“Go Home? I am Home!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
New York City, New York
“Go Home? I am Home!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was a great place to stay. Everything was perfect. The room was clean and comfortable, The free breakfast buffet was delicious and fresh, and the staff was more then welcoming. The free parking was also a great money saver. It was pretty cold at night but the heated pool let us enjoy a nightly swim. Me and my family felt so comfortable there that we were thinking of way on how to stay. This hotel was one of the Key factors to our successful and well enjoyable trip in California.

Also we didn't go to Disney but its just a short walk from the hotel and across the street from the Garden Walk.

Room Tip: The rooms towards the back are good because its away from all the noise from the pool and service ar...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Kelvin_Suero,

Thank you very much for your wonderful response! I remember speaking with you while checking in about your travels all the way from New York! I am so glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with. The heated pool is a perfect essential after a long day at the park. Also because it is open 24 hours, you can even enjoy a late night swim!

Thank you again for your review, hopefully when we see you back the next time you get the opportunity to visit Disneyland!

944 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

With infrequent exceptions, we look for Marriott properties along our planned travel routes. This RI was convenient to the Disney properties but not across the street, so we thought it might not be overrun by "the little people." It was a good choice. Vehicle and pedestrian traffic near the RI was vastly less than near the hotels across from Disneyland--a big plus in our book. Our room was just as we expected: clean, nicely decorated, all the supplies / toiletries anticipated, etc. The housekeeping staff returned the room to "as new" condition for each day of our 3 night stay. The breakfast was excellent--very nice variety of both interesting and nutritious selections. The staff was gracious and diligent in refilling items that became depleted. Also, they worked hard to keep tables cleared and messes cleaned up. So, breakfast, even when the rather large room was crowded, still felt like a pleasant enough place to be. Parking was abundant and convenient. The shuttle bus stop to Disneyland was also very convenient to our room. The grounds of the property felt "resort-like" and were well-maintained. Kudos to the RI staff. We would eagerly stay there again.

Room Tip: 1. Second floor rooms are accessible by outside stairs, so 1st floor rooms may be preferable to tho...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear wlb5,

Thank you so much for such a great review! It is clear that you very much enjoyed your stay while with us. Thank you for mentioning some of the “perks” of our property. One big plus is the fact that our property is not located on Harbors busy road. However, we are close enough to enjoy a short 10-15 minute walk to the park, or hop on the ART shuttle bus for a quick 5 minute ride over.

Our breakfast selection includes an abundance of food including options for all dietary needs. I always recommend letting myself or my team know in advanced if there are any special dietary requests for our cook to cater to.

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments, we hope to expect a visit from you back soon!

Rocklin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently took our family of four (2 kids age 11 & 13) to Disneyland over the holidays for 3 days (Jan 2013) & had a great time! I did a lot of research before I left & picked this hotel for the many amenities it offers (free breakfast, free parking, free grocery shopping, bigger living space, kitchen, heated pool, basketball courts & close to Disney etc). I was worried the hotel might be old & outdated based on some reviews I read - but was pleasantly surprised of all the nice upgrades - kitchen was nice w/granite counters & furniture & beds were comfortable & liked the cute Disney decor throughout the hotel - no horror stories to speak of! My husband is a Marriott platinum member - so it was nice that they upgraded us to the penthouse suite - my kids enjoyed having their own room & bathroom & my husband & I had our own space upstairs. The free breakfast definitely saved us $$ & had good selection of food, however, one of the reasons I did not rate 5 stars was because the night we tried their free BBQ - the hamburgers were completely burnt??? & hot dogs weren't that great either - but potato salad was good & was nice that the hotel even provides this - but would have had a better experience dining elsewhere that night. Also, didn't score 5 stars - because the night my son woke up sick & had fever in morn (missed morning magic hr @ disney) - called front desk & they did not have any kid meds in their store & person on phone did not sound sympathetic & gave no other options to help. Lastly, we used ART bus - which was convenient at times - but supposed to run every 20 mins & it was very inconsistent during our stay - at times running 40 mins late! Would have liked it to run more frequently - every 10 mins/stick to their schedule. Overall, I would definitely stay @ this hotel again for a family disney trip because of its cleanliness (came home to a clean room everyday- 5 stars to housecleaning service) & enjoyed the spaciousness & amenities - but there is room for continued improvement .

Room Tip: Enjoyed our penthouse suite in building 7 - was not noisy & liked being close to basketball cour...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I wasn't there for a family vacation but I needed a nice hotel for a few days while I was in California for business. I flew into Orange County Airport John Wayne because it was $200 cheaper than me flying into LAX. Very nice and clean airport and it wasn't busy at all.

I like Residence Inns because they are laid out like apartments and they also provide breakfast. The mistake I made like the mistake I made when I was in Orlando was, I got a first floor unit. Remember, when you're in a childs paradise, request the top floor. This kid ran from one end to the other.

The unit was very clean but the bathroom was tight. There was plenty of parking. Breakfast was served in a completely different building. The building where people checked in. They had a large assortment and it wasn't just make your own waffles and fruit. They had french toast, pancakes, eggs, chipped beef, sausages and bacon. Wow. Impressive.

I would stay here again because I was pleased.

Room Tip: If you don't have children, request the top floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ronniecesmom,

Thank you for documenting your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to see our business travelers experience a stay at our “home away from home” property. I absolutely agree with your recommendation for top floor, especially for those guests who are more sensitive to noise. As you stated, we are a kid friendly hotel so there are many families who do stay with us. Also, because we are a first generation Residence Inn, our layouts are designed to look like condominiums. With that being said, we have 25 different buildings that surround our main desk and gatehouse where breakfast is served.

