“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
Texas
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We are a large family. We rented a 2 bedroom room. The 2nd bedroom is a loft. It was quite warm up there which is the reason for a 4 and not a 5. Everything else was excellent. Food was as expected. Location was excellent. Shuttle was very very convenient. We never had to wait. It was affordable, efficient, just perfect for our stay! We would definitely stay here again! I researched the hotels thoroughly and I feel like our choice was great!

Room Tip: Get a room closest to shuttle stop. If you forget something you don't want to walk a long way a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear fht,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am glad you and your family enjoyed the location and amenities of our hotel.

The ART Shuttle, as you mentioned, is a great convenience that most families going to Disneyland take advantage of. The Shuttle comes to our property about every 20 minutes or so. It looks like your family came at just the right pick-up times! An all day pass can be purchased at our Disney desk for $5 per adult and $2 per child.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you felt you made a great choice in staying with us, and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next Disney visit!

956 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Dublin3
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

If you are travelling to Disneyland with your family, then this hotel is a great choice. The rooms have well equipped kitchens, the hotel staff are very friendly and helpful, there is a decent breakfast every morning, and it's not only a walkable distance to Disney, but also to the GardenWalk where you can find a selection of restaurants and a movie theatre.

I did read some reviews that griped about the distance to walk to Disneyland. It's two and a half blocks to the entrance, and they are NYC type east to west blocks (LONG), so allow about 15 minutes. It's quite an enjoyable walk, even on the return with children!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Dublin3,

Thank you for your review and recommendation of our hotel. I am glad you find our hotel a great place to stay when travelling to Disneyland with your family.

As you mentioned, we offer a hot buffet breakfast every morning which comes complimentary with each guests’ stay. We are also conveniently located directly across the street from the Anaheim GardenWalk, which has great dining options to choose from, such as the Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., California Pizza Kitchen, P.F. Chang’s, Johnny Rockets, and more.

Many guests just like yourself tend to enjoy the 10-15 minute walk to help unwind after a long day at the park. The area is beautifully lit being surrounded by the Disneyland evening lights, and the GardenWalk evening lights.

Thank you again for your excellent review. I hope to welcome you and your family back again on your next visit to Anaheim!

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Having lived in Southern California all my life I’ve never had a need for a hotel near Disneyland. But we decided we wanted to get an early start at the park on a Sunday morning, so we decided to spend the night nearby. The room rates at the three Disney properties were way beyond our comfort level, so I hit TA to select one of the dozens (hundreds?) in the area. We decided on this Residence Inn based on several factors, primarily the reasonable rate, location, free parking and breakfast, and of course strong TA reviews.

We were in one of their “studio suites”. I was very impressed with the room, which was spacious and well laid out. The hotel web site says it’s a fully-stocked kitchen, and it really is, with full-size appliances, a full complement of pots and pans, paper towels and dish soap, and even microwave popcorn. The entire suite was clean (living area, kitchen, bed and bathroom), even baseboards and corners that are easy to let get grungy. The toilet/shower-bath room is very small and might be uncomfortable for someone even slightly larger than average, but at least they use a curved curtain rod so the shower itself doesn’t feel tight.

It is a solid 15 minutes walk from the hotel driveway to the park entrance plaza, which is something to keep in mind if you anticipate carrying back anything (purchases or small children) at the end of a long day. One trick we figured out is that the Pumbaa parking lot is around the corner from the hotel, so we hopped on the Pumbaa shuttle from the East Shuttle Area of the resort and saved at least half the walking. Frequency of that shuttle varies, though, so if you’re not too tired, the walk might not take much longer. The staff was professional, although we didn’t have too much interaction with them. The breakfast room was very busy in the morning, but staff were there to replenish and tidy up, and there were plenty of tables and chairs in three distinct areas (an outdoor patio, indoor sunroom and further indoor room).

All in all, a good choice if you’re looking for a place to stay near Disneyland.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool, which can get noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear chellebelle,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. It is great to hear that after all the research you did in choosing a hotel for your Disneyland visit you were pleased with your stay with us.

I am glad that our Studio suite was a great fit for your family. Our suites are 50% larger than the average hotel room, which is great for families who can use the extra space.

We are located ½ a mile from the main gate of Disneyland and California Adventure Park, which takes most guests about 10-15 minutes to walk. Many of our guests opt to enjoy the easy walk from our hotel to the park. As you mentioned however, the walk may not be ideal for guests who plan on making large souvenir purchases, or carrying children. In that case, the ART Shuttle would be a great option. The ART Shuttle, run by the city of Anaheim, picks up from our property about every 20 minutes, and runs until half an hour after the park closes. All day shuttle passes can be purchased with our Disney desk for $5 per adult and $2 per child.

Thank you again for your review, and I hope that you choose to stay with us again during your next trip to Disneyland!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I recently stayed here during a VEX Robotics competition at the Convention Center. I mention this because, we had a robot with us. We stayed on a 2 bedroom loft suite, it was 2 adults and 2 children. I stayed in the room upstairs with my son, and below was a teacher and another class mate of my sons. The space we had was great! It allowed us to work on our robot in the evenings. One night, I 'hosted' the rest of team which had been staying elsewhere--that meant I had 12 people for dinner, and was able to prepare it easily in the simple kitchen, using the fantastic outdoor BBQ area!
The room was clean, as I had expected booking a Marriott product. I like the consistency. Bed was firm, and sheets clean and crisp.
The INCLUDED breakfast was WAY BETTER than I had thought it would be. My son made his own fresh waffles every day. I liked that the trays were not super large, and they were continually being changed and refreshed.
Best was the friendly staff and service we received from them. We had logistical headaches with shipping containers being dropped off, and we needed to store large boxes. All I can say without the boring details was that the staff went out of their way to 'work with us' and help us.
LOCATION....well, we had to haul a large heavy crate (3'X3') and tool boxes back and forth to the convention center. We 'thought' we could walk it with a simple hand trolley--we were wrong, we needed to rent a car just to haul the crate. But, as for simple walking distance to the convention center--it was perfect, a very easy 10 minute walk. Dining options were just across the street. We are already making our plans to return next year. Our rate was no more or less than anywhere else, divided by 4, add in breakfast....All in all, we felt we received value & service for what we paid.

