We recently took our family of four (2 kids age 11 & 13) to Disneyland over the holidays for 3 days (Jan 2013) & had a great time! I did a lot of research before I left & picked this hotel for the many amenities it offers (free breakfast, free parking, free grocery shopping, bigger living space, kitchen, heated pool, basketball courts & close to Disney etc). I was worried the hotel might be old & outdated based on some reviews I read - but was pleasantly surprised of all the nice upgrades - kitchen was nice w/granite counters & furniture & beds were comfortable & liked the cute Disney decor throughout the hotel - no horror stories to speak of! My husband is a Marriott platinum member - so it was nice that they upgraded us to the penthouse suite - my kids enjoyed having their own room & bathroom & my husband & I had our own space upstairs. The free breakfast definitely saved us $$ & had good selection of food, however, one of the reasons I did not rate 5 stars was because the night we tried their free BBQ - the hamburgers were completely burnt??? & hot dogs weren't that great either - but potato salad was good & was nice that the hotel even provides this - but would have had a better experience dining elsewhere that night. Also, didn't score 5 stars - because the night my son woke up sick & had fever in morn (missed morning magic hr @ disney) - called front desk & they did not have any kid meds in their store & person on phone did not sound sympathetic & gave no other options to help. Lastly, we used ART bus - which was convenient at times - but supposed to run every 20 mins & it was very inconsistent during our stay - at times running 40 mins late! Would have liked it to run more frequently - every 10 mins/stick to their schedule. Overall, I would definitely stay @ this hotel again for a family disney trip because of its cleanliness (came home to a clean room everyday- 5 stars to housecleaning service) & enjoyed the spaciousness & amenities - but there is room for continued improvement .
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate Hotel
- Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate Hotel Anaheim
- Residence Inn Anaheim
- Anaheim Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very unique all suite condo style hotel located 1/2 mile from Disneyland. All suites have fully equipped kitchens & full size pull out sofa sleepers. We offer suites that can accommodate up to 8 people. We offer the following free amenities: breakfast, grocery shopping services, social hour, parking, internet. Our guests have access to purchasing exclusive discounted park tickets through our on property Disney Desk. On property fire pit & BBQ Grills. Pet Friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Hotels.com, Venere, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.