“Great value near Disney” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #26 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great value near Disney”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is an excellent choice if you are willing to spend a few days in Disney. It is clean, service is good, has included breakfast, internet and parking. It is NOT a luxury hotel.

Disney is within walking distance from the hotel. It takes about 10 minutes and we even came back to the hotel for a quick nap to recharge in the middle of the day. We didn't use the ART.

The breakfast is very good if you like to eat tons of food. It lacks, however, some healthier choices.

The only real problem I found was the bathroom. It was small and the shower was too low on the wall. I am not tall, but had to bend foward and lower my head to wash it.

Overall, the value is excellent if you are not expecting a luxury setting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Oswaldo M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. I am glad that you felt that the services properly accommodated you and your family. You are absolutely correct in mentioning that we are not a luxury hotel. Though all of our rooms are fully equipped suites, because of our distance to Disneyland we cater to mostly families.

As far as the breakfast, we offer a full hot buffet that has many different options for all families. Some of the options we offer are make your own waffles, two different types of eggs, pancakes, french toast, and a rotation of ham, sausage or bacon. For guests who are looking for a lighter breakfast we also offer options such as hot and cold cereals, fresh fruits, yogurt, wheat/white bread, bagels and cream cheese, and granola. If there are any specific diets a guest may have our kitchen staff does all they can do to accommodate those needs.

Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you back soon!

Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because of the reviews and we like staying at "condo" style hotels. Our family of four (2 big kids and a 6 and 2yr old) were not dissappointed. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. If was wonderful. The suite was clean, and big enough for all four of us to unwind. At check in, we met Kimberly Rosales in person, who had our special requests taken care of. We used the grocery service and the milk, pop, yogurt drinks, water and the hair care products were in our room upon our arrival. We asked and received an upstairs room that was away from the fire hall and main roads. If you want quiet ask for room 1323. Yes its a short one minute walk to the hotel lobby, ART bus stop and pool, but who cares. The housekeeping staff cleaned our room each day and we always had fresh towels. Yes its a 30 yr property, so there is the obvious wear and tear that buildings and rooms have, but again who cares. The landscape was well taken care of.

It's a family orientated hotel. Everyone there is mostly there for Disneyland. The free morning breakfasts are great with lots of selections. Even my picky 6 yr old found something she liked. Go early to beat the rush. Or just bring back to your room a plate of food. They also have a small food store. Nice to have so that you don't need to go to 7-11.

Use the ART bus passes. You can buy them right in the lobby. Very conventient and the bus goes right to Disneyland and back to the hotel. $27.00 for a 3 day unlimited use for the entire family. (2 yr old rides free). Yes you can walk, but if you have little people with you use the bus.

Another big bonus is that they have car seats that you may borrow. We used them in a cab so that we could go out for dinner. We just brought it into restaurant and then cabbed back after dinner. Its a nice service to have, in that we didn't have to bring our own car seats from Canada.

Overall for the price and quaility, I highly recommend this hotel. When we return we will be staying here again.

Thank-you again Kimberly and your staff.

The Geraces

Dear Ryan G,

Wow! Your review was such a pleasure to read! It was also a pleasure to be able to meet and accommodate you and your family as well. I wanted to point out what a perfect example you are to our guests who are considering submitting a grocery order. For those who would like their groceries delivered to their room upon arrival please feel free to contact myself or my front desk team to submit a grocery order.

I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. I appreciate your suggestion to enjoy breakfast earlier as the crowds do tend to accumulate between 8:30-9:30am. I would have to say the best part about breakfast would be that you are able to enjoy it back in the room!

It’s safe to say that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we can expect a visit from you in the future. I hope you will not hesitate to contact me again whenever you decide to return to the Anaheim Resort area. Thank you for all of your kind comments and it was a pleasure to meet you and your family!

Victoria, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were in California for 12 days and stayed at the Residence Inn on two separate occasions during that time. In total we stayed there for 8 days. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen. Both were good but we much preferred our second stay. The suite we had was a much different layout and seemed bigger. It also had a deck and our first suite didn't have that.
Here are some pros and cons to the Residence Inn
Pros
- clean suites with everything you'll need
- full kitchen
- nice grounds, well maintained
- good location (short walk to Disney)
- excellent customer service from the front desk
- shuttle bus to Disney
- Disney desk in front lobby
- on site laundry (you can pack less and just wash things!)
- walking distance to restaurants
- Target is a short drive for anything you've forgot
- breakfast included (we didn't use this because our kids are gluten and dairy free)
- quiet and away from the chaos of Disney

Cons
- pool is over-chlorinated (your skin and hair will smell for a couple days after a single use, even after showering) and caused skin itchiness and dried out hair for my kids and they're not usually sensitive to chlorine
- pillows are uncomfortable (bring your own if you can fit them)
- we had to forego cleaning a couple times because the cleaners came to our room around dinner time to clean which was inconvenient

We would definitely return to the Residence Inn and would recommend it to friends with the suggestion that they shower and moisturize and condition their hair after EVERY use of the pool. :) I know it seems silly but it was quite bad for our kids.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor 1 bedroom suite in building 5 was bigger and had a better layout than our ground floor...
Dear lilybeevictoria,

I appreciate your time in writing a review on your recent stay with us. You resided with us for quite some time (12 days), where did you travel from? Thank you for taking the time to write out some of the pros and cons you experienced at our hotel. I would like to take the time to touch up on some of the cons that you mentioned:

Pool: I apologize for the skin irritation that you endured after swimming in our pool. Our engineers check the chlorine levels at least twice a day; I will bring this matter up to our head engineer so we can seek matters thoroughly. In the future, please inform the desk so that we are able to settle chlorine levels accordingly.