It was a pleasure reading your review and we hope the next time you come visit us you are here enjoying a relaxing vacation!

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

There is one word for this place DISGUSTING.

I have never stayed at any Marriott hotel that was that filthy and run down. Honestly a dump would be an understatement.

We checked into this hotel room and there was black mold growing behind the falling apart wallpaper in the bathroom. I looked behind the bathroom door and there was hair all over it from past guest(s) - complete with rusty door hinges!! Dirty wall and mirror, patched up ceiling, and moldy shower head.There was dust behind the TV console that appears to have been accumulating for several months. The furniture was worn out with black filth around the head rests, the cushions, and armrests. Please, check out all uploaded supporting pictures.

You can hear all the guests staying around you. If someone flushes the toilet or runs the faucet you will hear it loud and clear.

I was really shocked when I walked outside and saw one of the housekeeping associates hosing down the sidewalk and the inside streets with water during business hours making it inconvenient for guests to walk around. Unbelievable!!

I do not know who is running this place but I will never stay here again.

I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE THIS PLACE 0 STARS

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear William L,

On behalf of myself and the hotel, I want to offer our sincerest apologies on your past stay with us. It is clear that these issues are not a standard of our property and in fact very unacceptable. I have brought this matter up to our Rooms Divisions Manager so that we can take the appropriate steps to resolve these issues. I definitely want to make sure this matter gets handled appropriately. With that said, I would appreciate if you could contact me so that I am able to gather more information on this matter (krosales@rimhospitality.com).
We absolutely value your opinion and look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you for your time.

Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Friends and I visited Disneyland to participate in a half marathon at the park and needed a nearby lodging. The Residence Inn's large loft suite allowed four of us to have a room with three beds, two bathrooms and a full kitchen. Light switches in the loft were placed in odd places, however, and the one for the living room ceiling fan curiously was upstairs, too. A built-in night light on the staircase was distracting and we had to drape a towel over it to darken the room enough for sleeping (probably not a safe thing to do). Beds were comfortable and towels of a good quality, but we had serious issues with a lack of housekeeping services. Returning to our room at after a long day at the park, needing to shower before dinner, we found our room uncleaned and had to call for service, catching the maid 15 minutes before she was leaving for the day. The second morning, we placed the Do Not Disturb sign on the door while we ran the early morning race (5am start). We returned to our room at about 9:30 am and removed the sign before leaving for the park later that morning. When we came back to the room in the evening, we expected a clean room, but once again it did not happen and we had to ask for towels to be delivered so we could take showers. It was one of the strangest thing any of us had experienced in a hotel. Upon check-out, we asked for a reduction in price and received 10% off. Housekeeping is a big part of what we pay for when staying in a hotel, however, and while the discount was nice, it should have been more.

Breakfast, however, was generous and fortified us for the race. And we were grateful that our race fees covered the cost of the convenient ART shuttle to and from the parks.

Room Tip: Light sleepers should avoid the overly bright loft rooms because staircase lighting can not be dimme...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear peghaz,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our property. I am assuming that you were here with us for the Tinkerbell race, how did it go? We always get the opportunity to meet many different guests when any events are hosted in the Anaheim Resort area.

I would like to touch on some of the topics you mentioned about the suite that you stayed in. First and foremost, I apologize for the delay in service that you received throughout your stay. I have brought this matter up to my Rooms Facilities Manager; I can assure you we will look into why this was not done. One possible option is that when the “No Service” sign was placed on the door earlier, the housekeeper could have possibly assumed that it was for the day. The mistake on our part was that we should have double checked to see if you needed service again before service was done for the day. As far as the nightlight, we have it at the top of the stairs so that the stairs are visible for the safety of our guests.

I am glad to hear my desk team took the initiative to offer you compensation, but I would be happy to discuss this matter with you further in order to help make this right for you. Feel free to contact me at your convenience at krosales@rimhospitality.com or 714)533-3555.

Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We are a family of five(2 adults, kids ages 13,11,8) from Australia and stayed at the Residence Inn Maingate in September 2012 for 4 nights. We stayed in a Loft apartment and found it to be quite spacious and perfect for what we needed. The room was clean and it was an added bonus to have 2 bathrooms and a kitchen with a full size fridge. We also took advantage of the free breakfast every morning before heading off to Disneyland. The walk to Disney is about 15 minutes which we did every morning and then opted to use the shuttle bus at night when our legs could walk no more! We found the staff to be friendly and the complex was relatively quiet at night although having said that I don't think it would matter as you are exhausted at nights anyway so it is pretty easy to fall asleep. If we were ever so lucky to go to Disneyland again I would not hesitate to stay at the Residence Inn Maingate.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear jozonic,

Thank you very much for your great review! The trip from Australia must have been very exhausting! I am sure the Penthouse suite was more than comfortable for the whole family. Thank you for stating that we are just a short 10-15 minute walk to the Disneyland Park. However, because walking around the park ALL day can definitely be exhausting, the Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) shuttle is very beneficial. The small fee of $5 for adults and $2 for children (3-9 years) is a bargain for an all day pass.

It is a pleasure to read that you will be back the next time you visit the Anaheim Resort area. We will be expecting you from the “down under”!

Front Office Supervisor

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate? Share your experiences!