We just got done with a brief 5 night stay at the Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate and had a fantastic experience. We showed up quite late on a Tuesday night and were warmly received by the front desk at check in. I believe our host was named, David, and he was particularly helpful and friendly after our long day of travel.
We found our large 1 bedroom suite to be extremely comfortable and "homey" with a small kitchenette, fireplace, and sofa bed in the main room and a separate room with 2 queen beds. The room was obviously well-used (this isn't a brand new facility) but very well taken care of.
We were too tired to go find dinner that first night, so what a great surprise when we received a gift bag with various snacks and drinks and a hand-written welcome note from David. That one small thing made it extra special.
With respect to distance... this location is at the edge of what I would consider walking distance. Two strapping lads (my sons) took 25 minutes to get from the park gate to the hotel door - though they confessed being very tired and walking slowly. I carried my 3 year-old from the hotel to the park then back to the hotel (we forgot her Mickey ears) and then back to the park in 45 minutes total. Please don't forget the Mickey ears.
We didn't use the pool or the hot tub - too busy at Disney.
Breakfast: This is the main reason I chose the hotel - thanks to the strong breakfast reviews on TripAdvisor. You all did great with this recommendation! Thanks! It was a great hot breakfast buffet that probably saved my family of 6 something like $60 per day. There was a nice variety of fruits, cereals, pastries, sausages, eggs, waffles, juices, etc.
The outdoor decor/setting is great. Again, very cozy and comfortable.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate Hotel
- Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate Hotel Anaheim
- Residence Inn Anaheim
- Anaheim Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very unique all suite condo style hotel located 1/2 mile from Disneyland. All suites have fully equipped kitchens & full size pull out sofa sleepers. We offer suites that can accommodate up to 8 people. We offer the following free amenities: breakfast, grocery shopping services, social hour, parking, internet, business center usage. Our guests have access to purchasing exclusive discounted park tickets through our on property Disney Desk. On property fire pit & BBQ Grills. Pet Friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.