Pillows: We understand that guests have different preferences when it comes to sleeping arrangements. With that said, we do like to offer many choices for guests. Some include extra linen, mattress pads, and a choice between feather and foam pillows.

Service: I am sorry for the later service. Generally, our housekeepers are assigned a certain amount of rooms and clean the “check out” rooms and from there clean the stay over rooms after. Chances are that during this period of time the housekeeper may have had more “check out” rooms than stay over rooms. Again, this does not justify a proper service and I will make sure I make this aware to our management.

Thank you again so much for your time and your valuable feedback.

Centralia, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We rented a suite with the loft and two bathrooms for 4 adults and 2 children. it was great. Housekeeping did a great job. The breakfast buffet was wonderful. The shuttle bus to Disneyland was very convenient. The kitchen area was wonderful for us considering that we had small children. It was a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We chose the suite with 2 bathrooms--really helped out with all of us trying to get ready at the sam...
Dear 676Ruth,

Thank you for your review! I am glad that all of the amenities worked out for the greater good. I absolutely agree that our kitchens make it very convenient and easy for cooking for a large family. This can also save guests a fair amount of money instead of having to dine out every night. I highly suggest the next time you come to visit us that you try our grocery shopping service. This complementary service allows guests to fill out a list of their desired foods and we go out and do the shopping for them and have it in your room the same day! Feel free to email me your list if you decide to do so at krosales@rimhospitality.com.

I look forward to seeing you back very soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was a great place to stay. Everything was perfect. The room was clean and comfortable, The free breakfast buffet was delicious and fresh, and the staff was more then welcoming. The free parking was also a great money saver. It was pretty cold at night but the heated pool let us enjoy a nightly swim. Me and my family felt so comfortable there that we were thinking of way on how to stay. This hotel was one of the Key factors to our successful and well enjoyable trip in California.

Also we didn't go to Disney but its just a short walk from the hotel and across the street from the Garden Walk.

Room Tip: The rooms towards the back are good because its away from all the noise from the pool and service ar...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Kelvin_Suero,

Thank you very much for your wonderful response! I remember speaking with you while checking in about your travels all the way from New York! I am so glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with. The heated pool is a perfect essential after a long day at the park. Also because it is open 24 hours, you can even enjoy a late night swim!

Thank you again for your review, hopefully when we see you back the next time you get the opportunity to visit Disneyland!

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

With infrequent exceptions, we look for Marriott properties along our planned travel routes. This RI was convenient to the Disney properties but not across the street, so we thought it might not be overrun by "the little people." It was a good choice. Vehicle and pedestrian traffic near the RI was vastly less than near the hotels across from Disneyland--a big plus in our book. Our room was just as we expected: clean, nicely decorated, all the supplies / toiletries anticipated, etc. The housekeeping staff returned the room to "as new" condition for each day of our 3 night stay. The breakfast was excellent--very nice variety of both interesting and nutritious selections. The staff was gracious and diligent in refilling items that became depleted. Also, they worked hard to keep tables cleared and messes cleaned up. So, breakfast, even when the rather large room was crowded, still felt like a pleasant enough place to be. Parking was abundant and convenient. The shuttle bus stop to Disneyland was also very convenient to our room. The grounds of the property felt "resort-like" and were well-maintained. Kudos to the RI staff. We would eagerly stay there again.

Room Tip: 1. Second floor rooms are accessible by outside stairs, so 1st floor rooms may be preferable to tho...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear wlb5,

Thank you so much for such a great review! It is clear that you very much enjoyed your stay while with us. Thank you for mentioning some of the “perks” of our property. One big plus is the fact that our property is not located on Harbors busy road. However, we are close enough to enjoy a short 10-15 minute walk to the park, or hop on the ART shuttle bus for a quick 5 minute ride over.

Our breakfast selection includes an abundance of food including options for all dietary needs. I always recommend letting myself or my team know in advanced if there are any special dietary requests for our cook to cater to.

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments, we hope to expect a visit from you back soon!

Rocklin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently took our family of four (2 kids age 11 & 13) to Disneyland over the holidays for 3 days (Jan 2013) & had a great time! I did a lot of research before I left & picked this hotel for the many amenities it offers (free breakfast, free parking, free grocery shopping, bigger living space, kitchen, heated pool, basketball courts & close to Disney etc). I was worried the hotel might be old & outdated based on some reviews I read - but was pleasantly surprised of all the nice upgrades - kitchen was nice w/granite counters & furniture & beds were comfortable & liked the cute Disney decor throughout the hotel - no horror stories to speak of! My husband is a Marriott platinum member - so it was nice that they upgraded us to the penthouse suite - my kids enjoyed having their own room & bathroom & my husband & I had our own space upstairs. The free breakfast definitely saved us $$ & had good selection of food, however, one of the reasons I did not rate 5 stars was because the night we tried their free BBQ - the hamburgers were completely burnt??? & hot dogs weren't that great either - but potato salad was good & was nice that the hotel even provides this - but would have had a better experience dining elsewhere that night. Also, didn't score 5 stars - because the night my son woke up sick & had fever in morn (missed morning magic hr @ disney) - called front desk & they did not have any kid meds in their store & person on phone did not sound sympathetic & gave no other options to help. Lastly, we used ART bus - which was convenient at times - but supposed to run every 20 mins & it was very inconsistent during our stay - at times running 40 mins late! Would have liked it to run more frequently - every 10 mins/stick to their schedule. Overall, I would definitely stay @ this hotel again for a family disney trip because of its cleanliness (came home to a clean room everyday- 5 stars to housecleaning service) & enjoyed the spaciousness & amenities - but there is room for continued improvement .

Room Tip: Enjoyed our penthouse suite in building 7 - was not noisy & liked being close to basketball cour...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate? Share your experiences!