“Nice Stay, Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #21 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
“Nice Stay, Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I wasn't there for a family vacation but I needed a nice hotel for a few days while I was in California for business. I flew into Orange County Airport John Wayne because it was $200 cheaper than me flying into LAX. Very nice and clean airport and it wasn't busy at all.

I like Residence Inns because they are laid out like apartments and they also provide breakfast. The mistake I made like the mistake I made when I was in Orlando was, I got a first floor unit. Remember, when you're in a childs paradise, request the top floor. This kid ran from one end to the other.

The unit was very clean but the bathroom was tight. There was plenty of parking. Breakfast was served in a completely different building. The building where people checked in. They had a large assortment and it wasn't just make your own waffles and fruit. They had french toast, pancakes, eggs, chipped beef, sausages and bacon. Wow. Impressive.

I would stay here again because I was pleased.

Room Tip: If you don't have children, request the top floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Ronniecesmom,

Thank you for documenting your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to see our business travelers experience a stay at our “home away from home” property. I absolutely agree with your recommendation for top floor, especially for those guests who are more sensitive to noise. As you stated, we are a kid friendly hotel so there are many families who do stay with us. Also, because we are a first generation Residence Inn, our layouts are designed to look like condominiums. With that being said, we have 25 different buildings that surround our main desk and gatehouse where breakfast is served.

It was a pleasure reading your review and we hope the next time you come visit us you are here enjoying a relaxing vacation!

Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

There is one word for this place DISGUSTING.

I have never stayed at any Marriott hotel that was that filthy and run down. Honestly a dump would be an understatement.

We checked into this hotel room and there was black mold growing behind the falling apart wallpaper in the bathroom. I looked behind the bathroom door and there was hair all over it from past guest(s) - complete with rusty door hinges!! Dirty wall and mirror, patched up ceiling, and moldy shower head.There was dust behind the TV console that appears to have been accumulating for several months. The furniture was worn out with black filth around the head rests, the cushions, and armrests. Please, check out all uploaded supporting pictures.

You can hear all the guests staying around you. If someone flushes the toilet or runs the faucet you will hear it loud and clear.

I was really shocked when I walked outside and saw one of the housekeeping associates hosing down the sidewalk and the inside streets with water during business hours making it inconvenient for guests to walk around. Unbelievable!!

I do not know who is running this place but I will never stay here again.

I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE THIS PLACE 0 STARS

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear William L,

On behalf of myself and the hotel, I want to offer our sincerest apologies on your past stay with us. It is clear that these issues are not a standard of our property and in fact very unacceptable. I have brought this matter up to our Rooms Divisions Manager so that we can take the appropriate steps to resolve these issues. I definitely want to make sure this matter gets handled appropriately. With that said, I would appreciate if you could contact me so that I am able to gather more information on this matter (krosales@rimhospitality.com).
We absolutely value your opinion and look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you for your time.

Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Friends and I visited Disneyland to participate in a half marathon at the park and needed a nearby lodging. The Residence Inn's large loft suite allowed four of us to have a room with three beds, two bathrooms and a full kitchen. Light switches in the loft were placed in odd places, however, and the one for the living room ceiling fan curiously was upstairs, too. A built-in night light on the staircase was distracting and we had to drape a towel over it to darken the room enough for sleeping (probably not a safe thing to do). Beds were comfortable and towels of a good quality, but we had serious issues with a lack of housekeeping services. Returning to our room at after a long day at the park, needing to shower before dinner, we found our room uncleaned and had to call for service, catching the maid 15 minutes before she was leaving for the day. The second morning, we placed the Do Not Disturb sign on the door while we ran the early morning race (5am start). We returned to our room at about 9:30 am and removed the sign before leaving for the park later that morning. When we came back to the room in the evening, we expected a clean room, but once again it did not happen and we had to ask for towels to be delivered so we could take showers. It was one of the strangest thing any of us had experienced in a hotel. Upon check-out, we asked for a reduction in price and received 10% off. Housekeeping is a big part of what we pay for when staying in a hotel, however, and while the discount was nice, it should have been more.

