“great for big group/family” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #23 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
San Jose, California
“great for big group/family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

we got the penthouse, 1 king bed on the LOFT & 2 queen bed, living room, full kitchen, 2 full bathroom. The service and the place was very relaxing as if you are just in your own home. I only have 2 concern. On the LOFT area, AC is not reaching it or not enough to cool the area. I needed to request for an electric fan to circulate, although they do have a ceiling fan in the living room was not very helpful at all. Second concern: On the LOFT area - not good if you are traveling with a toddler. SAFETY issue. The head of the bed over looking the living room was very scary if you have a toddler / kids. I have to switch bed with my sister and end up staying on the 1st floor. Otherwise, we are all responsible with our kids safety.
Surrounding or Environment was quiet, PET FRIENDLY, breakfast buffet was great and has a bigger area. WIFI free .

Room Tip: any room I guess
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear isawlulu,

Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. Our team strives to make you feel at home while you stay with us, so I am very pleased to hear you felt just that!

I understand the concerns you have with the loft of the Penthouse Suite. Since heat rises, there is a temperature difference between the upstairs and downstairs areas of the suite. In order to accommodate guests who feel warmth upstairs, we offer portable fans for guests to use. We have also anticipated parents’ safety concerns when it comes to the open loft area. To prepare for that, we have baby gates to loan out to guests which are located at the front desk upon request. For guests who still do not feel comfortable with the layout of the Penthouse Suite, our property has a Two-Bedroom suite. The Two-Bedroom suite is a one-floor suite that, just like the penthouse suite, can accommodate up to 8 people, and is a great option for families with toddlers.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly appreciate and value you as our guest. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next Anaheim visit!

rsmith@rimhospitality.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Hayward, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Travelling with a 4yr old, choose this hotel for the kitchen. Studio room was spacious. Kitchen with utensils was great. Breakfast was very good. Parking is right in front of the room. Short drive to Disneyland. Restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: stayed on the second floor, no issues.
Dear saravanan b,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our studio suite to be comfortable and a perfect fit for you and your 4 year old. Our suites are about 50% larger than the standard hotel room, and as you mentioned, have full size kitchens that are equipped with cookware and dining sets.

Thank you again for your review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Anaheim Resort Area!

California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Today (6/22/2013) I checked this place to see if they had make the "promised" changes, but it seems our previous issues with this place still exist and the manager is still making the same lame excuses. We made the mistake in summer 2012 of choosing this Residence Inn because we were traveling as a family with a 90-year-old and two children. I trusted the Marriott name, it turns out Residence Inns are franchises that carry the Marriott brand name. Marriott NEEDS TO REMOVE THIS INN FROM THEIR BRANDING!

When we complained about the huge holes in the pull-out sofa, we were told there were foam cushions that could be delivered right away, this was at 1am, they offered 2 cushions because this is a common complaint according to the person who delivered the cushions. The front desk manager said the pull-out sofas were going to be the first thing replaced when they remodeled soon. BTW, that is the oft repeated excuse, "we will be remodeling soon."

Since I was on Trip Advisor today to look up another hotel, I thought I would check back the current reviews of this property. No surprise, the exact same complaints about peeling wallpaper, mold in bathrooms, filthy furniture etc etc etc continue. The manager are quick to put rebuttals on this page, but when the guest has check out, it seems none of the issues that were reported have changed with the "planned remodel."

I will again say this is NOT Marriott quality. Marriott should remove their branding. I still have the photos of the moldy bathroom tile, ceiling, floor and walls. The wall paper is hanging off the walls, the rubber baseboards in the bathroom are holding up the sagging wallpaper, the floor was buckled under the bathroom sink.

The sliding pocket door between the closet vanity area and the bedroom got stuck on two occasions while we were staying there. It was clear that it had been stuck before because their were black greasy fingerprints at the top edge and sides of the door where maintenance had tried to fix the door. I complained vehemently to the manager, who was of course full of apologies and assured me the "suite" would be taken out of inventory before someone like my older mother got trapped inside the area. The manager also claimed the mold, filth, wallpaper, buckling floor et al would be repaired in the "upcoming remodel" when the high-season ended. They also removed the charges for the stay. After all her assurances, I removed my previous review that included photos and description of the terrible conditions at this place.

If you can tolerate mold, filth, unsafe conditions and b.s. excuses from management, then stay here but you should pay more than the lowest rate in the cheapest motel in this location. Expect the worst, you'll will receive it.

