“Our Go To Hotel to make a fun disney trip....” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #24 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
Ventura, CA
“Our Go To Hotel to make a fun disney trip....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We are locals and admit love disney. We come our fair share and with a toddler a disney day is just so much better with a nap (and cocktail hour for her parents). We have come to love the Residence Inn. Within walking distance to disney and full kitchen, saves us a lot of money. Truth be-told, we don't eat at disney at all. With the amount of money we save on food, is how we can afford the hotel. The free breakfast makes it easy to go enjoy the park, come back for a nap, eat some sandwiches, go back for night and then have dinner. The rooms are spacious, staff is courteous and if you get a room on the corner, you can walk out and watch the fireworks show. Standard room, great for families... with what else is out there for the price, it's a good value. In response to the "aging" reviews...After staying at several of the hotels on Harbor blvd. I think all of them are in the category....The only thing I can actually complain about was on this particular visit, they were cutting the trees down around the rooms, it was an absolute mess, a HUGH safety issue and no one seemed to care, I'll overlook it this time, but I was disappointed with how poorly it was handled by management.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear hjoyo,

Thank you very much for your review. From what you have written, I can tell that you and your family enjoyed a very great time while visiting the Anaheim Resort area. One important thing that families look for when traveling is budgeting expenses. I understand how important it is to try to save as much money as possible to be able to enjoy it on other activities. An example that you mentioned is our complimentary full hot buffet breakfast, this can easily save a family over $50 a day.

Aside from saving money, you can also save much time and energy with the help of the Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) shuttle. The ART shuttle is a fee based shuttle that transports guests from the local hotels to Disneyland on an all day pass. This day pass is a small fee of $5 for adults and $2 for children ages 3-9 years old. This can be very helpful if the children want to take a nap during the day or to return to the property to enjoy one of our evening social hours.

I lastly want to apologize for the debris around your room. We do our tree trimming about once every three months and our landscapers take extreme precautions when it comes to the safety of our guests by cone placement within 15 feet of vehicles and rooms. I will make sure to discuss this with management and our landscaping team and see why this was not handled properly. Thank you for your information, we appreciate your feedback.

“Suite” Regards,

956 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here Nov 10 to 13, 2012 with our 2 young kids. Kind of surprised by the glorious reviews on tripadvisor. The hotel is very old, our 1 bedroom suite was tight, wallpaper peeling off, tiny bathroom-- no room for our stroller or to unpack our bags. We saw 1 bug during our stay--expected more. The perks-- very close to Disneyland-- our 5 yr old happily walked there in 10-15 minutes, close to Anaheim Gardenwalk with awesome restaurants and the daily breakfast was great. The staff is nice, but having to walk outside in a long maze of sidewalks to do anything (laundry, eat, swim) was a pain. I love Residence Inn style hotels-- but this one is in need of a serious makeover!

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor if u have kids o/w you'll be lugging a stroller up a flight of stairs!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vanessa S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Viv77,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay in early November. We appreciate your candid response. I'd like to apologize for the challenges that you experienced with your family. Would you be willing to reach out to me to let me know the room you stayed in? Because you brought it to my attention, I personally want to make sure the wallpaper in your room has been repaired by our team. Additionally, (since we are comprised of multiple buildings in a lush, garden-like setting) every now and again an unwelcome winged friend might sneak its way into rooms, despite our persistent efforts to keep them out. I'm so sorry one decided to make itself at home in your room! We certainly DO NOT want them there AT ALL. We highly encourage our guests to tell us immediately if they see anything unusual so we can check the seals in each room. All of us want you to have a relaxing & enjoyable stay, so we are more than happy to correct what we can ASAP.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback. Please drop me a line or give me a call letting me know your past room so that I can follow up with our maintenance team to ensure the satisfaction of our future guests.

Warm Regards,

Vanessa Sah, Manager
vsah@rimhospitality.com
714-782-0046 (Direct Line)
Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We arrived about 5:30 PM on 20 November and had no problems checking into out studio. Went to set up the internet but the jack in the console did not work and the wireless would not connect. Several calls to the front desk and eventually we found that the first time I connected Firefox would not work, had to use IE, but from then on had no issues, very good signal strength (right in front of the office). Bed was very good, not too firm or soft and NOT sagging in the middle. The staff overall was very good.

Breakfast was a bit above average in some respects (I stay in a lot of RI's) with plain Greek yogurt and a standard strawberry for the granola, fruit was OK, fresh bananas and some cut honeydew melon. Standard drinks including Hot Chocolate were off to the side. Scrambled eggs (with an omelet variation on two days) all three days, bacon, sausage, and ham were on different days, and fresh flour tortillas all three days, ans the standard waffles and cold cereal.

The pool and hot pool looked good but did not use them, and there is a shallow kiddy pool, the work out room is simple with a bike and two treadmills.

