“Better than being 'at home'” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #23 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Better than being 'at home'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I recently stayed here during a VEX Robotics competition at the Convention Center. I mention this because, we had a robot with us. We stayed on a 2 bedroom loft suite, it was 2 adults and 2 children. I stayed in the room upstairs with my son, and below was a teacher and another class mate of my sons. The space we had was great! It allowed us to work on our robot in the evenings. One night, I 'hosted' the rest of team which had been staying elsewhere--that meant I had 12 people for dinner, and was able to prepare it easily in the simple kitchen, using the fantastic outdoor BBQ area!
The room was clean, as I had expected booking a Marriott product. I like the consistency. Bed was firm, and sheets clean and crisp.
The INCLUDED breakfast was WAY BETTER than I had thought it would be. My son made his own fresh waffles every day. I liked that the trays were not super large, and they were continually being changed and refreshed.
Best was the friendly staff and service we received from them. We had logistical headaches with shipping containers being dropped off, and we needed to store large boxes. All I can say without the boring details was that the staff went out of their way to 'work with us' and help us.
LOCATION....well, we had to haul a large heavy crate (3'X3') and tool boxes back and forth to the convention center. We 'thought' we could walk it with a simple hand trolley--we were wrong, we needed to rent a car just to haul the crate. But, as for simple walking distance to the convention center--it was perfect, a very easy 10 minute walk. Dining options were just across the street. We are already making our plans to return next year. Our rate was no more or less than anywhere else, divided by 4, add in breakfast....All in all, we felt we received value & service for what we paid.

Room Tip: The loft rooms worked out well, but make note there are no doors at the top of the stairs, the only...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Annette R,

It is great to hear that you had such an exceptional experience during your stay with us. What talented students you have; I distinctly remember you showing us at the front desk the robots your students hand-created, and they were quite impressive!

As you mentioned, our location is a great benefit when it comes to being in the center of many popular Anaheim attractions. We are conveniently located near the Anaheim Convention Center, the Anaheim GardenWalk, the Anaheim Angel’s Stadium, The Honda Center, and of course Disneyland and California Adventure.

Our staff does an excellent job working with our guests and doing our very best to accommodate to our guests needs. I am glad to hear that we did not fall short when it came to your specific needs.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to review our hotel. I look forward to seeing what kind of new ideas for robots your students come up with next year!

rsmith@rimhospitality.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Mountain View, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We will definitely be coming back to this hotel on our following visits to Disneyland. We have two kids, 3 and 4. We rented the 1 bedroom suite with separate kitchen and living area. It was cute, clean, and the surrounding grounds were very pretty. 10 minute walk to Disney with strollers in hand. Great continental breakfast. Heated adult and kiddie pool, which my kids loved!! I am very picky when it comes to cleanliness, and my observation was that it was very clean.
The staff were very friendly. We especially loved Roger, the front desk manager. He was extremely helpful and hospitable. We informed him of a complaint that there was a lot of noise coming from the room above us (we were on the bottom floor). He talked to the guests who were renting above us, and the next night the noise was completely gone. Great price, great staff, great location, great place!

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper level. If you are on ground level it is more convenient, but the noise...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Cheri S,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our One Bedroom suite seemed to be a great fit for your family, and I am glad that you were fond of the look and feel of our hotel grounds.

As you mentioned, our hot buffet breakfast every morning, and our 24 hour heated pool, are just a few great perks that guests love most about our hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed our staff, and that our Front Office Manager, Roger, was able to assist you in regards to the noise level of your neighbors. He is a great example of and to our hotel staff and we are lucky to have him as a part of our team.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back with your family soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Would I stay here again? Probably not. It is in bad need of a remodel. The room we had met our needs, it was the 2 story loft room and was big enough for the 6 of us. Kitchen was very small but that was fine because we barely used it. The breakfast looked good enough and it was fine for the kids. The location to the park is nice and evenyou could technically walk we took the Anaheim Trolley. To be honest the other Residence Inn is a lot nicer and I think even a little bit cheaper. They just dont have enough space for a party of 6 unless you get 2 rooms. We think we left a bag there and the maids kept it along with my youngest daughters Timothy Mouse which she has one at the Games of the Boardwalk. She was very upset. By the way on another trip we told a cast member about it because we were trying to win her one and they gave it to us for free so kudos to Disney!!