Room Tip: Expect a crowded, very small, cloudy pool. Laundry and garbage carts blocking walkways. Stinky, smel...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Forevermemories,

I would like to extend to you our sincerest apologies that we did not meet your expectations for a second time. Given the circumstances of your experience, I strongly recommend you contact our General Manager, Rosa Cook, directly. You can reach her by phone at 714-782-0045, or by email at rcook@rimhospitality.com.

Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Have stayed at 4 other hotels 'just down from Disneyland' and this by far is the best. I booked a studio for my family of 4, but after four days on the road needed some more space. Front desk was able to move us into a one bedroom. The rooms have been well used, but where clean and having fridge and kitchen for food made our trip so much easier (kids 5 and 8). The walk to and from Disney was much shorter than other hotels along Katella/Harbor. The breakfast buffet was better than most, but expect crowds (just getting you ready for the day in the park).

Room Tip: Spend all day in the park, you'll come home so tired you will sleep like a rock!
Dear cnyn_junkie,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad to be your new home away from home when you visit the Anaheim Resort Area!

It is great that you enjoyed our complimentary hot buffet breakfast. Breakfast is served from 6:30-9:30am Monday through Friday, and 7-10am Saturday and Sunday. As you mentioned, many guests tend to have their breakfast right before they head to Disneyland for the day, which is usually the latter breakfast hours. Although we may see many families eating breakfast at this time, we have indoor seating, patio seating, poolside seating, and seating in our BBQ area. We also allow guests to bring their breakfast back up to their rooms.

Thank you again for your wonderful review. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Kent, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I was originally booked at embassy suites but decided to pick this hotel because I just stayed at the residence inn in la jolla which I really liked but I was a little disappointed this hotel is older has a weird odor the front door was so hard to open thought I was going to injure myself trying to open it I left to go swimming came back and door was open I told the front desk and they said they would fix it but they didn't I shoulda just stayed at embassy suites like originally planned I liked how they had a complimentary breakfast, free parking , close to Disney but honestly for the price I can prob find something better

• Stayed June 2013
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Susan B,

Thank you for feedback. I would like to personally apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I invite you to contact me directly at rsmith@rimhospitality.com, so that we can discuss your recent stay in detail. I appreciate the opportunity to gather some information about your specific room so that we can prevent any issues that may occur with future guests. We are awaiting our upcoming renovation, and we thank you for your patience as we look forward to that time. Thank you again for your feedback, and the opportunity to allow us to improve. I look forward to hearing from you.

Guest Serivce Specialist
Olympia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We have stayed here several times throughout the years and always have had a pleasant stay. Our room was clean, staff was very friendly and accommodating with anything that we needed. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub at the end of the day, very relaxing after a day at Disney. Breakfast was great, many options, a real money saver for our big family. We stayed in the penthouse suite and we had plenty of room for our family. The hotel could use a bit of updating, but I understand that a remodel is in the works next year. We will be back, thank you for a wonderful stay!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear kimlk32,

Thank you first and foremost for your loyalty, and for your wonderful review of our hotel! It is great to hear that as a repeat guest, you have an enjoyable stay each and every time you visit us.

I am glad that you are able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast. As you mentioned, it can be a big money saver especially for large families. We offer a complimentary grocery service that provides another opportunity to save money, and allow guests to utilize the full size kitchens in their suites. Our staff goes grocery shopping every day for our guests; whatever we pay you pay. Just leave us your list by 9am, and we will take care of the rest!

Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next visit!

Bellevue, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just home from a 7 night stay and have never written a review before but this needs to be written. This hotel is absolutely filthy. The rooms get surfaced cleaned by staff who are in a hurry to finish. We had to put a sheet down on the couch before I would let my kids sit on it. Our feet were black from the carpet and I have seen cleaner public restrooms than the bathroom in our room. To make matters worse I was in the snack shop and actually heard the staff talk about writing their own reviews on trip advisor to pump up the positive reviews!!! That would explain the attention the managers seem to give this site! This hotel needs a serious update and to spend way more money on cleaning and less time answering these reviews

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear michael r,

My name is Rachel Smith, and I am responsible for responding to all trip advisor reviews. I would like to start off by apologizing for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. I appreciate your honest feedback. We take reviews such as yours very seriously, as it allows us to know what areas need improvement. We have several departments in our hotel who have different responsibilities. With every trip advisor review that requires attention, I chart it, and give it to the proper department head who will make certain any given issue is addressed.

I will make sure that Roger, our Rooms Division Manager, is made aware of what you experienced in your room during your stay. I would greatly appreciate if you would contact me directly at rsmith@rimhospitality.com, so we can discuss the contents of your review in further detail. This way we know which specific room needs special attention. I look forward to hearing from you.

rsmith@rimhospitality.com

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate? Share your experiences!