“Great for Extended Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #26 of 113 Hotels in Anaheim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Scappoose, Oregon
“Great for Extended Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My extended family stayed here for 7 nights during our trip to Disneyland. The very best part about this hotel is the service. These people truly know what guest service is!

Here's my negatives:
-The rooms are little old and the ventilation is terrible, especially in the bathrooms. After one shower the room is stuff for a good hour. Swim suits don't dry.
-While it is only a 0.5 mile walk from the intersection of Disneyland and Harbor BLVD, it gets very old after doing it for 5 days. A free shuttle to Disneyland would be awesome. You can pay $5 a day to have one take you but when so many other hotels offer a free shuttle, they should be too.
-The coffee isn't that good...this could be because I am from the Northwest where we are coffee snobs but just sayin'.

And the positives:
+Breakfast is great.
+The pool & hot tub are AWESOME! Very warm and clean.
+Maid service everyday was nice.
+Rooms are spacious for the amount of people they are designed for. Don't over crowd them.

All in all, a great stay. I would probably go back...especially if they offered a FREE shuttle to Disneyland.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Alison K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our property. I also appreciate the fact that you took the time to write what you felt the pros and cons of our hotel were. I would like to address some of the topics you mentioned, that you felt negatively impacted the hotel:

• Distance to Disney: You are correct in mentioning that we are a half of a mile to Disneyland which is equivalent to a short 10-15 minute walk. I understand that after walking around all day at the park the walk back does get tiring. This is why the city of Anaheim provides the ART shuttle which is an all day pass for a small fee of $5 per person and children 3-9 are $2.
• Rooms: I apologize that the room had poor ventilation. I have shared this information with my chief engineer and we will find a resolution for this issue. I am aware that our property is showing its age and we are currently working to making the appropriate steps to improve this.
• Coffee: I am sorry you didn’t find our coffee was very good. We have a couple of small coffee shops including Starbucks within a mile radius of our hotel for other options.

I hope that some of the topics I touched on helped make things a bit clearer. If you still have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me personally at 714) 782-0047 or at krosales@rimhospitality.com.

Thank you again for your review and your time in writing about our property. We hope to see you back very soon!

Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Since the hotel is extremely close to disneyland, I requested a room away from the pool and it seemed to cut down on the noise from children. I stayed in building 22. Walking distance to Anaheim Garden Walk and short drive to Disneyland. Friendly staff, clean room, comfy linens. A great home away from home for the week

Room Tip: Front of building 22. Away from pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear martham222,

Your review was a pleasure to read, short and sweet! It is always great to see business travelers stay at our property because they enjoy our “home away from home” atmosphere. You are correct in mentioning we are only within a quick 5 minute walk to the Anaheim Garden Walk which provides a huge selection of restaurants such as California Pizza Kitchen, the Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gump Shrimp and P.F. Changs just to name a few!

I can guarantee we will see you back shortly, hopefully next time for a leisure stay!

NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was surprised when I first saw the hotel room given all the positive feedback on tripadvisor. I stayed in a Queen Studio, which was small to say the least. The kitchen was a decent size and was functional but the bathroom was tiny. I couldn't even close the bathroom door, because I felt claustrophobic. The sofa and bed were both uncomfortable. I stay at Marriott properties on a weekly basis and this property is subpar.

On the plus side, the free parking and breakfast buffet were nice features. Make sure you get to breakfast early, because it becomes a zoo. While the hotel is a 15-20 min walk to Disney, I would consider taking the ART shuttle for 5 dollars. The walk at night is torturous after an entire day at Disney.

To summarize if you are willing to "rough" it for the free parking and breakfast, I recommend the hotel. If you are used to amenities found at other Marriott properties, don't expect to find them here.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear ladeeda923,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you felt our property was not up to par with your standards. The average size hotel ranges from about 325 square feet, at our property the smallest room type that we offer is the Studio suite which is about 450 square feet. Due to the fact that all of our suites include fully equipped kitchens and living room areas, they are generally larger than the standard size hotel room. I definitely would recommend one of our larger rooms as an option for a future stay with us, our largest suite, the Two Bedroom, is 750 square feet. This room is perfect for larger families and comfortably fits up to 8 people.

Being that the complimentary full hot buffet breakfast is one of the more popular amenities on property it does tend to get pretty busy. The busiest times are between 8:30-9:30am, during these times I like to suggest enjoying your breakfast in the comforts of your own suite or in our outdoor patio area. This makes breakfast a lot more enjoyable and a lot less chaotic!

Thank you again for your response. We hope to be able to accommodate you in the near future.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

As a Platinum VIP I got upgraded to the 1 bedroom suite. (got a free bottle of wine...woo hoo)

I Recommend this hotel....but cannot compare it to others in the area.

2 Double beds (they say Queen but feel like double) in one room ....kinda awkward and not very useful except for kids in other bed.

2 small-ish LCD tvs and a living/dining room layout with well equipped kitchen.

Outside pool and Jacuzzi.

Decent self-serve breakfast...but crowed at times.

Very helpful staff.

Shuttle bus to Disneyland park runs every 20 minutes xx:00, xx:20, xx:40 $5/adult $3/kids for all day back-and-forth rides between hotel and park.

