The carpet looked to be old and poorly maintained, although it may not have been that old, just well worn possibly. On the upside, the housekeeping staff seemed to do as best they could with what they were given (with the exception of the sofabed). The rooms were also much quieter than I expected due to the close proximity to the well travelled roads and freeways. I think if the bedding was replaced and some maintenance to the rooms done, as well as possibly some pool cleaning it would be a better place to stay. As it is right now, it is worth nowhere near what they charge per night. It's also not really that close to the theme parks if you're in any kind of traffic. The distance to the parks is quite deceiving if you have no idea what kind of traffic you are venturing into. Ten or twelve miles is nothing on a normal highway with normal traffic - you don't get either in the Anaheim area. Really, for the price we paid for that room, I wished I'd have stayed at a Good Neighbour Hotel and driven to visit the relatives.

• Stayed April 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2006

Under $200 dollars for three nights, 20 minutes to Disneyland area, restaurants, fast food, grocery store right across the street. Clean and well maintained. Right near the freeway. Front desk extremely helpful with directions and information. Continental Breakfast was more than adequate. What more could you ask for.

• Stayed April 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2006

We were in town for a dog show with 2 dogs. The room was large enough that even with 2 crates getting around was easy even for 2 women in 1 room. There is just about any type of food restaurants within just a couple blocks of the hotel and plenty of grass areas for the dogs (remember to pick up after yourself, so they don't mind us coming back). And if you forgot something there is a shopping center right across the street. Room was clean, and generally in good repair. I do wish they allowed the continental breakfast to be taken back to the room. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed March 2006
los angeles, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2005

Luckily, my boyfriend and I only slept here and didn't spend much time other than that. We were in town for a wedding and we needed something close so we could sleep, instead of driving home. It's a very dated, dark hotel, not much to look at, although the reception makes it look grand. This hotel has a lot of potential, but right now it's slightly below average. The hotel room we stayed in way big and it faced the freeway. It wasn't too clean, and the sheets and pillows were dirty. Ample parking though.

• Stayed August 2004
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2005

This Best Western was substandard, at best. When we arrived it looked as though there were only a few people checked in, but it seemed we were given the worse room they had. It was on at the back end of the complex, on a corner where a lot of people moved through. There was an ironing board in the room, but no iron. When I ask for one at the front desk, (the phone did not work), the girl said that housekeeping wasn't there at that hour and I could get one in the morning after the time we planned to leave for the day. There wasn’t an apology for the phone not working and no offer to make it right. They advertise a Continental Breakfast, but didn't tell us where to find it or what time it was. We have stayed at a lot of Best Westerns and although the price was affordable for the distance from the parks, we cannot recommend it.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Anaheim Hills Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!