Our family of four (2 kids, ages 7 and 4) stayed at the Residence Inn Maingate for five days in July 2012 for our very first family vacation, and our sons' first time at Disneyland.
Check-in was quick and easy (a plus for 4 VERY tired travelers), allowing us to get to our room fast so that we could relax and unwind. The room was sparkling clean and fully stocked with more than enough pillows and blankets for everyone, and extras for the sofa-bed. We loved that the cupboards were full of glasses, mugs, dishes, pots and pans and even tupperware. Another unexpected benefit was the shopping service, which we used once. For no extra charge, you can leave a shopping list on the table in your room, and when you get back at the end of your day at Disney, your groceries are put away and ready for you :)
The breakfast was absolutely outstanding!! It was definitely busy, and we highly recommend getting there bright and early. The selection was amazing for the three days we were there. We enjoyed each morning with make-your-own waffles fresh from the hot iron (the kids LOVED this!), scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausage patties, ham slices, pancakes, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins and other pastries. There was even a large bowl of strawberry fruit topping (the canned variety) which I used on my waffles :) There was plenty of other toppings available, including cream cheese spread, butter, jam and of course maple syrup. There were cold cereals (corn flakes, frosted flakes, Cheerios and honey-nut Cheerios when we stayed), hot oatmeal with nuts and raisins for topping, and cold milk, as well as a coffee station with creamer, sugar and sugar substitutes of various sorts. Everything that was supposed to be hot was piping hot, and the pastries and bread items were fresh and never hard or stale. We really can't say enough about the breakfast here--it really was a big plus for us to start each day before heading into the Disney parks, even for a very picky 4-year-old. I can't thank Residence Inn enough for this amazing breakfast :D
The shuttle to Disneyland comes about every 25-35 minutes, and was very nice :) The wait time for the shuttle at closing time was not bad at all, and we were able to drag our tired selves back to our room in little time at all when we were through with a day of fun! The beds were VERY comfortable and clean, and were always made up for us when we returned at night. Our boys enjoyed the pool and hot tub area, which was very clean.
The entire property was very well kept and clean, which we loved :) The lobbies were also sparkling clean, and the sitting area by the business/internet desks was very comfortable and quiet. There is on-site laundry facilities, which we used to wash all our clothes before heading home to Oregon. Our room also included a fire-log in the fireplace, so on our last night there we made up the sofa-bed, lit a fire and our boys snuggled up and watched Disney shows and had popcorn. This was our very first family vacation, and it couldn't have been better! Thanks again to the staff of the Residence Inn Maingate for helping to make our stay truly magical. Our boys had a fabulous time, and they won't ever forget it. We'll definitely stay here again next time we head to Disneyland!!
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate Hotel Anaheim
- Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate Hotel
- Residence Inn Anaheim
- Anaheim Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very unique all suite condo style hotel located 1/2 mile from Disneyland. All suites have fully equipped kitchens & full size pull out sofa sleepers. We offer suites that can accommodate up to 8 people. We offer the following free amenities: breakfast, grocery shopping services, social hour, parking, internet, business center usage. Our guests have access to purchasing exclusive discounted park tickets through our on property Disney Desk. On property fire pit & BBQ Grills. Pet Friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.