Room Tip: If you have a small party go to the other residence inn in Anaheim. It's nicer and they also acc...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Stephen W,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

We understand that all travelers have different preferences when it comes to hotel style and amenities. The Residence Inn nearby may meet the needs of some guests, while our hotel will meet the needs of others. Our hotel is great for guests looking to be near Disney, and who like our hotel being condo-style. Many of our guests love the convenience of being able to embrace the fresh air and enjoy the lovely so-cal weather, along with the beauty of our landscaping grounds. It adds great depth to the feel of being “home away from home”.

I am sorry for the loss of your daughter’s Timothy Mouse. We have a strict lost and found procedure that we follow each time a guest reports any missing items. If you would like to fill out an incident report for your missing item at this time please feel free to contact me directly at rsmith@rimhospitality.com, or call the front desk at 714-533-3555, and we will be happy to assist you.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently stayed here while visiting Disneyland. this is the place to stay!! It is clean, private suites, and great staff in all areas. I liked that the hotel was only a 15 min walk to the park..which was great at the end of a busy day in Disneyland. the pool was open 24 hours so no matter what time you came back there was always time for a dip in the pool. The excellent part to this place is that if you place your grocery list by 9:00 am your groceries were delivered to your room and placed in the fridge!!! Now this is a vacation!!

Room Tip: If there are four of you opt for a one or two bedroom it is well worth the peace and space, especial...
Dear Karen K,

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. I am glad to hear you were able to have a real vacation, and that our hotel was an asset to that. We do our best to offer valuable services to our guests so they can enjoy a relaxing time while they are here, whether on business or vacation!

The grocery service we provide is one of our more favored services. It allows our guests to utilize the full size kitchens in their suite. As you mentioned, just drop off your grocery list to us by 9am and we will do all of the shopping for you, free of charge. If you are interested in having the groceries in your room before you arrive, we can do that as well. Just email me directly at rsmith@rimhospitality.com, or the front desk, at residenceinnprinter@gmail.com.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and I hope to welcome you and your family back again next time!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have stayed here twice and our first stay in 2010 was great! Our stay this last time in Oct of 2012 was great as well but we did notice the cleanliness was not as up to par as it was the first time. The biggest disappointment and kind of freaked us out was when we were getting the sofa bed ready and noticed that there was blood on the side of the sheets! Made us wonder if our other sheets were clean? The bugs were more noticeable this time as well. Hoping "if" we stay there again this fall it will be cleaned better like the first time we were there.

• Stayed October 2012
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Wrightfam,

Thank you for your honest review. Your feedback is very important to us, as it helps us know what areas we need to improve on.

As you know, what you experienced is not up to standard. We are starting to have weekly meetings to address all of our trip advisor reviews, and will be focusing on linen based on your feedback.

For a future reservation you can contact me directly at rsmith@rimhospitality.com, or 714-533-3555. I will personally make certain that notifications are made to your reservation that will assure your room will be up to standards.

Thank you again for relaying your experience. We would like to talk to you more about the details of your recent stay. Please contact our management team so that we can look into this further. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Bakersfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed in the largest room they offer, a 2 bedroom suite, which coincidentally is only available downstairs. I am a light sleeper and would strongly suggest a second floor room over the bottom floor if noises bother you. It is obviously a family friendly hotel being near Disneyland and we could hear kids returning from the park around 9am running, screaming, etc. Our neighbors above must have been children because they were stomping like there was no tomorrow. The pool was semi-nearby our room and we could definitely hear loud children. Not the fault of the hotel, but just something to consider if you like peace and quiet!

As for the rooms, they REALLY need to be renovated. Being a hotel which caters to children means that the floors, walls, furniture, etc take a beating. The maid staff does a good surface job of cleaning but it seems like nobody has done any real deep cleaning recently. The maids were all very friendly and I tipped them every day except once. Tipping seemed to get me fancifully folded towels, paper towes, toilet paper, and kleenex. I'd prefer they spend the time detailing the room. I will add pictures to my review later to display what I'm talking about. A previous reviewer mentioned the various times the maids seemed to clean the rooms. I found this to be true as well. The first day were able to check in early so I assumed cleanings happened very early. The next day we returned to our room around 1 (the time we had checked in the day before) for our daughter to nap and the maid was about halfway through.