Room Tip: The loft rooms worked out well, but make note there are no doors at the top of the stairs, the only...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Annette R,

It is great to hear that you had such an exceptional experience during your stay with us. What talented students you have; I distinctly remember you showing us at the front desk the robots your students hand-created, and they were quite impressive!

As you mentioned, our location is a great benefit when it comes to being in the center of many popular Anaheim attractions. We are conveniently located near the Anaheim Convention Center, the Anaheim GardenWalk, the Anaheim Angel’s Stadium, The Honda Center, and of course Disneyland and California Adventure.

Our staff does an excellent job working with our guests and doing our very best to accommodate to our guests needs. I am glad to hear that we did not fall short when it came to your specific needs.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to review our hotel. I look forward to seeing what kind of new ideas for robots your students come up with next year!

Mountain View, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We will definitely be coming back to this hotel on our following visits to Disneyland. We have two kids, 3 and 4. We rented the 1 bedroom suite with separate kitchen and living area. It was cute, clean, and the surrounding grounds were very pretty. 10 minute walk to Disney with strollers in hand. Great continental breakfast. Heated adult and kiddie pool, which my kids loved!! I am very picky when it comes to cleanliness, and my observation was that it was very clean.
The staff were very friendly. We especially loved Roger, the front desk manager. He was extremely helpful and hospitable. We informed him of a complaint that there was a lot of noise coming from the room above us (we were on the bottom floor). He talked to the guests who were renting above us, and the next night the noise was completely gone. Great price, great staff, great location, great place!

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper level. If you are on ground level it is more convenient, but the noise...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cheri S,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our One Bedroom suite seemed to be a great fit for your family, and I am glad that you were fond of the look and feel of our hotel grounds.

As you mentioned, our hot buffet breakfast every morning, and our 24 hour heated pool, are just a few great perks that guests love most about our hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed our staff, and that our Front Office Manager, Roger, was able to assist you in regards to the noise level of your neighbors. He is a great example of and to our hotel staff and we are lucky to have him as a part of our team.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back with your family soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Would I stay here again? Probably not. It is in bad need of a remodel. The room we had met our needs, it was the 2 story loft room and was big enough for the 6 of us. Kitchen was very small but that was fine because we barely used it. The breakfast looked good enough and it was fine for the kids. The location to the park is nice and evenyou could technically walk we took the Anaheim Trolley. To be honest the other Residence Inn is a lot nicer and I think even a little bit cheaper. They just dont have enough space for a party of 6 unless you get 2 rooms. We think we left a bag there and the maids kept it along with my youngest daughters Timothy Mouse which she has one at the Games of the Boardwalk. She was very upset. By the way on another trip we told a cast member about it because we were trying to win her one and they gave it to us for free so kudos to Disney!!

Room Tip: If you have a small party go to the other residence inn in Anaheim. It's nicer and they also acc...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Stephen W,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

We understand that all travelers have different preferences when it comes to hotel style and amenities. The Residence Inn nearby may meet the needs of some guests, while our hotel will meet the needs of others. Our hotel is great for guests looking to be near Disney, and who like our hotel being condo-style. Many of our guests love the convenience of being able to embrace the fresh air and enjoy the lovely so-cal weather, along with the beauty of our landscaping grounds. It adds great depth to the feel of being “home away from home”.

I am sorry for the loss of your daughter’s Timothy Mouse. We have a strict lost and found procedure that we follow each time a guest reports any missing items. If you would like to fill out an incident report for your missing item at this time please feel free to contact me directly at rsmith@rimhospitality.com, or call the front desk at 714-533-3555, and we will be happy to assist you.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently stayed here while visiting Disneyland. this is the place to stay!! It is clean, private suites, and great staff in all areas. I liked that the hotel was only a 15 min walk to the park..which was great at the end of a busy day in Disneyland. the pool was open 24 hours so no matter what time you came back there was always time for a dip in the pool. The excellent part to this place is that if you place your grocery list by 9:00 am your groceries were delivered to your room and placed in the fridge!!! Now this is a vacation!!

Room Tip: If there are four of you opt for a one or two bedroom it is well worth the peace and space, especial...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Karen K,

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. I am glad to hear you were able to have a real vacation, and that our hotel was an asset to that. We do our best to offer valuable services to our guests so they can enjoy a relaxing time while they are here, whether on business or vacation!

The grocery service we provide is one of our more favored services. It allows our guests to utilize the full size kitchens in their suite. As you mentioned, just drop off your grocery list to us by 9am and we will do all of the shopping for you, free of charge. If you are interested in having the groceries in your room before you arrive, we can do that as well. Just email me directly at rsmith@rimhospitality.com, or the front desk, at residenceinnprinter@gmail.com.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and I hope to welcome you and your family back again next time!

rsmith@rimhospitality.com

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate? Share your experiences!