Breakfast, however, was generous and fortified us for the race. And we were grateful that our race fees covered the cost of the convenient ART shuttle to and from the parks.

Room Tip: Light sleepers should avoid the overly bright loft rooms because staircase lighting can not be dimme...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear peghaz,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our property. I am assuming that you were here with us for the Tinkerbell race, how did it go? We always get the opportunity to meet many different guests when any events are hosted in the Anaheim Resort area.

I would like to touch on some of the topics you mentioned about the suite that you stayed in. First and foremost, I apologize for the delay in service that you received throughout your stay. I have brought this matter up to my Rooms Facilities Manager; I can assure you we will look into why this was not done. One possible option is that when the “No Service” sign was placed on the door earlier, the housekeeper could have possibly assumed that it was for the day. The mistake on our part was that we should have double checked to see if you needed service again before service was done for the day. As far as the nightlight, we have it at the top of the stairs so that the stairs are visible for the safety of our guests.

I am glad to hear my desk team took the initiative to offer you compensation, but I would be happy to discuss this matter with you further in order to help make this right for you. Feel free to contact me at your convenience at krosales@rimhospitality.com or 714)533-3555.

Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We are a family of five(2 adults, kids ages 13,11,8) from Australia and stayed at the Residence Inn Maingate in September 2012 for 4 nights. We stayed in a Loft apartment and found it to be quite spacious and perfect for what we needed. The room was clean and it was an added bonus to have 2 bathrooms and a kitchen with a full size fridge. We also took advantage of the free breakfast every morning before heading off to Disneyland. The walk to Disney is about 15 minutes which we did every morning and then opted to use the shuttle bus at night when our legs could walk no more! We found the staff to be friendly and the complex was relatively quiet at night although having said that I don't think it would matter as you are exhausted at nights anyway so it is pretty easy to fall asleep. If we were ever so lucky to go to Disneyland again I would not hesitate to stay at the Residence Inn Maingate.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear jozonic,

Thank you very much for your great review! The trip from Australia must have been very exhausting! I am sure the Penthouse suite was more than comfortable for the whole family. Thank you for stating that we are just a short 10-15 minute walk to the Disneyland Park. However, because walking around the park ALL day can definitely be exhausting, the Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) shuttle is very beneficial. The small fee of $5 for adults and $2 for children (3-9 years) is a bargain for an all day pass.

It is a pleasure to read that you will be back the next time you visit the Anaheim Resort area. We will be expecting you from the “down under”!

Ripon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I am writing this review PRIOR to my stay which will take place in March. I just wanted to comment on the exceptional customer service I have already encountered from Roger at the Residence Inn, Maingate. There was a discrepancy in the internet rate verses the rate I was quoted when I called the Marriott Member Service Desk and one fax and an email and Roger responded right away and cleared it up! As a Marriott owner I am always pleased with their customer service no matter what property we are staying at. Thank you Roger for continuing the exceptional service we have been pampered with all these years. I look foward to our stay with you in March for our daughters birthday!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Rosella N,

WOW! This is such an awesome review to read! I am so glad that Roger provided you with such excellent customer service! I am sure there is much more anticipation to arrive now, especially because there is a birthday celebration. We would love to help celebrate with you, please don’t hesitate to contact us so we could set up a nice surprise for your daughters birthday!

Have a safe trip and we will see you soon!

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed at this hotel 2nd week of January 2013. I have some mixed feelings on this place. On the plus the staff are very exceptionally friendly and helpful. Free breakfast every morning is a plus for travelers on a budget. A stone's throw from Disneyland ( 15 minute walk) or a few minutes on the ART # 7 bus. A 2 minute walk to Anaheim Garden Walk. Pool is open 24 hours and there is free wifi. Full kitchens with cutlery, pots pans etc are excellent and the hotel will do a grocery shop for you so you can go enjoy your day and come back to cook as you please. We enjoyed that service and on these things would stay here again. There were many families at the resort when we were there who were loving this place. So it is good on that note.