Also, both doors to the rooms were accordian style. Really?!? With small children frequenting this hotel, I don't see how this made any sense. I desperately wish they had been normal doors. These sort of doors are annoying to deal with and my daughter had some close calls because she wanted to mess with them (she's almost 2).

The kitchen was small. Not sure which room the kitchen their showing on their website belongs to, but it didn't belong to the 2 room suite. There was very little counter space. Luckily, there were only several of us, but if the maximum amount of people stayed in this room (8) it would be a very small area to work with.

One of our bathrooms had carpeting in the shower/vanity area. I personally think this is not a great choice since the carpet gets and stays wet. That bathroom had a funny odor to me. The other bathroom with vinyl flooring did not have that same musty smell.

The breakfast buffet was very good. We enjoyed four mornings of it and the offerings were essentially the same with little variations. I enjoyed the eggs, potatoes, and biscuits and gravy. I would echo what a previous reviewer mentioned which was adding the individual sized yogurt cups & milks considering there are little ones.

Ammenities were nice. The hair products were Paul Mitchell & the body lotion was from The Body Shop. I prefer to hand wash dishes and no dish soap was provided, only dishwasher soap.

The evening social was Nachos on Monday night and a BBQ on Wednesday. We only got to experience the nachos. It included chips, chili, nacho cheese, celery, carrots, and ranch. There was some very weak 'lemonade' too. We discovered there were cookies in the lobby in the evenings, but nowhere did it inform us of this perk.

We did not use the pool or fitness equipment. We did use the park every day and this was definitely a highlight of the hotel. There were no swings and the playground is small (probably best for toddlers or very young children). For our two year old it worked out well. It winds up being shady in the afternoon, another plus.

The staff we encountered were nice enough but not anything to write home about. There is a Best Western in our hometown which has exceptionally friendly staff which is my gold standard.

For the price you pay, I say this hotel is average. I think it is largely due to the fact that many young children stay at this hotel and the hotel takes a beating. As such, I think the staff needs to be extra diligent to keep things clean and fresh. I see a previous reviewer had some similar observations about the cleanliness and condition of his room. Apparently this might be a site-wide issue. I hope they make some changes now that at least two reviewers have shown concern.

Room Tip: Second floor, preferably away from traffic, playground, and BBQ area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Vanessa S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear SarahB123,

On behalf of the hotel, I’d like to extend my gratitude to you for articulating your recent experience so thoroughly & candidly. I will be honest: at first it was very difficult, from a hotelier’s perspective, to view the photographs you presented & to read your story because you cut to the heart of what we love to do. We were all a bit embarrassed & shocked; we really thought our procedural eyes were sharp and alert! We are truly sorry that we fell short of your expectations and I assure you that we are taking steps to correct what is in our immediate power to correct. We have printed out your review and have been using it as a detailed guide since the review was published. These are the changes that we have made (and are undergoing), based on your feedback. Again, thank you for helping us improve what we offer our guests.

Over the weekend, we have had two all-staff housekeeping meetings to view your photographs & revisit our procedures. In addition to our standard cleaning measures, we are working out a special-projects schedule to rotate deep-cleaning projects more often into our daily routine. The cleaning materials & products we use are being tested (and new items brought in) to see which are more effective.

Because of the nature of our Disney leisure/vacation market, it is difficult to predict exactly when each family will be out of their room to provide housekeeping service, so we can be inconsistent. We have tried to set up a routine, but as you know when you’re on vacation – sometimes guests sleep in, sometimes they don’t, etc. If any of our guests would like to set up specific service times, please contact our front desk. Our regular, full-housekeeping service hours are from 9:00am – 4:00pm daily, unless there are extenuating circumstances.

Thank you for providing your specific room number in response to my email. Today, we replaced the showerhead, kitchen wood trim, & the re-caulked the bathroom door frame. Discussions are currently under way to replace the carpet in the bathroom area of your suite with linoleum or tile. Our team went in & you’re right – it does make more sense.