There is a small safe in the room that you have to put your password in to shut and open it, very good idea for us with poor memories.

For younger and in shape folks, the main gate is within walking distance, for those with wee ones or with physical ailments, the ART bus services this hotel, reasonable cost and wait times.

The bad. This is an aging hotel. Closet doors are sticking, the refrigerator ice maker did not work (they tried to repair it and replace it but it did not work, but they gave use several bags of crushed ice from the kitchen) , had an oven but no baking dishes, although the stove top stuff worked for what we cooked.

Overall, a nice place to stay if you do not mind aging infrastructure, very nice staff. The Disney rep and front desk helped a lot when we realized that our Disney tickets were 12 hours away and with a bit of help from them and our ticket agent, we were ready to go when the gates opened up. Needed a sewing kit and some band-aids, no problem.

Room Tip: Two story eight-plexes, no elevators.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vanessa S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Hi 1Ray,

Thank you for your response. I have to tell you, your glowing response of our hearty breakfast has resulted in an unexpected craving for fluffy scrambled eggs and warm tortillas!

I am thrilled to hear that you found our staff to be kind & helpful! Our hotel has been an Anaheim/Disneyland favorite for years and we've welcomed thousands of happy families through our doors. That being said, after years of hustling & bustling parents, grandparents, & kids - our hotel can use the tiniest bit of rouge & lipstick here and there. Please know, we are working on encourging OUR bosses into determining a renovation date (and your message is helping us!). We ask that if you, or any of our guests, see something in particular that we can improve - please tell us!! We will do whatever we can to ensure you are happy & comfortable.

Thank you again for your feedback! We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Vanessa Sah, Manager
vsah@rimhospitality.com
714-782-0046 (Direct Line)
Bountiful, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We arrived for our 4 day stay late (12:40am) Monday night...Scott at the front desk was so helpful getting us checked in--very friendly and knowledgable (RI is lucky to have such a loyal employee providing such great service to the weary traveller). Our room was more than adequate--if you're brining kids, consider the Loft Suite (Penthouse) for just the other bathroom, at least--you'll appreciate it--we sure did!

The breakfast was hearty, tasty and filling. Even though they don't have much variety in the hot stuff(eggs everyday, french toast/pancakes alternating, ham/sausage alternating), there are many other choices--cold cereal, oatmeal, waffle machine (and they have 3 irons--so there's never too long of a line). If you choose, you can make breakfast in the full kitchen--so helpful to have for the evenings--complete with full oven if you want to take-n-bake a pizza.

I was initially worried about the pool and hot tub. They both seem small...but was pleasantly surprised to find it adequate--there was never many people there at once, and since it is open 24 hrs, there's always a time when its empty. I enjoyed sitting in the hot tub while doing a few loads of laundry. Wish we had time to shoot a few hoops on the sports court, too!

The ART #7 shuttle picks up right outside--and the number 8 route picks up at the hotel next door--it was nice to have 2 options in case we "just missed" one.

Other conveniences--Gardenwalk is right across the street--but if you're like me, you're too tired after a day of Disney, but there are some good restaurants close by if you want to avoid the pricey Disney fare. There's a Food 4 Less just down Katella (thanks for the directions, Scott!) where you can stock up your fridge.

We had such a nice stay here--and will highly recommend to friends and family. I have no complaints from my stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear robin b,

It sounds like you truly had an "amazing stay". I am so happy to read that you received excellent service upon arriving, I will make sure Scott, our night auditor, gets his proper recognition for his outstanding service. He is one of the many team members at our property that go out of their way to accommodate the guests needs.

I found that the ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) shuttle alternative route is actually very helpful. I sincerely appreciate you mentioning this tip for our future guests heading to Disneyland. You set the perfect example of taking advantage of all the amenities that we offer such as our 24 hour guest laundry room (coin operated), complimentary grocery shopping service and our 24 hour heated pool and hot tub. The Garden Walk directly across the street from us serves as a great and quick location for a variety of dining options.

Thank you very much for your time in writing this review. Hopefully next time you come down to visit you get a chance to shoot a few hoops on our sports court!

San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I checked in Friday and because of my Marriott Gold status, I was immediately upgraded to the penthouse suite. This was a very nice surprise because of the added space, extra bathroom, and nice selection of sleeping arrangements! The room was very clean, the kitchen had nice granite countertops, and the TV's all worked very well.The beds were very comfortable and made for a great afternoon nap!

The hotel's hot tub and pool were both at perfect temperatures and would be nice for larger groups. I was surprised that the pool is open 24 hours. The hotel offers snacks in the evening, and and Friday it was basic chips/salsa/guacamole/ salsa. Not great, but workable. The breakfast buffet is chaotic from all of the families who act as if they will never eat again. That being said, the staff kept the food well-stocked and warm.