The downside. A pair of sweatpants I brought with me went missing from my room on the 2nd day. I turned my room upside down looking for them but they were were not found. It was not reported found in the laundry and front desk staff said nothing had come up in lost and found. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were awful. There was dust in corners and on door frames and the shower head bracket kept detaching form the wall. There were stains on the curtains and one of the chairs had stain from overuse and under cleaning and the air conditioner/heater was so loud it kept us up at night. Generally well maintained and updated but the bathroom, bed/pillows, couches was sad in comparison to modern sink, vanity and kitchen. the floor in our room creaked and groaned whenever we walked around.
It is possible that these were particular to our room only, and I think we'd try this place again in a different room to see if things are the same. The room was neat and tidy despite everything.

Room Tip: Opt for a King Sized bed if you can, and Ask for extra pillows. Opt for a room on the 2nd floor so...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear kazziopia,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience while at our hotel. I appreciate your generous comments on our team and our service. With that being said, I would also like to apologize for some of our shortcomings. I have brought this review to the attention of my Facilities Manager, Mishelle Valadez, so that she is aware of the issues that you have mentioned. This is definitely not a standard of our hotel and I want to make sure that these issues are solved and prevented for all of our future guests.

As far as the missing article, I have also mentioned this to our housekeeping supervisors and I will make sure we have them double check the laundry again. It is possible that it might have been accidently wrapped up in the linnen while the room was being serviced. Please feel free to follow up with either me or Mishelle at krosales@rimhospitality.com or mvaladez@rimhospitality.com with any questions or concerns.

We always encourage guests to let us know how their experience was while here with us. Thank you again for your time and we hope to hear from you soon.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We recently stayed at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate during our trip to America in December 2012. The hotel is in a good location and is only one block back from Disney Way and is a short 15 minute walk to Disneyland and California Adventure Park. We stayed in the Loft room which was a 2 storey room with a King Bed upstairs and 2 Queen Beds in the second bedroom and had 2 bathrooms.If you have an upstairs room you can open the windows and let in fresh air, they have a lock on them so they can be left open at night also. We were able to prepare our own meals if we felt like it as we also had a full kitchen with oven, microwave and full size refrigerator.They also provided cutlery and crockery. The only complaint we had was that the table only had seating for 4 and we were a party of 5. We also had advantage of a dishwasher so no one had to stand and do dishes. The free Wi-Fi is also quite good.

Breakfast was included daily and we had a good selection of food from cereals to pancakes, waffles and french toast, bacon and eggs, toast and bagels. You are also able to take the food back to your room and eat at your own leisure, not a bad idea as sometimes the dining room got quite crowded.

We walked to Disneyland from the hotel but they do offer a shuttle bus that takes you to the gate also for a fee.

During the week on Mon, Wed and Fri the hotel organises theme nights and put on Pizza nights, Hot Dog nights etc, a chance to meet other guests.

Our room was near the pool and spa, but the noise did not affect us. We were also able to see the fireworks from Disneyland from our front door which was nice to watch each night.

There are some nice restaurants near by and we had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory one night which is very nice if a bit pricey but still reasonable.

If you are into shopping the Orange Outlets is the place to go, a large selection of shops with great prices.

We would recommend this hotel to our friends and would most likely stay there again for the convenience of the self catering and able to have 5-6 people in the room which is not always available at most hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs as you can then leave the windows open to let in fresh air.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear samprejumpa,

How did you enjoy your trip to America?! It sure looks like you were able to check out a lot of what the Anaheim Resort area has to offer. Thank you for mentioning some of the amenities, restaurants and shopping guests can do when they visit our location. What many guests, like yourself, really enjoy are the complimentary social hours that we host on Mondays, Wednesdays and every other Fridays. These snacks include nachos, hotdogs/hamburgers, salad, potato salad, cheese and crackers, veggie and dip, soft pretzels and much more.

I also noticed that you mentioned the Orange Outlets just down the way from us. This mall offers a large amount of stores to shop from as well as a movie theatre and a few eateries. However, the Gardenwalk which is located just across the street from us has a variety of restaurants such as California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gump Shrimp, P.F. Changs and many more.

Thank you for all of your future recommendations. I hope that you will take a trip back down here very soon!

Front Office Supervisor

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate? Share your experiences!