Free parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Mark-Debbie,

We appreciate your response on your recent stay with us. From the looks of it, it seems that you stayed in our One Bedroom suite which has two queen size beds in one room and the sofa sleeper located in the living room area with the fully equipped kitchenette. This suite is very common for families in general because parents reside in the bedroom while the children enjoy the sofa bed with their own TV in the living room.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your future recommendations.

Covington, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We recently stayed at the Residence Inn Anaheim Disneyland Maingate hotel. First of all, let me say that the whole staff was very friendly and helpful. If we needed extra towels or pillows they were very quick to bring them to our room. I was surprised by so many great reviews on trip advisor, this hotel is very dated (which I can deal with) but it was also very dirty. The couch had so many spills and stains, we were uncomfortable sitting on it. The mattress also had several stains. The kitchen and bathroom floors were filthy. There was also a unidentified brown slime all over the front of the cabinets in the bathroom. The third night at the hotel, while watching TV sitting on the bed, a mouse ran across the room and ran under the couch. I called the front desk and they sent someone out to look. He looked for about 10 seconds and declared the mouse was gone and he would go get a trap. I insisted that he look a little bit longer and I ended up lifting the couch, and looking behind the curtains. Finally I agreed to the trap. He came back a few minutes later letting me know they were out of traps and would get more the next day, which they did, but, by then, we wanted to switch rooms. The second room smelled so bad we did not even bother to unload our stuff. Finally, the third room (a upgrade) smelled better but still have mystery stains on couch and mattress, stained up carpet and the dirty kitchen and bathroom. I have stayed at many Marriotts’ and this is definitely the worst. It could be a nice hotel if it was just updated. And the price was not that cheap. We stayed at the HOJO’S last time for $50 less a night and it pretty comparable. The hotel staff was very willing to switch us rooms and do what it took to make our stay better. But the problem is that the hotel is just not to Marriott’s standard. Next time I will most likely stay at the Anaheim Marriott (which was cheaper per night but did not include breakfast and parking).
The daily buffet breakfast was very convenient but was just okay, but nothing memorable. Although it did save us some time and money to not have to worry about breakfast. The free parking was great. My teens loved the pool and hot tub. I did not use it but the area seemed nice. The hotel is not really at the main gate. There is a 10 minute walk, which is not bad in the morning, but seems like the Baton Death March on the way back at the end of the night… But right across the street is one of the Disney parking lots with a free shuttle and we just walked over and took that (not sure it’s that’s okay).

Room Tip: stay in a room on the second floor.
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Perfect alternative to a condominium for three generations (Grandparents, parents and children) -6 total - to stay together for a wonderful Disneyland experience! A 2 bedroom/2 bathroom loft/suite with kitchen all within easy walking distance to Disneyland Park. The complimentary breakfast with selections for even the most finicky eater was the perfect start to each morning. Daily housekeeping did a great job. The weather was rainy at time, so we didn't take advantage of the the pool, but others did and appeared to having a good time. The premises was very well maintained. Would recommend this property to any family wanting close proximity to Disneyland.

Room Tip: The family suites - king size bed in loft with en-suite bath and main floor bedroom with two queen b...
Dear NewcastleDan,

It seems as though all three generations enjoyed a great time during your stay. Our generation one property is indeed similar to condominium apartments. The 25 buildings that we have on property provide guests with the perfect amount of privacy with our exterior entrances. It sounds like you stayed in our Penthouse suite, a great choice for larger families. The Penthouse is a bi-level loft with two sleeping areas, a King bed in the upstairs loft and two queen size beds in the downstairs bedroom. Not to mention the fully equipped kitchenettes and living room area where the sofa sleeper is located.

Thank you for all of the great comments and hopefully the weather is nice and sunny so you are able to enjoy the pool!

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Our family of five (3 adults, 2 kids aged 8 & 4) stayed for 10 nights in a penthouse suite. The room was clean, very roomy and the two full bathrooms and full kitchen are a big plus. While all the amenities were great, what we remember most from our stay is how friendly and helpful the staff are here. Particular thanks to Kimberly & Roger for accommodating all our requests during our stay, nothing was ever too much trouble! The breakfast is super yummy and plentiful and the pool area is surprisingly quiet most of the time. Kiddie pool is a nice bonus too. The grocery service is so useful, we sent a list ahead of our chek-in date and had everything waiting in the room when we arrived.
On our last day my 4 year old daughter still had a Disneyland ballooon that we couldn't take with us on our flight to our next destination. She was very upset about leaving it behind, but the front office staff really made her day by offering to keep it at reception and look after it for her.
Thank you so much everyone at Residence Inn, you really made our vacation even better than we had expected :)

Room Tip: Request an upstairs condo, as I understand the downstairs accommodation sometimes suffers from foot...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Elizabeth891,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It is a pleasure to read what a great time you had while staying with us. I particularly would like to thank you for mentioning how much you appreciated our staff. Our team is a huge factor in why many of our returning guests keep coming back, in every department from the front desk to engineering to housekeeping.

The grocery shopping service is a favorite for guests! Mainly because it requires very little work for guests, simply write a list of what you need and we do the shopping for you complimentary! As you mentioned, we gladly accept lists prior to check in so that the groceries are in the room right as you check in. Feel free to contact the hotel or myself if any future Trip Advisor users are looking to send in their orders at (714) 533-3555 or krosales@rimhospitality.com.

On behalf of Roger and I, we thank you for your comments and we cannot wait to see you back at our property. Thank you again for your response.

Front Office Supervisor

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate? Share your experiences!