I want to stay at this hotel next time I plan a weekend trip to Disneyland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Robert M,

Thank you very much for your review on our hotel. I am glad that my staff was able to accommodate you with a larger suite for added space and comfort. It is great to read that you enjoyed a few of the amenities that we provide on property. You are correct that our pool and hot tub are both open 24 hours (quiet time after 10pm), which is a great way to relax after an exhausting day at the park. Also as you mentioned, we do host social hours for our guests on Monday's, Wednesday's and every other Friday's. On Monday's we offer a nacho bar with soft pretzels, Wednesday's are our BBQ nights where we grill hot dogs and hamburgers and serve them with chips, potato salad and regular salad and on every other Friday's we offer light snacks such as chips and dip and cheese and crackers.

We look forward to your trip back very soon! Please don't hesitate to contact us for any assistance when booking!

Manteca, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

5th time visiting Disneyland with our 3 girls (16,14,10) over the past 12 years and have stayed at 5 different locations, including: Desert Inn, Embassy Suites, Disneyland Hotel, Tropicana and now the Residence Inn.

We would say this is a top choice, especially now that there isn't a free shuttle, because it had a kitchen, extra meals on certain nights, and a more-than-continental breakfast.

The room itself was good (1511 queen studio), was the only room available during our stay in Mid October. The sofa bed was terrible. We called in advance & they said it was a queen size, but it was about a twin size, so we used our twin air mattress, but would've brought our queen air mattress had we known. Housekeeping did bring us 3 mattress pads & an extra comforter to make it more comfortable & our girls took turns sleeping on it over our 4 night stay.

There was a hair on the main bed sheets when we checked, but other than that, the room was very clean.

Great hair products provided. lots of towels, pillows & plenty of room to put 4 girls bathroom necessities. Could use more towel racks and closet space was tight.

We made good use of the extra plugs on the kitchen table to charge our electronics. Liked the sliding door to get light/fresh air in room. Kitchen was well stocked for us, roomy & loved the free popcorn to snack on before bed.

Common area was comfortable with 2 computers for use, hang out area to read or play the Pac-Man video game. Didn't use the bbq area w/fire pit, but looked nice and didn't use the pool which was very popular.

Loved the fresh water with lemons/cucumbers in the lobby. We looked forward to it as we trekked back from Disneyland. It's not that far, but the weather was in the 90's, so it makes it seem farther.

We missed the Monday night nachos, but made it to the Wednesday night bbq of hot dog/hamburgers, lemonade, chips, potato salad, pasta salad, and chili. What a plus! Saved us on dinner expense that night, for sure!

Breakfast was good, not Embassy cooked to order, but offered a variety:
eggs, make yourself waffles, bacon/ham/sausage (alternating), pancakes (not very good), beans w/tortillas to make burritos, breakfast potatoes, cold cereals, machine dispensed juice (not very good), coffee, tea, always 2 fruits cut up with 2 kinds of yogurts (one plain,one fruity), plain oatmeal w/several toppings, & an assortment of breads to toast.
It was always busy, but plenty of room to sit & staff was good at cleaning area.

Disney Hotel is way more expensive than it used to be and there is no free breakfast & you pay for parking, where here it was included. Emabassy is great, but no kitchen and a lot farther. This was a good compromise between the both and it wasn't a low class hotel. We would stay again but get a bigger room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear TheVez5,

Thank you for your thoroughly written response. I see that you have had your fair share of "testing the waters" when it came to searching for the perfect hotel for Disneyland. Luckily, you found our hotel to be the most suitable for you. Like many other guests, they tend to select our hotel over other because of a few things such as our location (10-15 minute walk), our free buffet breakfast served daily, our fully equipped suites and our complimentary WIFI and parking.

I would like to apologize for some of the things you encountered upon entering the room. I have notified my Director of Operations about the hair that was on the bed when arriving. Rest assured that we do take small matters like this very seriously as to make sure it does not happen again. I am glad that the housekeeping team provided you with mattress pads, we understand that comfort is important and we do all that we can to make sure our guests are content.

Thank you for all the great information for our Trip Advisor users.

Rohnert Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We have been going to this hotel for 10 years now, Some times several times a year. They greet us by name when we check in. The staff are wonderful! One year I mentioned my daughters birthdday is on the day we were to be there and when we checked in there was a beautiful cake in the fridge!!!! The grounds are very pretty and it is like home to us. We will be there again the week after Thanks Giving!!!! YEA!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear evette412,

Wow! Thank you so much for your loyalty to not only our property but to Marriott as well. I am most proud that my team was a huge reason why you decided to return to our hotel. We cannot wait to see you back again and don't hesitate to say "hello"!

Front Office Supervisor

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate? Share your experiences!