The sheer volume of guests that stay at our popular hotel can be overwhelming on our furniture & hotel items. The good news is twofold: 1) We regularly touch up & maintain what we have to keep it up as best as we can, and 2) We are up for a renovation!! The specific details (dates and what will be affected) are being worked out by our upper management team, but it looks as though we should have one by early 2014.

On a lighter note - it turns out that the ladder you photographed outside your window was used to retrieve a child’s toy from the rooftop of your building. While our Engineering Hero Of The Day was busy rescuing the item, he received a second call to assist another guest and accidentally abandoned the ladder in his rush to help. Please accept our apologies for the oversight - we do not typically leave ladders against our guest’s windows; it is certainly not a standard procedure! However, we do feel a bit better knowing the oversight was in exchange for stopping a wailing child's alligator tears (and the frantic parent’s need to buy headache medicine!). ;)

Thank you again for your feedback and for giving us an opportunity to learn & grow. Your review is greatly appreciated.

Vanessa Sah
Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
vsah@rimhospitality.com
714.782.0046 (Direct Line)
714.533.3555 x 210 (Hotel)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Since the beginning the staff and maids were very helpful, the rooms clean, breakfast buffet was good but not much variety. We loved the heated pool, kiddie pool, anchor tub. The maids did a great job cleaning every day, but must've expected a tip, (doesn't everyone nowadays for doing the very job they're hired to do?) once we got home, we realized we lost a cell phone, the last place it was seen was the hotel, (no cell phone was turned in) of course. The maids claimed we "smoked" in the room because of a couple butts in the trash can (they have obviously never been a smokers home). We called and talke to 3 different managers... All of them said the same thing. "You can't bring a "once-lit" cigarrette into a room". When I told them that maybe they should specify that, that you can't throw away butts in their trash can. They said they weren't "required" to specify that. So, even though we never smoked in the room, we had 3 children with us, they charged us an extra $250 for "evidence". And to top it ALL off, and the reason that prompted me to write this review in the first place, I am an absolute arachnophobic , I just found a male black widow between some folded pants in my suitcase!!! Are you kidding me?!!!! My husband killed a female black widow beneath a window sill and told the front desk staff that they'd need to have the property sprayed!!... My husband didn't tell me cause he didn't want to freak me out!!.. But this?.. This is beyond crazy!!... A poisonous spider in my suitcase!!!!... We took pictures and everything!!!... There is also still a $150 hold on my account for who knows what?... Lets see what kind of fee they come up with next...

• Stayed April 2013
Vanessa S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Audi_Bay,

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our housekeeping service and breakfast, but I am also sorry to hear that we were unable to exceed your overall expectations. I would like to take this opportunity to address some of your comments. I hope my points will help bring clarity to any unanswered questions you may have.

Lost and Found Procedures: In regards to your missing phone, I assure you we have a very strict Lost and Found procedure in place. Any items left in a room are to be turned into our Front Desk, where they are logged in our Lost and Found book and then stored in our secured storage. In some situations, items that are not logged as “found” on the date of inquiry may be logged under later dates. It may be helpful to give us a follow up call to see if your phone has been discovered since your original call.

Pest Control Schedule: Due to the fact that every one of our suites opens up to the exterior of the property, it leaves us more susceptible to pests than enclosed hotels. This being the case, pest control is a very important part of our regimen. We have a professional pest control company service our entire property every two weeks in order to keep our rooms pest free. We have assigned the suite you stayed in to a deep cleaning service in order to address any further pest issues.

Smoke-Free Hotel Policy: In 2006, Marriott instituted the Marriott Smoke-free Hotel Policy. This policy designates specific smoking areas on the property that are far enough from rooms that it will prevent smoke from tracking into the suites. These areas have ash trays and trash cans that are to be used for disposing of all smoking materials. Unfortunately, in your scenario, the remnants of the cigarettes were taken back into the room, which caused a strong smoke smell to saturate the suite. Seeing as though the room could not be rented due to the irreparable damages from the smoke, we applied the smoking fee.

I hope this helped address any confusion there may be about our policies and procedures. Please feel free to contact me or any of our management team members with further questions or comments.

Vanessa Sah